Guilty Gear -Strive-, delayed to 2021.

1 hour ago, imp said:

Baiken is really popular too, so might get a spot, although I don't think she's quite on their level. 

Baiken's the most popular character in every region outside Japan according to that recent poll they held. She'll almost certainly be back at some point, and hopefully she'll have a new combat style. Nobody actually uses her because she's awkward as hell to use, myself included.

2 hours ago, JLM said:

I’d love to see Bridget come back. 

I don’t know too many characters, but a little boy pretending to be a girl beating people up with a yo-yo sounds too good!

ive seen a little of raven too, no idea how he plays, but he looks cool.

Well, that's me bowing out for the beta. Christ, the amount of difference a solid netcode and short loadtimes make. I can get in 3 fights in this, that play flawlessly, in the space it takes me to get to the end of 1 tar filled match in Tekken 7. Sorry for not joining you all, I've been pretty much sat in the tower learning the joys of Unga Bunga May. It took a while to click, but the moment I managed to get used to her strengths of just constantly pushing people into corners, I went full gorilla and ended up at rank 9. 

I want all fighters to be like this, I want it to be this snappy. In, out, next match, perfect netcode. I can even cope with the weird lobby system, as it doesn't really detract from everything else. It's not a dealbreaker at all. I can't get over how much fun I've had with this. It feels like I've gone back to the PS2 era in the best way possible. I could just sit on this game all night, in a discord chat, and have a right laugh. 

I live in the middle of nowhere, and while in the past I would have to travel hours for any meetup, which just isn't feasible as I already commute 3 hours a day as it is. To have a game like this work this well means so much to me. I thought I might have been done with fighters, I found SFV dry and constantly a chore to get going. I had amazing fun with SamSho, but even playing someone else in Scotland would feel like shite online. So I just couldn't dedicate myself to it at all. It even got to the point where my arcade stick had been dormant under the TV for the past 4 years. I didn't see the point of getting it out when everything I played online felt like shite, so may as well just play on pad. (I'm aware NRS games apparently play really well, but I absolutely despise NRS fighters).

I can't wait for this to come out... I think the amount of time I spend on WoW is going to take a MASSIVE hit :lol:

Yeah it feels like the people who have taken a hiatus from fighting games might be back in a big way for this one, just from any indication from the positive vibes I'm getting.

Now if they can just nerf Ramenthal this could be a modern classic...

Holy shit guys, I have figured out the beta. Use the auto matching while training feature (either in tower or park) and set the option to “use previous environment” and it just pings training mode on top of the stage and opponent you were just fighting so there’s no loading to endure before it starts matchmaking again!

25 minutes ago, imp said:

Holy shit guys, I have figured out the beta. Use the auto matching while training feature (either in tower or park) and set the option to “use previous environment” and it just pings training mode on top of the stage and opponent you were just fighting so there’s no loading to endure before it starts matchmaking again!

Why did they make this process so obscure outside matches :doh:

If I’d known this wasn’t on tonight I would have made more effort yesterday. 

Looking forward to the full thing a lot now though, although it’s going to be expensive getting ps+ again too.

Out of all the characters I was interested in, the only one I tried was Potemkin, and that was only a few games. Spent most of my time with Giovanna, May and Ky. all of which I wasn’t even looking at before!

Would this have any cross play or will platform dictate who we can play with? I'd be tempted by PC for shinier graphics as PS5s are like hen's teeth. Edit: also I don't fancy paying for PS plus.

Edit: ah no cross play at launch, if at all.

They've added the coolest feature to ACR!

Not only can you rewind replays now (which is the first time I've seen this feature in a fighting game), but you can now pause the replay at any point and take control of your character.

No longer will you have to wonder what the right button was for anti-airing! No longer will you have to wonder if you should have gone for that combo extension or not! No longer will you have to wonder if you coulda made it into the big leagues, if you only took the chance.

Whooooah. Damn. Guess it’s a good thing they’re reworking the lobbies. It’s cool they listened to feedback, but... why didn’t they listen to lobby feedback from the first beta?

I suppose they must really want to avoid a launch disaster like SFV’s, I don’t know if it ever fully recovered from that reputational damage. 

1 hour ago, imp said:

Whooooah. Damn. Guess it’s a good thing they’re reworking the lobbies. It’s cool they listened to feedback, but... why didn’t they listen to lobby feedback from the first beta?

I really do like the look of the lobbies but they're a bit of a mess in actual function. Being locked in place after fights for >10 seconds and the huge wait for the R-Code when you inevitably accidentally click it will hopefully be sorted by the server stability fixes (and maybe not having the R-Code option be the same path as Challenging another player if they're not currently available to fight). I'm sure they'll add a quick rematch option to the casual lobbies to make the downtime less of a sag as well.

1 hour ago, imp said:

I suppose they must really want to avoid a launch disaster like SFV’s, I don’t know if it ever fully recovered from that reputational damage. 

I guess we'll find out what negative impact SFV's launch had on the franchise when Street Fighter 6 launches. It did sell well eventually but it was a slow drip.

Just now, joffocakes said:

I really do like the look of the lobbies but they're a bit of a mess in actual function. Being locked in place after fights for >10 seconds and the huge wait for the R-Code when you inevitably accidentally click it will hopefully be sorted by the server stability fixes (and maybe not having the R-Code option be the same path as Challenging another player if they're not currently available to fight). I'm sure they'll add a quick rematch option to the casual lobbies to make the downtime less of a sag as well.

I guess we'll find out what negative impact SFV's launch had on the franchise when Street Fighter 6 launches. It did sell well eventually but it was a slow drip.

Yeah, totally agreed. I have no problem with walking my pixel man around and challenging people, but it totally fell down when it came to challenging folk; all the teleportation and confusion around other people trying challenge the same opponent was pretty much a total failure for user experience. I do hope they keep the tower concept for ranked mode though, I quite enjoy that.

And hopefully you don't get too attached to Axl's grounded DP in ACR in the mean time ;) 

Nooooooo!

oh well. I get to save up some money, but a week or two before Mario golf, the only other thing I’m looking forward to is a bit annoying.