X019 | Google Stadia RIP

Mr Do 71

Ta re: Game Pass info. Because if I bought the next Xbox instead of a PS5 I'd have those two remaining years of my sub, else I could get my money's worth from streaming slower-paced games that my PC can't run.

@klargon— I'm using Amazon for pricing at £50 for 12 months. CDKeys the best at £42?

11 minutes ago, Escaped said:

@klargon— I'm using Amazon for pricing at £50 for 12 months. CDKeys the best at £42?

My approach would be 2x Brazil 12 month codes for £60, turn on (and then immediately off) recurring billing after each redemption. That’s 26 months. Get a 6 month code, on/off recurring again. That’s 33 months. Then your £1 will take you to the maximum 3 years. You’ll lose a month, so going for a 3 month code rather than 6 might work better.

Brazil codes need slight VPN faff to redeem, but electronicfirst has a step by step. It’s not painful. Just don’t start your VPN trial until you have the codes.

Up to you whether it’s worth the extra effort, but it means it’s an option to get 3 years of ultimate for around £80.

5 minutes ago, klargon said:

My approach would be 2x Brazil 12 month codes for £60, turn on (and then immediately off) recurring billing after each redemption. That’s 26 months. Get a 6 month code, on/off recurring again. That’s 33 months. Then your £1 will take you to the maximum 3 years. You’ll lose a month, so going for a 3 month code rather than 6 might work better.

Brazil codes need slight VPN faff to redeem, but electronicfirst has a step by step. It’s not painful. Just don’t start your VPN trial until you have the codes.

Thanks mate. I might just go to CDKeys and grab a couple of 12s and a 6. But that's giving up 3 months rather than 1, right? Or overshooting 3 if the Ultimate max is 30?

Has anyone done this recently? I wouldn't like to end up with a load of Gold I'm never gonna use (Lynn). MS link to the conversion? I see they've a $2 offer today, and that's not it.

Some more good news on Game Pass...

We’ve teamed up with some of our favorites to unlock a magical gaming holiday for all our Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. For a limited time, all eligible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get 1 month of EA Access, 3 months of Discord Nitro, and 6 months of Spotify Premium included as part of their member benefits.

That’s not just new Ultimate members, these perks are for all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. Just go to the membership area on your console and grab yours. It’s like a gift, but to yourself! And you don’t have to wrap it!

2 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Thanks mate. I might just go to CDKeys and grab a couple of 12s and a 6. But that's giving up 3 months rather than 1, right? Or overshooting 3 if the Ultimate max is 30?

Has anyone done this recently? I wouldn't like to end up with a load of Gold I'm never gonna use (Lynn). MS link to the conversion? I see they've a $2 offer today, and that's not it.

Every time you redeem a code with recurring billing turned off, it offers you an extra month for turning it on. You can then turn it off immediately and it’ll offer you the same with the next code you redeem.

3 minutes ago, klargon said:

Every time you redeem a code with recurring billing turned off, it offers you an extra month for turning it on. You can then turn it off immediately and it’ll offer you the same with the next code you redeem.

Yeah, but 33 months is a quarter short. I get that I'd waste the extras if I bought three 12s for 39 months.

Electronicfirst looks really easy, actually.

7 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Yeah, but 33 months is a quarter short. I get that I'd waste the extras if I bought three 12s for 39 months.

Electronicfirst looks really easy, actually.

If you bought 2x12 and a 6, it’s 33 months, then you’ve got the 3 months you get for £1, which is what I think the current offer is. That’s your 36, which is the max.

Just to be clear, you can only do this if you’ve never had ultimate in any form before!

7 minutes ago, klargon said:

If you bought 2x12 and a 6, it’s 33 months, then you’ve got the 3 months you get for £1, which is what I think the current offer is. That’s your 36, which is the max

OIC; I didn't realise the upgrade's own 3 months contributed. Doesn't seem to be available any more, though? https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass#join