Let us buy the thing you make.

7 hours ago, Stopharage said:

@beakbeak - sorry to be a pain, which mugs do you have left in this size/style? I like this type of colour scheme or the blue ones, but will need to get final approval from Mrs Stoph as to which to go for. Definitely want 2 though. 

no probs! Let me have a look tomorrow. Do you like the more bulbous ones or the straight tall ones? They both hold the same amount (the bulbous ones tend to hold a little more actually) if that’s a factor for you. 

18 hours ago, beakbeak said:

no probs! Let me have a look tomorrow. Do you like the more bulbous ones or the straight tall ones? They both hold the same amount (the bulbous ones tend to hold a little more actually) if that’s a factor for you. 

Bulbous ones please (anything 400ml plus I guess). 

20 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Bulbous ones please (anything 400ml plus I guess). 

Ok! So, I have two pairs that fit that bill. The darker ones are mad of reclaimed clay (mixed clays of white, buffs and black) that give it a sort of brown bread look and also the standard stoneware ones that have quite a golden look to the raw clay. All of them are a good size.

9F1876A2-DE91-4E13-905A-D97E708927A3.jpeg

70B39C2F-5207-43E3-9460-D021CE5964C7.jpeg

1E7C835C-15D9-41B2-A32E-3D850C977F57.jpeg

C8409982-62DF-4205-946F-278C7B245722.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 11:45, beakbeak said:

Ok! So, I have two pairs that fit that bill. The darker ones are mad of reclaimed clay (mixed clays of white, buffs and black) that give it a sort of brown bread look and also the standard stoneware ones that have quite a golden look to the raw clay. All of them are a good size.

9F1876A2-DE91-4E13-905A-D97E708927A3.jpeg

70B39C2F-5207-43E3-9460-D021CE5964C7.jpeg

1E7C835C-15D9-41B2-A32E-3D850C977F57.jpeg

C8409982-62DF-4205-946F-278C7B245722.jpeg

Sorry, the return to work meant I forgot all about this. I’ll take the 3rd and 4th if still available? 

Anyone in two minds about buying @beakbeak’s mugs, do it. 

Really well packaged, far better in the flesh and my wife was made up with them. He even kindly sent a little dipping bowl, which will be great when we have gyoza. 

We’ve just had our first brews out of them and my wife has asked for another one with some pink on it...looks like a repeat order is on the cards.

D6B9944D-03BC-464D-8DEB-7C1F6DF6B75F.jpeg

I ordered a few of those little bowls and I love them. 

I'd quite like some pasta bowls in the same style.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I ordered a few of those little bowls and I love them. 

I'd quite like some pasta bowls in the same style.

Glad they arrived ok. I forgot to send you your tracking number.

can certainly make you some pasta bowls if you decide you’re in the market for some. You’ll have to send me a pic of the bowls I sent you so I know which glazes you like and what size/shape you’re after.

On 01/05/2021 at 17:24, Stopharage said:

Anyone in two minds about buying @beakbeak’s mugs, do it. 

Really well packaged, far better in the flesh and my wife was made up with them. He even kindly sent a little dipping bowl, which will be great when we have gyoza. 

We’ve just had our first brews out of them and my wife has asked for another one with some pink on it...looks like a repeat order is on the cards.

D6B9944D-03BC-464D-8DEB-7C1F6DF6B75F.jpeg

Very kind words! Thanks dude. I’m made up that you like them. I’ll get some white clay as it’s the only way of getting pink to look good on stoneware.

On 05/05/2021 at 12:46, Adrock said:

My wife is an absolute fucking arsehole. Broke one of my mugs, not happy at all.

@beakbeak can you update me with what you have left? Pink sounds interesting too.

Oh no! Where did it break? Hopefully it was an accident and not a malicious act! 

I’ll put some pics up now 

4 hours ago, beakbeak said:

Oh no! Where did it break? Hopefully it was an accident and not a malicious act! 

I’ll put some pics up now 

It broke on the handle. She balanced it, stupidly, to let it dry and it slipped back into the sink. Top image, bottom mug, can I have a couple more pictures?

Any ETA on the white clay? Intrigued to see how that would come out.

21 minutes ago, Adrock said:

It broke on the handle. She balanced it, stupidly, to let it dry and it slipped back into the sink. Top image, bottom mug, can I have a couple more pictures?

Any ETA on the white clay? Intrigued to see how that would come out.

Ah, that’s a massive shame. I’ll pm you some pics of the mug with the seaweed-like drips inside. 

I need to pop into the shop and pick some white clay up next week.