Guilty Gear -Strive-. Out now!

Kayin Amoh

Nice, that managed to get me in thanks. At least I'll be able to check out a bit of training mode tonight.

Plus I got to have a bonus round of accepting the terms and conditions/privacy policy which is always the best part of any Bamco release.

Edit: Turned out to be about five minutes of training mode before getting booted out again :lol:

Probably seen enough already to make me decide to go for the PC version over the PS4, there were a couple of surprisingly long loads in there.

I couldn't get the alternate account method to work, but I did randomly get back in on my own account, only able to access offline stuff. Spent a little time with a few characters I hadn't touched yet but my biggest takeaway is the dash macro is AMAZING. Makes instant air dashing much more consistent, as well as dash cancelling normals / gaining momentum mid combo to make normals reach that usually wouldn't. Really hope the servers are sorted tomorrow though, would love to get more fights in!

5 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Just done the tutorial and had a game online, seems to be working ok now. Literally no idea what I’m doing as this is my first guilty gear.

Whatever you do, don’t block. The true way of anime fighters is to always be pressing buttons and always be doing either DP or super on wake up! 

Servers seemed to have stabilised somewhat - was getting more reliable matchmaking and such since posting this morning. Made my way up to floor 8 and now I’m terrified. 

Thanks so much to @Jonster for that trick to getting into the game in offline mode. Played about 50 games of offline vs mode with my support bubble person thanks to you. The game is a lot of fun. 

Briefly played online a bit also as the servers were working late last night. The netcode has been flawless but the lobby system is absolutely horrendous. With the damage currently being so high and the games being quite short, the gameplay to faffing about ratio is not good at all. Shouldn’t be as much of a problem when the full game comes out and we don’t have to play best of 1, but it is making this beta frustrating to play after experiencing the joys of offline with a quick rematch button.  

I'm crap at this style of fighting game but enjoyed this with Giovanna. Did all right online. PS5 D-pad is greasy as fuck though, hate it. I'll have another go on my stick at some point. Amazing presentation. 

1 hour ago, JLM said:

Thanks so much to @Jonster for that trick to getting into the game in offline mode. Played about 50 games of offline vs mode with my support bubble person thanks to you. The game is a lot of fun. 

Briefly played online a bit also as the servers were working late last night. The netcode has been flawless but the lobby system is absolutely horrendous. With the damage currently being so high and the games being quite short, the gameplay to faffing about ratio is not good at all. Shouldn’t be as much of a problem when the full game comes out and we don’t have to play best of 1, but it is making this beta frustrating to play after experiencing the joys of offline with a quick rematch button.  

Yeah, I really, really hope it defaults to best of 3 sets (with the choice for longer ones) in lobbies. It's such a faff having to wait for all the animations to finish before readying up again, etc.

I think I'm finally in the proper swing of things with Sol, after I got into a horrendous losing streak on Floor 8. I was demoted to 7, but then turned it around and got straight wins until I was promoted to floor 9. 8-) 

I absolutely cannot shake the muscle memory for bandit revolver after sweep though!