rllmuk
mdn2

Your Black Friday Gaming Pickups

Tempted by that £199 ps4 pack on amazon uk.  Don't need a pro as only got a 32" tv.  Thing is I've got a switch and a half decent pc that I hardly game on now so what I keep telling myself is the point.  May get NSMB on the eshop sale, but that will probably be about it.

30 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Tempted by that £199 ps4 pack on amazon uk.  Don't need a pro as only got a 32" tv.  Thing is I've got a switch and a half decent pc that I hardly game on now so what I keep telling myself is the point.  May get NSMB on the eshop sale, but that will probably be about it.

What's your PC monitor like? I'd get a PS4 slim for the exclusives and hook it up to that if the 32" TV you have isn't much cop. Even if you just play TLoU Remastered, Bloodborne, God of War and The Last Guardian on it, that's four of the games of the generation right there, not to mention Uncharted 4, Horizon, Journey, Tetris Effect, Shadow of the Colossus and all the others.

• Upvote 3

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright 3DS £12.30

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest 3DS £13.99

Picked these up after enjoying Fire Emblem Three House's on the Switch which was my first FE game. Now I just need to find a bargain 2DS XL as I have nothing to play them on :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, merrychan said:

I've got the LG C9 55 and have to say it's amazing for TV and games, super impressed so you're in for a treat with the 65!

I'm changing from a Sony AF9, already a very nice OLED. Reckon the AF9 is a bit better for movies due to the market-leading motion handling that Sony delivers, but overall I prefer the LG for its HDMI 2.1 prowess, given that I also do a lot of PC gaming.

6 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What's your PC monitor like? I'd get a PS4 slim for the exclusives and hook it up to that if the 32" TV you have isn't much cop. Even if you just play TLoU Remastered, Bloodborne, God of War and The Last Guardian on it, that's four of the games of the generation right there, not to mention Uncharted 4, Horizon, Journey, Tetris Effect, Shadow of the Colossus and all the others.

Dell something or other.  No hdmi inputs.   Tv's a 32" sony of about 9 years old (don't think it's 1080p even!).

16 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

GAME have got Yakuza Kiwami 2 for £15.99.

Uhm-ing and ah-ing as to whether I should or not.

Would you buy three pints in the pub / a meal in a restaurant?

I went for an Xbox One X the Star Wars Edition for £300 from Game.

We been looking to get a Blu-ray player for the lounge so it was a nice excuse, Game Pass and the backwards compatibility of the Xbox pushed it over getting a PS4 for me.

Enjoying the Xbox experience so far even though Star Wars is hard as nails.

• Upvote 2

I’ve bought a fair bit.

Physical:

Concrete Genie (PS4) - €20

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4) - €15

Persona 3: Dancing All Night (PS4) - €17

Digital:

Katamari Damacy (Switch) - £8

Need for Speed Heat (Xbox One) - £30

eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 (Xbox One) - £22.50

50 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

You should! 

365Games had it for £16.99 so bought it from them instead.

Game charging for delivery now - when did that happen?

6 hours ago, Triple A said:

I'm changing from a Sony AF9, already a very nice OLED. Reckon the AF9 is a bit better for movies due to the market-leading motion handling that Sony delivers, but overall I prefer the LG for its HDMI 2.1 prowess, given that I also do a lot of PC gaming.

Yeah I've left Truemotion as default for the Dolby Atmos and TV HDR, I think it's Clear as opposed to Smooth (soap opera effect), everything else is on Game mode which seems to work really well

• Upvote 1

Days Gone for £22. Not started it yet, as got sidetracked by Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. And now I’m itching to go back and play Uncharted 4. But will stick Days Gone next on as been keen to play it for a while.

With Titanfall 2 on PS+ next week won’t buy anything else until the Christmas sales, when I hope Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and COD: MW will be around £30 apiece.

42 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

365Games had it for £16.99 so bought it from them instead.

Game charging for delivery now - when did that happen?

For orders below £20 a while I think. If you have a shop near where you live/work then you can get it delivered there free of charge.

• Upvote 1

Got my PS Plus annual sub from Shopto for £31. As much as I complain about the monthly games there's usually something decent every so often. It's not worth £50 since they changed from including indie titles though.

Thumper (Switch) - £3.99. Seemed rude not to.

Physical 

Yooka Laylee Invisible Lair -  Xbone £13.99

Moss - PSVR £13.99

Rage 2 & Anthem (Anthem getting traded) -Xbone £9.99

Digital

Contra Anniversary- Switch £7.99

Chariot - Switch 89p

Megaman X Legacy Collection- Switch £7.99