rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Calashnikov

The Touryst

There’s obviously been talk in the eShop megathread because where else ever why?... but thought I’d start a thread in order to post big DF John ‘The Legend’ Linneman’s video here:

I’m not pure dying to play it or anything, but I can definitely see me getting round to it soon. Love me a puzzle platformer explore em up.

Anyone tried it?

• Upvote 8

I got it on day of release, purely based on the trailer as I couldn’t see any reviews at the time. Visually it looked amazing, especially with the fake HDR mode on my TV.  It wasn’t really what i was expecting though. I hardly played it but it was already showing I was at over 60% total completion and I’m sure I didn’t play much more than 2 hours.

17 minutes ago, pledge said:

I got it on day of release, purely based on the trailer as I couldn’t see any reviews at the time. Visually it looked amazing, especially with the fake HDR mode on my TV.  It wasn’t really what i was expecting though. I hardly played it but it was already showing I was at over 60% total completion and I’m sure I didn’t play much more than 2 hours.

Apparently it's about 6 hours long. Shin'en seem to be absolute masters from the technical side of things. The game is 231MB is size!

14 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

There’s obviously been talk in the eShop megathread because where else ever why?... but thought I’d start a thread in order to post big DF John ‘The Legend’ Linneman’s video here:

I’m not pure dying to play it or anything, but I can definitely see me getting round to it soon. Love me a puzzle platformer explore em up.

Anyone tried it?

He’s obviously never played Bomb Jack....

• Upvote 4

Is there likely to be another sale on the eShop before Christmas?

This game looks wonderful, isn’t drowned to death in blur and manages to run at a rock solid 60fps. 

Maybe Nintendo should ask them to have a look at Link’s Awakening. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

I watched that video yesterday, love a good John Linneman review, and it’s gone from ‘looks like a generic Minecraft clone, why would I be interested in that?’ to ‘John Linneman says it’s good? I must own it!’.

As nice as Fast RMX looked (as a launch game for Switch no less) I didn’t really gel with it - it relied too much on the kind of razor-sharp twitch reactions I don’t have; in short it was too fast! This looks like it goes entirely in the opposite direction. I like slow, contemplative games but the question is, is it too slow?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

There’s a sale on right now.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

2 hours ago, deKay said:

There’s a sale on right now.

Duh-duh-duh-duh-deeeeeeKAYED!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Popo said:

‘John Linneman says it’s good? I must own it!’.

Such an absolute, actual thing that anycunt on Rllmuk would benefit from living their lives accordingly to :hat:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, alex3d said:

It's very charming, but also very shallow. Six hours playtime? Doubt it. I think I finished it in around 4h.

For most people it'll be 6 hours or so to 100% it. Took me around that time, but I enjoyed just having a wander about the place. The Fez comparisons are both accurate and slightly misleading - it has a similar atmosphere, that sense of a sunny, happy place with mysterious secrets beneath the surface, but it's ultimately fairly lightweight stuff. Worth a shot, I'd say, though the suggestions that it's a genuine 'Switch GOTY contender' are a bit much. Then again, people went similarly overboard about FAST Racing. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

How good would it be for an 8 year old? I read the puzzles weren't too complicated.

Yeah, fine. There's one really fiddly bit that feels out of place, but otherwise it's pretty easy. 

This is very good, I was going to wait until a sale but a YouTube video had me wanting to play it. From the talk of the length I'll take my time as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

God no. Life’s too short and there are way too many long games already. Give me a good 4-8 hour game that is all killer.

I'd largely go along with that, but if Fez 2 came along I'd be dropping everything bar my Noita runs. Hours bedamned.