Jump to content

Let us buy the thing you make.


dumpster
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Bulbous ones please (anything 400ml plus I guess). 

Ok! So, I have two pairs that fit that bill. The darker ones are mad of reclaimed clay (mixed clays of white, buffs and black) that give it a sort of brown bread look and also the standard stoneware ones that have quite a golden look to the raw clay. All of them are a good size.

9F1876A2-DE91-4E13-905A-D97E708927A3.jpeg

70B39C2F-5207-43E3-9460-D021CE5964C7.jpeg

1E7C835C-15D9-41B2-A32E-3D850C977F57.jpeg

C8409982-62DF-4205-946F-278C7B245722.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 11:45, beakbeak said:

Ok! So, I have two pairs that fit that bill. The darker ones are mad of reclaimed clay (mixed clays of white, buffs and black) that give it a sort of brown bread look and also the standard stoneware ones that have quite a golden look to the raw clay. All of them are a good size.

9F1876A2-DE91-4E13-905A-D97E708927A3.jpeg

70B39C2F-5207-43E3-9460-D021CE5964C7.jpeg

1E7C835C-15D9-41B2-A32E-3D850C977F57.jpeg

C8409982-62DF-4205-946F-278C7B245722.jpeg

Sorry, the return to work meant I forgot all about this. I’ll take the 3rd and 4th if still available? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone in two minds about buying @beakbeak’s mugs, do it. 
 

Really well packaged, far better in the flesh and my wife was made up with them. He even kindly sent a little dipping bowl, which will be great when we have gyoza. 
 

We’ve just had our first brews out of them and my wife has asked for another one with some pink on it...looks like a repeat order is on the cards.
 

 

D6B9944D-03BC-464D-8DEB-7C1F6DF6B75F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I ordered a few of those little bowls and I love them. 

I'd quite like some pasta bowls in the same style.

Glad they arrived ok. I forgot to send you your tracking number.

 

can certainly make you some pasta bowls if you decide you’re in the market for some. You’ll have to send me a pic of the bowls I sent you so I know which glazes you like and what size/shape you’re after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/05/2021 at 17:24, Stopharage said:

Anyone in two minds about buying @beakbeak’s mugs, do it. 
 

Really well packaged, far better in the flesh and my wife was made up with them. He even kindly sent a little dipping bowl, which will be great when we have gyoza. 
 

We’ve just had our first brews out of them and my wife has asked for another one with some pink on it...looks like a repeat order is on the cards.
 

 

D6B9944D-03BC-464D-8DEB-7C1F6DF6B75F.jpeg

Very kind words! Thanks dude. I’m made up that you like them. I’ll get some white clay as it’s the only way of getting pink to look good on stoneware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2021 at 12:46, Adrock said:

My wife is an absolute fucking arsehole. Broke one of my mugs, not happy at all.

 

@beakbeak can you update me with what you have left? Pink sounds interesting too.

Oh no! Where did it break? Hopefully it was an accident and not a malicious act! 
 

I’ll put some pics up now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beakbeak said:

Oh no! Where did it break? Hopefully it was an accident and not a malicious act! 
 

I’ll put some pics up now 

 

It broke on the handle. She balanced it, stupidly, to let it dry and it slipped back into the sink. Top image, bottom mug, can I have a couple more pictures?

 

Any ETA on the white clay? Intrigued to see how that would come out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Adrock said:

 

It broke on the handle. She balanced it, stupidly, to let it dry and it slipped back into the sink. Top image, bottom mug, can I have a couple more pictures?

 

Any ETA on the white clay? Intrigued to see how that would come out.

Ah, that’s a massive shame. I’ll pm you some pics of the mug with the seaweed-like drips inside. 
 

I need to pop into the shop and pick some white clay up next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 11/04/2022 at 12:32, matt0 said:

I made a little browser arcade game called From Skies Beyond - it's playable on mobile with touch screen controls too. It's Defender meets Dropzone meets Rampage meets EDF.

 

It's free, so you can't actually buy it, but there's an option to donate if you feel inclined, although I'd be very happy just to have a few more people play it.

 

n7XA1H.gif

 

I'm doing a Boulderdash / Repton thing next and then possibly an Ultima 1 meets Dragon Quest thing after that.


This looks great!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CS2x said:


This looks great!!

 

Thanks! I've got vague plans to expand it in to a full game, but if it ever happens that's way off in the future...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 18/04/2021 at 11:45, beakbeak said:

Ok! So, I have two pairs that fit that bill. The darker ones are mad of reclaimed clay (mixed clays of white, buffs and black) that give it a sort of brown bread look and also the standard stoneware ones that have quite a golden look to the raw clay. All of them are a good size.

9F1876A2-DE91-4E13-905A-D97E708927A3.jpeg

70B39C2F-5207-43E3-9460-D021CE5964C7.jpeg

1E7C835C-15D9-41B2-A32E-3D850C977F57.jpeg

C8409982-62DF-4205-946F-278C7B245722.jpeg

 

Hi @beakbeak do you still have any in this sort of colour for sale? I love them, they remind me a lot of the shoreline down here in Folkestone

 

20220603_082141.thumb.jpg.c532b49cf04527f8eec6a31d42bec903.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PK said:

 

Hi @beakbeak do you still have any in this sort of colour for sale? I love them, they remind me a lot of the shoreline down here in Folkestone

 

20220603_082141.thumb.jpg.c532b49cf04527f8eec6a31d42bec903.jpg

I’m not sure if I have any but I could make some. Give me a month! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've released the first episode of my science fiction, 'FESA'.

 

 

 

I am working on the remaining episodes, to launch over the summer.  Any support at https://ko-fi.com/fesa would be hugely appreciated, or if anyone can share/like the clip.  Thank you :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2022 at 22:21, Stopharage said:

I'm still well up for some mugs for the collection Luke. Drinking out of the one I haven't yet smashed is a daily pleasure ritual. 

I’ve just turned these today. Reclaimed clay. Hopefully they’ll look good when fired 

99044586-B10A-48AF-97EC-E55CB1B7E8CC.jpeg

CD7E4174-44B5-42AA-A4EC-0E4C8B3033FD.jpeg

7D8C93E7-E9E1-4A81-A301-D96C9FBC7FAD.jpeg

92D84D1F-59E2-4BD0-8DF7-6E3B3DF17BA0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/10/2022 at 11:35, fatbob said:

Just got a couple of lovely cups and a wee bowl through from Luke, Love 'em! 🥰

 

IMG_8426.thumb.jpg.3ff71a2b2857f558a5450fea9ac41c37.jpgIMG_8427.thumb.jpg.7074fb7f6d2eb3ec53b60f0941d294f8.jpg

 

 

I absolutely love seeing my things being used! It makes me incredibly happy. Thanks for posting that Chris. @Stopharage I glazed some mugs last night. A few tall spherical shaped ones in translucent turquoise and Matt white and some entirely turquoise ones with straight sides. I’ll post pics when they’ve been fired (hopefully next week)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.