rllmuk
Flub

Gaming mice and keyboards. All the colours of the rainbow

What's your poison? Cheap and cheerful or blazing with colour?

I don't have a very roomy setup so I go with tenkeyless keyboards. Currently I have this (but set to turn the lights off when it goes idle since it's my bedroom)

ui7Wk9j.jpg

Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2 with "razer green" keys whatever they are. It's comfortable and the gel wrist pad is removeable and magnetic.

I have two mice currently. For day to day desktop use I have this lovely feeling piece of kit

Logitech MX Master 2S

logitech.jpg

It's wireless via a dongle or over bluetooth and can pair to three different devices (There's a button on the base). For gaming I like buttons on the side so I have a

Razer Naga Trinity. This has user selectable sides. Most of the time I use the moba side but when I play Warframe I slot in the frankly offensive Naga original side for a glorious 12 buttons (And it's still not enough for me in Warframe) :)

Razer_Naga_Trinity_09.jpg

But as with anything tech I'm always open to new stuff. What do the rest of you use?

• Upvote 1

Embarrassingly, only about a month or so ago I got one of those cheap monstrosities you see at the end of the “computer accessories” bit of Argos. It’s a *checks notes* Trust GXT 830-RW Avonn.

73920---gxt-830-rw-avonn-gaming-keyboard

It’s the first time I’ve bought something close to a “gamer keyboard” but it’s actually quite nice! The main issue is that I’ve been used to mini keyboards in the past, so these keys feel quite deep to me and at first I was fumbling around the place... :blush: 

HyperX Alloy Elite RGB with Cherry Red switces.

...just as good as a Corsair K95 but £80 cheaper.

...and a Corsair Glaive mouse, as close as I could get to the boss of bosses mice, the Logitech MX518.

After using a 'proper' mechanical keyboard for a week earlier in the year, I absolutely had to get myself one, on a budget. I've now got a chinese cheapo one which isn't as nice as the £200 corsair that I used but is pretty close considering it cost me £37 including a mouse and a, albeit bit shit, mouse mat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redragon-K552-BB-UK-Mechanical-Inclusive-UK-Layout-Keyboard-Mouse-Mousepad-Headset-Combo/dp/B07CMK572C/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2FF57Q6PY2CE0&keywords=redragon%2Bk552&qid=1572870296&smid=A1ST2LBXOQD9JG&sprefix=redragon%2B%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUVZWUkZZMEhCUUhMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzQ5MTcyMjVSWUMzWktYTkNYUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjA4NDc5MzRINUQzOENOTlhZUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

The price has gone up a little. The keyboard itself is pretty responsive and perfect size for my hands and fitting under my laptop stand when not in use. The red backlighting is exactely what I wanted as I used my keyboard a lot in low light. It is noisey, which is fine but is nowhere near as crisp as the corsair that I used. The mouse is ok, certainly good enough for me to prefer it over my razor kana v2 which is pretty old now.

For the £37 that I paid, I'm happy and would seriously suggest to anyone who tries out a mechanical keyboard and likes it, to invest in one. I really struggle to use anything that isn't mechanical now and my typing, gaming speed has increased significantly. If I had £100+ to spend I would have bought a proper brand but I'm more than happy with the performance of this one.

No 'gaming' keyboard for me, instead a Leopold FC700 with cherry red switches. Also custom DSA profile keycaps, because of course:

Leopold.JPG.915d2a7b97c1a9973736b2da63281e5f.JPG

It's tenkeyless because I suffer from RSI - for which reason I also don't use a mouse, but rather one of these:

270321.jpg?width=680px&height=449px

• Empathy 1

My son has mentioned a gaming keyboard and mouse for Xmas to use with his PS4 any recommendations preferably usb?

He is 10 so I am sure lots of lights will be essential!

I have gone completely over to Logitech mice after owning a couple of MS laser mice that were great but fell apart after 12 months and then a few cheap gaming looking jobs that again fell to bits. I have one for each machine at home, an MX Master 2S and one of the MX AMZ and an MX Anywhere. Brilliant mice that have great useful features and are built like tanks.

I mainly use a joypad for games mind.

20191104_152200.jpg

I've got a Microsoft Office Basic Keyboard & Mouse but don't game with them at all.

My son has a Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard and Razer Lancehead TE Mouse with a Razer Goliath RGB Mousemat, all the lights, they look really good but Razer's software is awful and if he uses the wrist support it tends to get 'sticky' keys and repeat inputs randomly.

I decided to break one of my final rules like a week or so ago and buy a "gamer" thing that had lights in it.

While I'm not sure I'll ever really forgive myself, I replaced my cheap Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse (complete with F-keys that by default launched all your "productivity" applications) with a Logitech G915 keyboard and G703 mouse and they do actually feel considerably better so to sum up I no longer know what to believe about my life, or existence really.

• Upvote 1

The G903 is an amazing mouse. But in my case had a fatal flaw. Due to how I have things arranged my keyboard and mouse are on what is actually a small laptop table (Why I use tenkeyless) and with it being a laptop table it's slightly sloped.

The G903 moves so frictionlessly that it would more often than not slide off the table when I took my hand off it. In the end one of the side buttons smashed off. I use it at work now.