Half-Life: Alyx

14 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Out of interest what processor and RAM have you got? I have heard you can play this on low to medium settings with a GTX 1650 which I have but not purchased it yet to try.

I have an i7 4790k so I would be interested to know if there is a chance of running it with my Quest 2. 

i5 7600k

16gb ram not sure speed etc

if you’ve got decent wireless router etc I think wireless is possible Via virtual desktop

53 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Thanks might give it a go and see what happens. I have a oculus cable so assume that is always going to be better than virtual desktop? 

I think it’s very close, some reviews saying VD better !

no wires is a bonus also

but wired is fine, stable.

it is mind blowing though, unbelievable. 

I played it entirely via VD and it was fine, streaming it from my PC upstairs to my living room downstairs, where there was more space. Being able to play it wirelessly with lots of room trumps any momentary dips in quality you might get from streaming over a wired connection.