rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sarlaccfood

Christmas Gaming 2019

21 hours ago, Droo said:

Not a soul is cracking out Christmas Nights then... 

its been in my saturn all month me and the missus been trying to beat each others scores

• Upvote 6

I had it all mapped out in my earlier post, with bouts of Monster Hunter World interspersed, but some suspicious, exciting Switchgame-proportioned packages are under the tree. 

• Upvote 2

I had been planning to finish the Shadow of the Colossus remake, but ended up doing it yesterday.

Bought, started and finished Flower (first time I’ve played it) this evening once my boy was in bed and my wife was “pampering”. 

As such my plans are now a bit open... I have Abzu there too which is family friendly so may start that (possibly more so than Hellblade!)

Wish I’d bought that Switch to be honest, maybe in the sales.

• Upvote 1

I'm close to finishing the Titanfall 2 campaign which has been fun. I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris in the Switch sales - my wife and son are also enjoying that. 

I have a huge backlog but my son will be receiving Pokemon Shield tomorrow and I plan to play that too. I have yet to play a Pokemon game for more than a few hours. Oh, he's also getting a Naruto game but I can't remember which one. 

• Upvote 1

On 20 December 2019 at 10:44, smac said:

Maybe a Shenmue I, II, III epic. Or Alien Isolation for proper Xmas scares. Must do a Last Guardian replay, too.

Ooooh, looking like Alien Isolation might be getting the play time tomorrow! Started playing today; haven't found anyone else alive in the station yet. Just got a space wrench, so I have a tool to get some doors open. So far, so... quiet.

• Upvote 1

I went on a little bit of a spree recently and bought Dishonored 2, wolfenstein 2,Prey, Spider-Man and the Kingdom Hearts all in one collection.

I’ve never played kingdom hearts but always wondered just what the flying f*ck it was all about....

I started on the first game. It’s pretty incredible what they managed to pack into the PS2 version. They have done a good job of upgrading the visuals for the PS4 but going back to see what the PS2 version looked like you can see apart from resolution and frame rate it’s mostly all there.

I have to say I’m enjoying it a lot, it holds up really well for an 18 year old game. Very much looking forward to experiencing the ever increasing production values and of course the Disney themes.

• Upvote 1

I bought FFVIII remastered yesterday for Switch.  I’ve mixed feelings on this edition, I properly only played it once and I remember it being a mixed bag.  However as soon as the intro started I was very much into it - forgot how evocative some of the music is!

• Upvote 1

D5MIXWcWkAEIGC4.jpg

I can't believe how good ESP Ra.De. Psi is, nor that it's a Christmas game. Available on the Japanese eShop and PSN for ¥4950. If you get credit via G2A.com, you can get it for about 32 quid. Instantly my GOTY 2019. A proper Cave game on the Switch is a Christmas miracle. 

• Upvote 4

I'll probably be playing more Death Stranding and maybe restarting it on a higher difficulty to go for the platinum. Link's Awakening was the perfect Christmas game to play today. The graphics remind me of those Christmas puppet movies I watched when I was a kid and the sunny island setting is very much like the Christmas we get here. Sunny and tropical. I'm playing a lot of charming indie games to get my spirits up (just played Frog Detective 1 and 2 and while they're both slight and have zero callenge they have a certain charm I couldn't resist.)

I'm also going to try and squeeze in some Detroit, mainly because one of my friends at work loves it and it will be something to talk about in two weeks.

And that's not even counting the other games I was lucky to receive over Christmas!

• Upvote 2

Doing the mobile phone games currently Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Legends, Pokemon Masters and eventually after Christmas Dinner it will be Pokemon Go around town to walk off that turkey. 

Keep trying to find something on Steam or Xbone to pip my interest but it will more than likely be a day of Dragon Ball Fighter Z pissing people off (spreading xmas cheer) by beating them in Ranked matches while they rage quit and cry into their stockings. 

• Upvote 2

On 22/12/2019 at 14:02, Droo said:

Not a soul is cracking out Christmas Nights then... 

I had some other things I wanted to play first, but I did throw the 360 version on last night as I had some spare time... :) 

• Upvote 1

Want to pick something to play this evening. Given up on Fallen Order, done Death Stranding and Outer Worlds  

Fancy a good adventure, considering one of the Tomb Raider reboots. But not sure. A good Uncharted style vibe?

Was playing goose game until the mrs realised how much fun it was annoying people and took over....

• Upvote 1

Nailed some dungeons in Links Awakening in between meals today, then went round to my cousin’s in the evening and played a whole heap of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. When we were all selecting our characters, her wee 3y/o girl wanted to go Baby Jesus :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just posted in the Obra Dinn thread but my Christmas Day gaming mainly consisted of it, what a game!

My daughter got Pokémon Let's Go so I also played a bunch of that with her. Seems like a great intro to Pokémon games, looking forward to getting her a "real" one when she's finished with it.

On 25 December 2019 at 00:46, smac said:

Ooooh, looking like Alien Isolation might be getting the play time tomorrow! Started playing today; haven't found anyone else alive in the station yet. Just got a space wrench, so I have a tool to get some doors open. So far, so... quiet.

Yay! I met someone alive, who was very helpful. For a short while...

Holy shit I beat THAT boss in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix.

I think I’m on the last stage of the game now, it’s taken me something like 7 hours of walking away and going back to the game as well as plenty of colosseum levelling up to do the boss. Wow that was hard.

Still....I think I really like this game. Can’t wait to finish it and get on to the next one.

Didn’t get any gaming done on Christmas Day after all due to family, drinking and some impromptu Lego.

However have bought Fallen Order in the sales (CDKeys £34) which had just downloaded so will be cracking it open tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I hosted Christmas dinner so there was little gaming save for a couple of hilarious sessions on Mario Party which was great fun with a few other people. 

I was gifted Shenmue 3 and while I’d like to dive right in I’d rather finish 2 first, so after seeing my mum off at the station I’ll come home and try to see that off. 

I’ve then bought myself Final Fantasy IX and Ori & the Blind Forest in the Switch sale, so a bit of those would be nice too, as well as maybe making a bit of a dent in my pile. 

On 21/12/2019 at 19:05, simms said:

I may crack open RE2 christmas day

i didn't get a chance to start RE2 but I've not another week off work so may start it but wanting to finish off Dark Souls 2 first as I've got too many games on the go (Shenmue 1,  No mans Sky VR, Fallout 4 VR also addiction to Rocket League).