Football Manager 2020! Rllmuk at the wheel!

9 hours ago, Butters said:

Are there major changes from FM19? I'm still playing that, and tend to buy every two years.

New roles for staff which seem pointless, loan and technical director. New contract and player role system is fantastic and stops a lot of moaning from players. 

Likewise, the new 3-5 year board plan works really well, far better than single season objectives. If you're on 19 and enjoying it theres no huge reason to upgrade but it's full of small QoL stuff and I'd say you may as well upgrade if on the fence. Engine seems quicker and more responsive.

I do like the idea of less moaning from players. In my current FM19 game I have a striker moaning at me for more game time, despite the fact I started him in the last game and he got injured. Now out for eight weeks, so there is very little I can do about his complaints!

One thing about the players moaning in 19 that stood out was how you'd get rumblings that they're unhappy and want to play or want a new contract or similar and when you start a conversation they just immediately say 'I did want X but now you've come to talk to me I'm happy again'. Feels like they should have added GIVE A LOVELY BIG HUG as an option for 20.

• 1 month later...
On 31/10/2019 at 08:45, Fry Crayola said:

As someone who often plays with a single club for a decade or more, being able to talk to the board about a longer term vision sounds very appealing to me. 

How has this felt on playthroughs? Is it a game changer?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Free to play, yes.

Football Manager 2020, Football Manager Touch and Football Manager Mobile - can they all use the same save game?  What I'd like to be able to do is to play FM2020 on my laptop, and when I go to bed continue on Mobile... or maybe Touch, then continue on the latter when I commute into work (when commuting is an option again #coronavirus) and then continue when I get home.

Possible?

you know what i love about this!

after winning everything, some of my players want to leave for a bigger club...than the one that literally won everything they could, the cup, the cup, the prem and the champ league...i mean...seriously  Miles needs to get that shit fixed! aint nobody in the real world wanting to leave a club that has won everything.

Long term salford game!

Yeah, sounds like a reputation thing. While winning everything in one season shouldn't immediately elevate the club above the likes of Real Madrid, who have decades of history that Salford don't, there should be a short term boost that allows players to recognise that even if Salford are a smaller name than Real, right now they're a better team and a better bet if you want to win trophies.

On 19/03/2020 at 09:53, Fry Crayola said:

No, they're three separate games. 

You can play FM Touch on the PC, and transfer that to another version of Touch, but you can't move from main game to Touch/Mobile.

Ah dammit. That's the holy grail for me, I want to be able to play the full game wherever. Sounds like I could do with Touch though?

38 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Ah dammit. That's the holy grail for me, I want to be able to play the full game wherever. Sounds like I could do with Touch though?

I mean I've got plenty of use out of FM Touch....

IMG-20200314-WA0003.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

that is....bizarre, i mean really!?

loved that bit - "Mr Wyand pointed out that "copies of the game have also been sent by SI to a number of officials and players at the (club) for a number of years and there have been a number of positive press comments and tweets about the game by them".

He added: "Further, the claimant's staff working in the data analytics and scouting teams have contacted SI on various occasions asking for access to the Football Manager database for scouting and research purposes."" lol

and good old Sensi Soccers Manchester Red with Gryan Riggs lol

It's such a weird situation the more I think about it. As Sega's defence have stated, this has been the case since 1992. That's nearly 30 years before Man Utd have decided to pipe up about it. It's clear that nobody's buying the game for the name Manchester United, so it's hardly a case of trading on the name, and the club are so generically represented along with even the licensed teams that there's a clear difference between this, and something like Pro Evo.

Yet it's also true that Sega and SI do make concessions for some teams and leagues. The Japanese teams in the game are entirely fictional and have information hidden from display. Brazilian clubs are given generic three letter names. In the past, French clubs have been referred to by their city only, with no long form name. Certain players have refused to be included, such as Oliver Khan. Some national sides are blocked from play. And of course, the existence of licensed teams and clubs in the game in the first place raises a question as to why it's ok to include all 20 Premier League clubs without one.

So I wonder what way this will go. I think it's just pure money grubbing like it always has been and I'll continue to mock Man Utd for this, but they might actually win. Which would be really annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started on FM2020, the most recent one I had was '15. Decided to start unemployed and so far been turned down for the job at Cambridge United in favour of Tim Sherwood