IGNORED

Gamers are more intelligent than the plebs

Luck

We, being s.m.a.t, already knew this of course but the proof is out there:

If you're good at games, you might also be good at everything else.

That's according to a new study that found two of the world's most popular video games act like IQ tests. Those who are the best at them also get the highest scores on traditional intelligence tests, suggesting that video games might actually make you smarter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/video-games-computer-intelligence-iq-test-league-legends-dota-2-defence-ancients-a8057176.html

Gamers perform 10 to 20 percent higher in terms of perceptual and cognitive abilities compared to non-gamers according to the research. Furthermore, the research revealed gamers have longer attention spans and larger field of vision than normal people.

https://www.versiondaily.com/science-gamers-are-better-and-smarter-than-non-gamers/

For our study, the experienced players conducted standard paper-and-pencil intelligence tests. The results showed that those with higher IQ test scores tended to perform better at the game.

http://theconversation.com/why-video-games-could-be-the-new-iq-tests-87625

Not to mention the rest of the benefits like increased reaction time, offsetting neuro degradation due to ageing, better focus, more concentration, ease of multitasking etc..

Dang it feels good to be a gamer! And now a little bit of philosophy to herald my return:

damn-it-feels-good-to-be-a-gamer-22.jpg*

*'Im sure you're smart enough to read between the lines

It probably depends on what games you're playing. PC games for example command a more intellectual audience so if you take a look at the comments section on PC Gamer then...

...oh.

...oh my fucking God...

Never mind.

Did we work out who Luck was an alt of?

Edit: and are you spelling out 'smart' there? Because there's a glaring irony if you are...

3 hours ago, Luck said:

We, being s.m.a.t, already knew this of course but the proof is out there:

Oh def, and I barely know who he is - I lolled heartily. But he's at the top of his industry, and iirc he worked 14+ hours for years and streaming seems like a psychological horror show, and requires DJ level talent to be at all engaging/able to talk and present for so long. A quick google suggests minimum 12 hours just for the streaming, never mind all the business work required to keep such a huge enterprise running. I respect that you can change a lightbulb and fit a skirting board, but, you know. Some of these dudes have been in a relentless bubble since they were young.