Guilty Gear -Strive-. Out now!

Kayin Amoh

14 hours ago, JLM said:

Beta works fine all day, half an hour before I finish work it goes down. Profound sadness. :( 

This was me yesterday.

8 minutes ago, imp said:

More emergency maintenance this morning. :(

I just want to know the smell of the game!

Just a little sniff...

It's back up now!

I can't find the beta client via the console store and adding it to my library via the browser store just brings up an error. Wasn't it supposed to become available to everyone in the early hours of the morning?

55 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

I can't find the beta client via the console store and adding it to my library via the browser store just brings up an error. Wasn't it supposed to become available to everyone in the early hours of the morning?

In the store just find regular GG strive and scroll down to the bottom past the special editions.

Weird, it wasn't there for me scrolling through every Guilty Gear game on there before. Thought I'd scrolled through everything on the Strive page too. Jonster's link worked fine though, cheers :)

Got absolutely mauled in my first match online. Just locked down completely with no clue how to deal with it. Scary start but it wasn't as horrifying after a few bouts.

Payed 14 matches in total, all of them ran perfectly for me. I wish there was less time waiting in the lobby and more time pressing buttons though.

Yeah the lack of quick rematch in the beta is a bit rubbish. I think the intention is that people will play as wide a range of people as possible, but with that clunky lobby it's not great that people get booted back to it after each game. With the damage currently being so high the matches can be very short too. 

26 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Got absolutely mauled in my first match online. Just locked down completely with no clue how to deal with it. Scary start but it wasn't as horrifying after a few bouts.

Payed 14 matches in total, all of them ran perfectly for me. I wish there was less time waiting in the lobby and more time pressing buttons though.

Yeah, I got mauled the first few, but am getting the hang of it now, up on the 7th floor. My muscle memory is actively working to make me fuck up in every situation though!

Played about 20 matches or so, all of which have been excellent quality netcode-wise. Haven't played an opponent with over a hundred ping yet though.

Ramlethal is living up to her name day one - jesus! I think she's going to be incredibly strong early as she can chill at mid range doing big S->HS->combo on hit, not to mention her corner pressure and cheeky overhead hitting more often on day 1!

I started on Floor 7, was that because I played the last beta? Got knocked down to 6 after that first match but got back up after some wins; ended 10 wins to 4 losses this morning which isn't too bad. 

I have saved clips of my successes ONLY.

1 minute ago, joffocakes said:

I started on Floor 7, was that because I played the last beta? Got knocked down to 6 after that first match but got back up after some wins; ended 10 wins to 4 losses this morning which isn't too bad. 

I have saved clips of my successes ONLY.

Huh, I started on floor 6, but immediately got knocked down to 5. I put that down to dropping all my combos in the placement match?

That double command grab though! :lol:

Hmm, the US Twitter account is quiet, but the JP one tweeted a couple of hours ago about unstable server issues and emergency maintenance again. I really hope they extend the beta!

Stolen from a Discord I’m in

1) Sign into another PS4 User

2) Start the beta, accept everything till select name. Type a name and confirm it.

3) Select 'no' to register data to servers. Select 'yes' to starting without connecting to network. At this point you're either in or errored to main menu. Press X again and it will ask you Step 3 again. Repeat till you're in.

Took a couple of attempts for me but I’m back into training mode at least.