rllmuk
tenrou

Is eBay the best place to sell on retro games console?

I'm looking to move of my SNES, N64 and psp go.  My boy's at the point where he wants to get into everything and the money would be handy so I'm thinking now's a good time to sell the things I'm not really using.

What are fees like now on eBay as I haven't used it for years?  I've tried to avoid it as much as possible.

More activity on places like Facebook marketplace than Ebay I find. 

Nowadays Ebay seems to be more for buying new cheap tat drop shipped from China for less than Amazon if you don't mind waiting.

I find eBay is still good for retro gaming, there's often £1 listing offers, although you could always try the trading folder here first. 

Although yes, there's definitely an influx of cheap Chinese products - even things like repro carts are now quite prominent, but I do think eBay are trying to move away from second hand sales and into a cheaper competitor to Amazon.

I'm happy to sell to forumites, it's more trying to sell a 29 games SNES bundle tbh isn't likely to appeal to many on here as most people only want a few items here or there.  It's a convenience trade off :)

You could try the facebook retro game groups. Just search snes, nintendo etc retro selling and you'll get a few. Lots of people on those looking to start a collection or add to one.

52 minutes ago, tenrou said:

I'm happy to sell to forumites, it's more trying to sell a 29 games SNES bundle tbh isn't likely to appeal to many on here as most people only want a few items here or there.  It's a convenience trade off :)

Im actually looking for a SNES currently. 

If you wish, send me some details in a pm. 

49 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Is a PSP GO any use these days?

Yes if its hacked. Nice little system to have tucked in your pocket, always have mine sat on a shelf.

• Upvote 1

I tried the psp Vs the new 3ds and I preferred the new 3ds as a handheld retro and game system.  I think the library is better on the 3ds.

Not that the psp isn't also a nice system but I have my preference and hence why the go isn't getting used.

Sorry also meant to say the N64 is standard black pal with grey controller.  Has a 4mb ram expansion and official memory card.  Box and system and in great condition.  I was using an everdrive for game but it looks like it's sold now.  

22 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Yes if its hacked. Nice little system to have tucked in your pocket, always have mine sat on a shelf.

That's like keeping the remote on top of the telly.

If selling a console be careful with postage costs. Or at least don’t underestimate them. I sold my N64 on eBay and it ended up weighing just over 2kg (I was 10 grams over the limit) and it ended up costing me over £15 just to post.

On 28/11/2019 at 11:43, tenrou said:

Drop me a list and prices, I'm one of those annoying resellers, so if there's meat on the bone ( as it were ) for me to make some on top, I'd gladly take the lot :)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dudley said:

He's an annoying reseller but he's OUR annoying reseller.

Who's loosing money hand over fist to try and shift hundreds of Crash Bandicoot's :-(

Win some you lose some I guess :-p 

• Empathy 1

12 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Who's loosing money hand over fist to try and shift hundreds of Crash Bandicoot's :-(

Win some you lose some I guess :-p 

How much for a ps1 crash bandicoot if you're selling that mike? 

On 28/11/2019 at 11:04, tenrou said:

I'm looking to move of my SNES, N64 and psp go.  My boy's at the point where he wants to get into everything and the money would be handy so I'm thinking now's a good time to sell the things I'm not really using.

What are fees like now on eBay as I haven't used it for years?  I've tried to avoid it as much as possible.

If you're in essex I know the retro hunter will give you a good price 

4 hours ago, jdanddiet said:

How much for a ps1 crash bandicoot if you're selling that mike? 

£17 is what I'm seeing on Amazon after fee's, so you're welcome to one for that Delivered, the sodding things cost me £20 :-(