rllmuk
JoeK

Odyssey: Anthropos - TONIGHT, 8pm!

Hello chums.

Latest stuff for my Odyssey range is coming along in a couple of week (well, just under), so if anyone is keen to keep an eye on what's going to come along and likes these figures:

humanspaintedCOLOURfront.thumb.jpg.ebaec067fccf22e5d920c571ddf948e3.jpg

then pop along here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1113411001/odyssey-anthropos

and click on the notify button to be told when the thing starts.

Fingers being crossed, there's going to be something fairly significant happening in the campaign half-way through it (or whenever we get to my target amount) that might prove to be brilliant, or the worst business decision I've made in ages ;)

Jolly good!

• Upvote 8

Finally settled on a front-end image for the campaign.

anthroposKSimagemainFB.thumb.jpg.a183702087a6ee5974f7384056692477.jpg

God, I wish I could convince toy manufacturers to make these things into fully poseable figures!

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome JoeK, hope it goes well. Is not long before chrimble the best time for a KS though?

6 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Looks awesome JoeK, hope it goes well. Is not long before chrimble the best time for a KS though?

Yeah, it's a bit of a risk but I just really didn't want to hold off until next year - it's been ages since I last released a figure :p

Fair enough. Hopefully to far enough away from the silly season. Fingers crossed for you, they're great minis.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Fair enough. Hopefully to far enough away from the silly season. Fingers crossed for you, they're great minis.

Cheers mate. Hopefully I hit the target, because the other figure of the campaign is hopefully going to be a bit of an eye-opener.

My grand folly!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Ok to share the image at the top of this thread with that link above on my socials dude?

Of course! Share wherever and whenever :D

Backed for the group. I really need to start painting more than one of your guys a year otherwise my unpainted collection will get out of control :D

1 hour ago, Cocky said:

Backed for the group. I really need to start painting more than one of your guys a year otherwise my unpainted collection will get out of control :D

Cheers mate :)

@Mikes

I think you might have been on to something with the impending silly season :p . 

I have a slightly bad feeling about things!

Oh well. I'm seeing how things fare for a few more days, but I can't be anything other than disappointed with the lack of traction this time!

:( I'm sorry it isn't growing as fast as it deserves.  Knights of Dice, a local gaming sceneru co, pulled their own first KS recently for the same reason. They're planning on running it it the end of Q1 next year.

On 09/11/2019 at 19:08, JoeK said:

@Mikes

I think you might have been on to something with the impending silly season :p . 

I have a slightly bad feeling about things!

I'm going to be totally honest here and I know I have no reputation on muk or anything so it won't possibly count for much. 

I think your kickstarter deserves better than it's doing so far, but in all honesty i myself can't afford to back at the level I wanted with a new partner & kids with Christmas approaching (I know it just sounds like excuses). 

Another thing which I don't know it's just me or other people do it too is I don't back until the last day, so I can see if things change radically and I make sure I pledge at what I want. 

All that said (And I hope I haven't offended in any way), my GF has said she will back for me as a late valentine for next year so ill get what I want and try out my Frank Hubert's Colour Schemes I have in my head for the heroes. 

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 2

Cheers mate :)

And I never mind anyone not being able to pledge - we're not talking chump change on these things! God knows were it not for splurging god knows how much on making my own figures I'd very rarely buy other folks' figures myself :p 

The thing with this Kickstarter (and actually all of the ones I've done) is that by the time everything's been prepared for them, the money for the sculpting and original mould production etc has already been done months ago, so by this time it's just a case of seeing what happens! It's all made, the money's gone so it's almost a situation of 'wait and see how it all pans out'. 

The thing about doing Kickstarters for me is that it completely focusses my mind and makes me do all this work and world-building stuff that were I left to my own devices would take bloody ages to do. But for a few weeks I'm completely driven to get everything sorted as much as possible and it forms a nice basis to work on from there!

If the KS fails, then actually it doesn't matter too much really - the plus side is that I don't have to worry about KS fees ;) . The figures will always be able to get made for anyone who wants them...just might take a little longer to get them in production, but they'll be made!

• Upvote 3