Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Not had an issue with it at all on Series X.

Actually that's a lie, sometimes it looks like it's running at less than 60 frames but I'm never sure. Could just be me.

I've been playing solo Die Machine in Zombies and the new objective goals make a massive difference to the enjoyability of it for me. Zombies was always fun but trying to figure out what to do was a ball ache. Now I'm trying to figure when's best to get Pack A Punch and upgrade the guns and all that stuff. It's great. Not sure if they did the same with the previous ones (I think they were separate) but tieing the levelling and gun levels into the multiplayer means I can get sights on guns before I take them into TDM instead of failing to hit anything with iron sights.

I wish I enjoyed zombies mode but there too much bullshit and nonsense with the upgrades and daft systems in place and I can't be arsed to learn them all. 

It's why I'm looking forward to that new Left 4 Dead like game. Just give me a few guns and an actual level to shoot shit. 

I'm currently playing the story, it's fun but the writing is a disjointed mess, got no clue what's going on except "Perseus is bad, have to find him" 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Actually that's a lie, sometimes it looks like it's running at less than 60 frames but I'm never sure. Could just be me.

Happens to me about 10% of the time. Drop to dash then go back into the game usually sorts it. Don't need to kill the client or anything.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Not had an issue with it at all on Series X.

I've been playing solo Die Machine in Zombies and the new objective goals make a massive difference to the enjoyability of it for me. Zombies was always fun but trying to figure out what to do was a ball ache. Now I'm trying to figure when's best to get Pack A Punch and upgrade the guns and all that stuff. It's great. Not sure if they did the same with the previous ones (I think they were separate) but tieing the levelling and gun levels into the multiplayer means I can get sights on guns before I take them into TDM instead of failing to hit anything with iron sights.

18 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Happens to me about 10% of the time. Drop to dash then go back into the game usually sorts it. Don't need to kill the client or anything.

Yep, this! Solves it every time. When you see the CoD menu, press the Xbox button on your controller once - this slides the Xbox dash in from the side. Then simply press B to close the dash again and voila... CoD back to 60fps.

Works without fail!!

3 hours ago, ridgeracer said:

I'm playing this on PS5 and I get frame drops every time but only on the outside bit of the Moscow map.

I just don't go outside. 

It's not framerate drops on the series X. It's more that the whole game runs about 25fps. You drop to dash and come back and it's back to 60fps.

I've never had a problem on my Series X. I don't know if it's anything that affected Xbox Live. It could be one of a million things, online connections are fucking interminable with the possibilities of where the problems come from. What does it say exactly?

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've never had a problem on my Series X. I don't know if it's anything that affected Xbox Live. It could be one of a million things, online connections are fucking interminable with the possibilities of where the problems come from. What does it say exactly?

Is keeps coming up ‘Connection Interrupted’ in the middle of the screen with a LAN cable pic.  

Get it nearly every game! 

2 hours ago, IainGamer said:

Yes getting it with Wi-Fi.  I am becoming increasingly concerned that my ps5 is faulty it is happening so often. 

Obvious question: no other devices near the ps5 or router that could be shagging the connection?

Game shit: had to turn the ray tracing off because it stutters when you leave scope. Loltreyarch

11 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Downloaded the 70+ gigs apparently required to play the free Zombies week.

How do I play the PS5 version? Seems to just be the PS4 version as there's no option for 120fps etc.

There was some fuckery abound, I do t have the PS5 version but I found this 

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/black-ops-cold-war-how-to-start-ps5-version/

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Obvious question: no other devices near the ps5 or router that could be shagging the connection?

Game shit: had to turn the ray tracing off because it stutters when you leave scope. Loltreyarch

Ive had RT back on for a while now with no crashes in game, I say in game as it crashed when I was scrolling through the season pass a couple of nights ago.

Nuketown is still the best map, thank god there is the 24/7 Nuketown only mode!

It's not even crashing it's just stuttering every time you go into a scope on a sniper rifle. When I turned it off the only difference I really noticed was the guns weren't as shiny and that's only because I saw it disappear when I toggled it in the menu.

29 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nuketown is still the best map, thank god there is the 24/7 Nuketown only mode!

I only like it in moderation in the rotation, the only map I still don’t like is Satellite, the desert one, used to hate the Armada one on a ship but don’t mind it now, the newer ones Pines Mall and Raid are pretty good I think, my 2 cents on maps

I’m not feeling Pines Mall

i’m really enjoyed the combined arms games, just need more than four maps.

nuketown still rules!

completed the season pass today, first time I’ve done that, the one positive of lockdown!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played this for a number of weeks, other things have taken over. Returned for a couple of matches yesterday. This doesn't feel like the same game I was playing beforehand. Free-For-All isn't fun now.

* Everyone runs around in silence using the stupid fucking "Ninja" perk

* The speed at which players can run and dodge out of the way seems to have increased dramatically. Bullets can't stop them running out of the way.

* The jumping-firing pricks are back, and it seems gunfire right at them won't stop them anymore.

The mechanics of these games ends up so unsatisfying, they are afraid to break the status quo they find themselves in.

And the CoD cycle continues.

I'm still enjoying it to a degree but the sbmm is very, very strange. I'm routinely bottom of the table now because everyone else on my team is some kind of savant at this game. The top scorers get like 7-10k and I'm pootling along  there with 2.5k if I'm lucky. I've no idea how often the matchmaking refreshes itself. I know it's not much fun at the moment. For all it's faults it was never like this in MW.

And yeah Ninja is busted to shit. Dead Silence as a activated timed skill made much more sense. I use Ninja because you'd be a fucking idiot not to. The card that lets you take 6 perks is ridiculous.

As for the bumper jumpers they keep doing it but it only works out for them a small percentage of the time. It's not the bent tactic it used to be in earlier games. Tbh they should take jump out and make the A/X button a contextual mantle.

Oh and the spawning is still fucking weird.

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

And yeah Ninja is busted to shit. Dead Silence as a activated timed skill made much more sense. I use Ninja because you'd be a fucking idiot not to. The card that lets you take 6 perks is ridiculous.

I wondered what the fuck was going there! Is the 6 perks thing exclusive to Battlepass then?

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

I wondered what the fuck was going there! Is the 6 perks thing exclusive to Battlepass then?

No it's one of the card things, Perk Greed it's called I think. You unlock it in the normal course of things, it's just the other ones are rendered redundant by it.

I didn’t realise ninja perk made you silent, I thought it was just reduced noise but I just read up on it and getting contradictory information, I hear enemies all the time when I play so a good few people either aren’t using it or it’s not silent 

1 hour ago, JamesTW said:

I didn’t realise ninja perk made you silent, I thought it was just reduced noise but I just read up on it and getting contradictory information, I hear enemies all the time when I play so a good few people either aren’t using it or it’s not silent 

I dunno if they nerfed it. When I played a week ago it was absolutely silent because I got finished by a couple of people and there's absolutely no way they could have snuck up on me otherwise. The footsteps in this game are loud as fuck.