Football Manager 2020! Rllmuk at the wheel!

Sadly nothing too exciting.  Stoke are a League one side are about the lowest of the recent Premiership teams.  Liverpool had a bad few years that included an 8th and City haven't gotten in the CL in the last 3 seasons.

I'm playing a "Positive" 3-4-2-1 DM formation with two Ball Winning Midfielders in the DM role and an attacking Mezzala as my main creative force, which is probably a bit out there for a team in the Vanarama National League

Wahey! Go on Southport! @Mike

Because I started off as unemployed I missed out on all the good free transfers that people have listed online so will have to work harder to figure out who to buy for next season as my best performers are loanees

I found when down in the lower leagues, the day premier league teams released they’re unwanted youth players was always a goldmine. Just offer them all a weeks trial and then give the good ones contracts. 

Then make sure you arrange a pre season friendly league and invite the highest rep teams you can to get it on tv for some much needed extra money.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

I found when down in the lower leagues, the day premier league teams released they’re unwanted youth players was always a goldmine. Just offer them all a weeks trial and then give the good ones contracts. 

Then make sure you arrange a pre season friendly league and invite the highest rep teams you can to get it on tv for some much needed extra money.

Cool, thanks, I'll definitely take that route. I prefer starting the game like this, means expectations are low. I think the best I've achieved items finding myself manager at Bordeaux when they had Gourcuff and Gouffran on FM09 and winning them a couple of cups

Last time I posted, I'd just had a real positive month, January the team started to find some form, but then we threw it all away in February.

20200828163634_1.thumb.jpg.7121b99582a83204a0150bc8da305157.jpg20200828163642_1.thumb.jpg.a3f8b4244d907ae24c6feaf2cc17d3c7.jpg

We lost one of our key loanee's as he and QPR felt that he was being played out of position. I was playing him as WBR which fit my formation at the time and was actually one of the positions he was expected to play in his contract... We also had Osbourne return from a long term injury and finally reach match fitness, he was previously the clubs star player and was highly influential in the dressing room, but his reappearance in the team coincided with the above drop in form, he also threw a tantrum when I subbed him for Ryan Stirk in one game, despite the latter ultimately being one of the best performers for my time at the club so far.

As for the rest of the season:

I'm disappointed we cant keep hold of Stirk and Sotirou, both are at the club on loan, however the previous manager loaned out Paul MacCallum to Barnet, who you can only finished 3 points behind us and he outscored Sotirou.

20200831154410_1.thumb.jpg.9edd30dc6a58b2bc2ae61dab4066eeec.jpg

I'm pleased that Carline got my best average rating, he Ryan Stirk and James Ball became a great central 3 in my midfield, Kyle Storer might have to take Stirks place, he received alot of bookings but his work ethic was top notch. The squad is also dependent on if I can get a few players to sign new contracts, I have ten players whos contracts expire in June, Storer and Carline are two of them, there's at least 3 more than I really want to keep hold of.

• 2 weeks later...