rllmuk
mansizerooster

Resident Evil 3 remake (no spoilers please!)

B campaign was fine... Mr X was quicker, you could get entry to areas you couldn't before, some specific Leon/Claire areas too.

I thought it was lame that you had to fight the same bosses again. Like it totally ignores what Leon did (and vice versa).

Should have handled the B mode better but i don't have as much as a problem with it as others did.

Played the demo again last night and it's awesome.

Still waiting for the full version to arrive. 

19 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

B campaign was fine... Mr X was quicker, you could get entry to areas you couldn't before, some specific Leon/Claire areas too.

I thought it was lame that you had to fight the same bosses again. Like it totally ignores what Leon did (and vice versa).

Should have handled the B mode better but i don't have as much as a problem with it as others did.

I think it's a better way of experiencing the other character than playing their A campaign, because then you literally would be doing the exact same puzzles again.

The alternative could have been ditching the B campaigns and making the two A campaigns more radically different, but I'm sure Capcom knew the majority of players weren't going to bother playing it twice regardless.

I noticed there’s an update on the Xbox demo. Any word on whether they’ve patched it to run at a lower frame-rate but 60fps?

Its taking a while to download for me 

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

I think it's a better way of experiencing the other character than playing their A campaign, because then you literally would be doing the exact same puzzles again.

The alternative could have been ditching the B campaigns and making the two A campaigns more radically different, but I'm sure Capcom knew the majority of players weren't going to bother playing it twice regardless.

So why did people do it in the 90’s?

Fanboys and their game companies. Speaking of which, I paid £230 for RE2make and I am more than happy with the tat I received for that, just to illustrate how invested I was in the original. Doesn’t mean I can’t criticise glaring faults with the game itself.

But sure, I’ll finish of Scenario B as a priority.

Just replayed the Xbox demo on my X after the patch. It did seem smoother to me. 

15 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

So why did people do it in the 90’s?

Fanboys and their game companies. I paid £230 for RE2make and I am more than happy with the tat I received for that. It doesn’t mean I can’t criticise glaring faults with the game itself.

But sure, I’ll finish of Scenario B as a priority.

Proportionally, I'm sure barely anyone finished it twice in 90s too. A large amount of players probably never even finished it once. Put it this way, Capcom never bothered with split campaigns again.

Not sure who the 'fanboy' is supposed to be in this case, if you're insinuating it's me whilst admitting you paid £230 for the same game then you're being ridiculous. But you might be referring to yourself, can't tell.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Proportionally, I'm sure barely anyone finished it twice in 90s too. A large amount of players probably never even finished it once. Put it this way, Capcom never bothered with split campaigns again.

Not sure who the 'fanboy' is supposed to be in this case, if you're insinuating it's me whilst admitting you paid £230 for the same game then you're being ridiculous. But you might be referring to yourself, can't tell.

Not even sure I know tbh. Not insinuating anything against you, but I’m a purist, the helicopter crash was a highlight of the original. You saw the aftermath with no context. Then B scenario provided the context. In RE2make that is discarded and rushed over. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah there were definitely a few unusual decisions made in RE2make (changing the iconic run through the streets and alleys at the start and when you meet the gunshop owner was the one that stuck out to me), but I assume they were mostly made for budgetary reasons. I never got the impression Capcom invested anywhere near as much money in it as they did in 4, 5 and 6.

If having a lower budget was the trade off they needed to go back to basics as a survival horror game though, then I'm all for it. Same with RE7.

Anyone played this resistance beta? its not too bad, could get a bit samey unless it has loads of maps.

Seems to take an age to find a group though =/

I wasn’t going to get this with the price, reviews and initial impressions but having gone back to the demo with it being updated, it seems to perform better and I’ve got the dodge timing down. They’ve changed the safe code too, not sure if anything else is different.

Ill pick it up if I can find it for a good price.

I played the patched Xbox version last night and it was still around 45fps - a proper judder fest. I don't think they've improved performance at all. The PS4 version was patched too but that already performed far better. The patch is supposedly just bug fixes.

• Empathy 1

So after receiving an email from eBay on Friday telling me that my order had been dispatched from TheGameCollection warehouse I e just had an email from TheGameCollection to tell me that...

Well...

My order has been dispatched today.

So which is it? The fact it hasn't arrived yet makes me think the eBay email was a bit of a fib.

Sellers can mark something as dispatched on eBay without having to have done anything, within seconds of it appearing in their sales.

@womblingfree Video has sold me and reminded me of how much I loved RE2 last year (that and Tetris99 for joint GOTY for me) and I'm fine with action / RE4 style Resident Evil and to make matters easier I never played the original :D

Edit : also so few reviewers mention how games are entertaining these days!

• Upvote 1

Digital Foundry have gone over all the versions released now. Overall a jump in graphics and detail from Resi 2. One X has the best resolution and depth of field, but it still comes at the expense of frame rate. PS4 Pro is the console to play it on right now if you can, a steady 60fps with minor dips.

Interestingly, unlike some of the other reviews, they point out that the developers haven’t simply left out chunks of the old game, but the game features very few rooms from the original at all, a handful, because unlike 2 it’s basically a reimagining rather than a remake. Original elements are gone, because mostly new original bits are there.

Shorter than 2 but a solid fun action game.

• Upvote 3

Great, now I feel like every moment that passes today is a moment that I should have been playing RE3. :P

Mine was only despatched on Tuesday so odds are it'll get here tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Count yourself lucky - I'm unable to work for the foreseeable future, and as a result have no income either. Worrying times.

• Empathy 4

Anyone else super annoyed with the 3 UI slots this is taking up? On top of Resi 3 and Resistance being separate apps, there's a third installer app that shows up each time you put the disc in.

• Empathy 2

33 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Anyone else super annoyed with the 3 UI slots this is taking up? On top of Resi 3 and Resistance being separate apps, there's a third installer app that shows up each time you put the disc in.

Create folder and stick unused/unwanted apps in that.

• Upvote 1

Count yourself lucky, if it arrived today you'd have finished it by tomorrow! Graphically this looks amazing

• Upvote 1