Guilty Gear -Strive-. Out now!

Kayin Amoh

I think the trouble I have with the Sol corner pressure is I don't really know how to mix it up and keep applying it like I did with the old Sol. He also gets punished now for specials that had really fast recovery before by the looks of it. I can't abuse my cheap tricks anymore :lol:

1 hour ago, Jonster said:

I-No announced as final character for the roster.

Well, I’m glad I won’t be quite as embarrassed when my partner watches me play this game in the series.

Looks rad though. I was kind of hoping for a wilder pick, (give me Raven, my emo prince!) I-no is definitely an iconic GG character and I’m glad she’s in the game. 

Going to be back on tonight I think, server's permitting. This is basically a nailed on purchase when it's out I think. Netcode even in this beta is rock solid. The game feels a little more grounded than previous Guilty Gears, which makes it feel a lot more Street Fighter like, which I can't really put my finger on exactly why. I'm sure the other seasoned fighters on here could explain. But either way, much as I enjoy anime crazyness, with the increased damage it felt like the matches were a lot more tactical which could end up being a lot more satisfying in the long run.

It's also utterly gorgeous to look at in motion.

I think the street fighteryness comes from the limited gatlings in this game. Well, that and the all the muscles added to this version! Basically, it means characters have to poke in a different way than older guilty gears, since you can't just run up and mash lights and still expect a full combo.

I'm just hanging out in the park no. 3 until 3pm, if anyone wants to join. Otherwise I'll be back after 4 sometime and probably most of the evening too!

Most of the evening sounds about right.

Agreed about the characters seeming heavier maybe just because of he muscles :lol:. I really like the new character designs - it feels more UFC than anime with how all the characters (well, the human ones) look like they've been down the gym.

Though also I think the "weight" just has a lot to do with the play area being smaller so everything just feels meatier.

6 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

How do I find out what Park I'm in?

I’ve followed you now so hopefully we can use that function to find each other.

This bloody lobby system though! Love it when your spot gets stolen by a random and you have to go chasing each other round the park as it teleports the battle ready player all over!

6 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Thanks to some close sets versus imp I learned enough to absolutely maul some strangers. Feels good.

Edit: just checked and since I last lost to imp I'm on a 21 win streak ahaha.

Holy crap that’s amazing! Also I assumed you knew that guy that kept rematching!