Guilty Gear -Strive-. Out now!

Kayin Amoh

25 minutes ago, Jonster said:

GGs! Your Ram is really coming on!

Cheers, I’ve been playing nothing but Ram all day. I’m in that rough phase though where you have too much knowledge compared to experience, and trying to do every little situation “correctly” was killing me for hours straight earlier!

Although idk, I could also do with some more knowledge as there are many many situations where I’m just dashing in with no plan!

Coming back on in maybe 20 mins or so!

Jesus Christ this lobby system! It’s awful.

why am I teleporting about, not matching with people. It had my poster as sol a few matches ago, even though I’ve been using ky today.

I’m totally sold on the game, but I’m not sure I want to waste time right now. I’ll try again tomorrow maybe.

42 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Certainly looks great on the PS5 and the loading times are near zero, so its a massive step up. 

Thought about pre-ordering, but then I see it has season passes coming out for it afterwards that are obviously paid-for, so fuck that for now, especially day one.

spacer.png

I doubt there will be a (successful) fighting game released ever again that doesn't have a season pass day one.

It's a shame that it means extra expense for completionists but it's definitely preferable to having to upgrade from a game that's obsolete a year later. Those who wait can often get the game and all its extra content for under £20 as well.

Looks like I've played this beta for 12 hours already, which is wild. Might be longer than I played the copy of GG Xrd Rev2 I bought ahaha. Really looking forward to the full game's release. I'll probably switch from pad to stick for that because the DualSense dpad ain't great. Can't wait to stress about button layout.

I fought about four different Chipp players and they all played him quite differently but they all caught me with jabjabjab in the air pretty often. He's relentless; no ideal how to react to the side-switch offensive.

Same with Leo actually; if you block the cross-through slash, is he punishable? I have no idea what my fastest normal is anyway and I guess some things might change by release.

3 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I doubt there will be a (successful) fighting game released ever again that doesn't have a season pass day one.

It's a shame that it means extra expense for completionists but it's definitely preferable to having to upgrade from a game that's obsolete a year later. Those who wait can often get the game and all its extra content for under £20 as well.

Looks like I've played this beta for 12 hours already, which is wild. Might be longer than I played the copy of GG Xrd Rev2 I bought ahaha. Really looking forward to the full game's release. I'll probably switch from pad to stick for that because the DualSense dpad ain't great. Can't wait to stress about button layout.

I quite like the traditional arcade layout. It’s a bit weird at first since P and K are reversed from SF, but you get used to it:

K S HS

P X D

Since S and HS work like MP and HP in SF, and 6D works like sweep, it’s fairly intuitive, apart from the P&K problem. Mashing 6P is kind of like mashing cr.LK too!

8 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I fought about four different Chipp players and they all played him quite differently but they all caught me with jabjabjab in the air pretty often. He's relentless; no ideal how to react to the side-switch offensive.

Same with Leo actually; if you block the cross-through slash, is he punishable? I have no idea what my fastest normal is anyway and I guess some things might change by release.

Best thing to do against Leo is try and grab him as he passes through. Easier said than done, but doable if you’re watching for it. Plus you’ve already grokked throwing in this game!