rllmuk
mansizerooster

Resident Evil 3 remake (no spoilers please!)

18 minutes ago, df0 said:

Wasn't 0 a bit naff? The whole character swapping and shared inventory malarky felt clunky and dragged the pace down.

The one particular enemy design was neat though.

Zero is was great!

• Upvote 1

I'd love the whole series remade like RE2.  So that's 0, 1 and CV. I think that's probably the plan as I think RE2 has done well.

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

So after this the only Resi game that won’t have had a Resi 4 makeover will be the first one.

Resi re-remake incoming for 2021.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

And Zero.

And Code: Veronica.

And 7.

Redo 5 and 6 whilst you're at it.

YAAAAY! I am literally excited about this. 

Edit - clearly Code Veronica is most deserving of a remake now. Capcom, make it so!

I'm looking forward to this but would prefer they do Dino Crisis next, they could go really crazy with it and make something truly special over the rather bland looking original.

• Upvote 5

A new achievement has been added to RE2 Remake relating to Jill Valentine. Has anyone found it yet ? 

Gameplay here.

Looking at this it looks as if they’ve implemented the dodge mechanism that was tried out in the original 3.

Is it just me or is this Jill Valentine looking remarkably like Milla Jovovich? Same haircut at the very least.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

I'm looking forward to this but would prefer they do Dino Crisis next, they could go really crazy with it and make something truly special over the rather bland looking original.

Whoever negged you for advocating a new Dino Crisis deserves to be plonked in Raccoon City when all this goes down.

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Whoever negged you for advocating a new Dino Crisis deserves to be plonked in Raccoon City when all this goes down.

@Rubber_Johnny been negging any remake suggestions. A bit weird 

Yeah, I don't get everyone wanting everything they've ever played to be remade. Too much cynical pandering for miserable old gits in this industry already.

Not helped by playing the Remake of 2 at the moment and thinking it's a step back from RE7 in a number of ways. More of that doesn't entice.

Resident Evil 2 remake was different enough to the original, bar the scenario and plot, to justify its own existence.

It was also, basically, game of the year. It’s not like it was a mere tarted up HD remake. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Not sure what bit of my argument that's supposed to counter.

The part about cynically pandering to old gits. These games have been lapped up by a new audience.

The hope is they are moving in both directions. This is probably my favourite series of games and it's exciting to see them tarted up and re-imagined with new technology but after what I thought was a pretty messy lowpoint for RE6 they came back with RE7 and it was magnificently new and interesting whilst retaining the feel of the classic Resi's so it would be a shame for that strain to not continue.

7 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

New games would be lapped up by a new audience. Remaking stuff is unnecessary at best for that goal.

Thankfully, Capcom think otherwise and it looks like they are on course to give the RE2 remake treatment to other RE games I can actually see Dino Crisis getting the same treatment soon.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

:lol: Is he the militantly anti-nostalgia guy?

Not as much as he used to be!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Yeah, I don't get everyone wanting everything they've ever played to be remade. Too much cynical pandering for miserable old gits in this industry already.

Oh the irony. 

• Upvote 2

Nemesis looking great. But even though I liked Mr X in Resi 2, I hope they come up with a different way of implementing this.

2 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Nemesis looking great. But even though I liked Mr X in Resi 2, I hope they come up with a different way of implementing this.

I'd rather they'd saved the AI for Nemesis, and given us a more faithful RE2make.

My salty fanboy tears spring eternal. I will never forget the real Scenario B.

What’s that thing at the very end though?

Much excited!