Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Generally I do all the mission stories first and then I know the big ‘plot points’ I guess you could call them.

Along the way you’ll find so much stuff you can put together your own run through while going for challenges.

ive only got one left in Paris. How do you exactly knock someone out with a piano? Throw the coin inside?

39 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Generally I do all the mission stories first and then I know the big ‘plot points’ I guess you could call them.

Along the way you’ll find so much stuff you can put together your own run through while going for challenges.

ive only got one left in Paris. How do you exactly knock someone out with a piano? Throw the coin inside?

Maybe if someone finds it they try to reset it? Then shoot the stand. Not sure tbh. 

IO have finally released a guide on how the transfer from 1 and 2 to 3 will work. I think the main takeaways are:

- The transfer of actual progress (XP, challenge progress, item unlocks etc) from 2 to 3 has to be done via a website and will require an IO account. It's a one time deal and will wipe any Hitman 3 progress you've already made. So make sure you transfer progress to Hitman 3 before starting to play it.

- There are a few different 'access passes' available to download from the store for free depending on what you've previously purchased. Even if you only previously owned the standard version of Hitman 1 you'll essentially be getting a free upgrade to the GOTY edition when you play it in 3. Standard and gold editions are still separate when you transfer 2 to 3 though.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

A heads up you can get this on Ebeba for £30. 

It's an argentine code so you need a vpn and change to Argentina xbox store and then redeem code. 

Never done it myself but the folks over at hotukdeals say it all works a treat. 

18 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I’ve read it. I don’t understand it, but I’ve read it. I thought the solution would have been a bit more elegant, but at least there’s something in place. 

What they've done differently is that the Hitman 3 client already contains all the previous games' levels as part of the initial download, you just need to redeem access passes to unlock those levels. 

So no matter which version of Hitman 1 you own, you'll be redeeming the Hitman GOTY access pass to unlock it in 3. This is a big simplification from the billion different ways you could upgrade from 1 to 2.

For Hitman 2 you either download the Hitman 2 access pass or Hitman 2 Gold edition access pass depending on the version you own to unlock the levels in 3.

Your access passes are based on what you currently have installed in the Hitman 2 client.

The access passes just unlock the levels in the Hitman 3 client. To transfer previous progress you need to do that through a website that isn't live yet.

it's not particularly elegant but I think they have actually simplified it quite a bit compared to the 1 to 2 upgrade. That was a nightmare at least in part because 1 was episodic and there were a billion different ways to own all the first game's content. They've basically just said fuck that and given everyone the GOTY version of Hitman 1 instead.

32 minutes ago, Majora said:

What they've done differently is that the Hitman 3 client already contains all the previous games' levels as part of the initial download, you just need to redeem access passes to unlock those levels. 

So no matter which version of Hitman 1 you own, you'll be redeeming the Hitman GOTY access pass to unlock it in 3. This is a big simplification from the billion different ways you could upgrade from 1 to 2.

For Hitman 2 you either download the Hitman 2 access pass or Hitman 2 Gold edition access pass depending on the version you own to unlock the levels in 3.

Your access passes are based on what you currently have installed in the Hitman 2 client.

The access passes just unlock the levels in the Hitman 3 client. To transfer previous progress you need to do that through a website that isn't live yet.

it's not particularly elegant but I think they have actually simplified it quite a bit compared to the 1 to 2 upgrade. That was a nightmare at least in part because 1 was episodic and there were a billion different ways to own all the first game's content. They've basically just said fuck that and given everyone the GOTY version of Hitman 1 instead.

I’m actually surprised they didn’t release a £80 version of all 3 but I guess that’ll be coming in the winter.

So if you have Hitman 2 on Steam like I do, then you need to pay for it again because fuck you that's why (but don't worry, they're discounting it to 80% off! Regularly!). My unlocks etc can be transferred but to play the actual levels you need to buy the access passes.

That fucking sucks for PC players. I don’t normally have a problem with the Epic games store but that’s just a ridiculous expectation. Just give the damn game away for free (they’ve given enough away) if you can’t get your upgrade process working without shafting your fans. 

For us console plebs, it seems fairly simple: make sure you’ve got H2 installed, load H3, the in game store shows everything you own as “free”. Download it, then you can uninstall H2. And don’t forget to transfer your actual progress via the website. 

6 hours ago, Pob said:

Maybe if someone finds it they try to reset it? Then shoot the stand. Not sure tbh. 

Pretty much. Knock the piano lid down (there should be a button prompt to do so) when an NPC is close/in the next room and hide. You don’t have to be in a cupboard or anything, just out of the NPC’s line of sight.

When the NPC goes to reset the piano lid you have a window to sneak behind them and hit the same prompt again once they’ve lifted the lid.

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Does it really though? What if this was just a standalone game with no BC? Also, can't you still play H2 on Steam if you want?

I mean if that was the case for every system it was released on then maybe? But given H1 content imported into H2, and they've been saying the same thing would be the case for H3. And yes, I could keep H2 installed, but I don't have 250ish gigs on my SSD to devote to both games. Also, still on their front page of https://hitman.com/global/

HITMAN 3 is the best place to play every game in the World of Assassination trilogy. All locations from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 can be imported and played within HITMAN 3 at no additional cost for existing owners – plus progression from HITMAN 2 is directly carried over into HITMAN 3 at launch.

So...

On 14/01/2021 at 11:30, Vemsie said:

Playing the previous games (206/2) again, and damn they're good. This could end up as one of gaming's greatest trilogies.

Even outside of the recent trilogy, it's probably one of the most consistent series in gaming. The only weak links are the original (which not many people played, but was still very impressive at the time) and Absolution (not a great Hitman game, but a decent enough action-stealth one). Everything else has been top tier, despite the older games showing their age now.

Whilst I get the Hitman 2 from Steam to Epic thing being annoying I’m sure you’ll essentially be able to get it for free with a combo sale + voucher whenever that rolls around. Doesn’t help if the first thing you want to do in 3 is play levels from 2 though, I guess.

They’ve definitely dropped the ball in not saying this sooner and keeping it up on their site like that though. Had they announced it sooner I’m sure the majority of fans wouldn’t begrudge paying a fiver or so for access, leaving it this late just feels a little shitty.

26 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Even outside of the recent trilogy, it's probably one of the most consistent series in gaming. The only weak links are the original (which not many people played, but was still very impressive at the time) and Absolution (not a great Hitman game, but a decent enough action-stealth one). Everything else has been top tier, despite the older games showing their age now.

I liked Absolution. It’s not a proper Hitman game, but there’s a lot of stuff in it that made its way over to the new trilogy. If the “proper”, Hitman games were a successful TV show, then Absolution would be the inevitable big budget movie spin off. 
I’ve got an old, dusty 360 copy sitting here. I own the remaster, so If anyone wants it let me know and I will fling it in the post for gratis. It’s backwards compatible. 

I find it hard to believe this is an IO decision, I imagine the reason this has been announced so late is because they were intending a proper transfer and something has fallen through. I'm not tin foil hat about Epic, but if this is down to something on their end it seems a poor way to encourage EGS uptake. I'm just going to wait for the Steam release now.

I suspect the reason why there's so much faff transferring progress and levels is because they never intended to end up with three different clients. I reckon, back when they were releasing each mission episodically, that they planned to just keep adding new episodes to that client over the years. Then it didn't pan out very well and they decided to just release Hitman 2 as a separate game because if it was just seen as more mission add-ons to Hitman 1 it would have flopped, but that required a separate client and we've wound up here.

I wonder if they regret ever committing to taking all the levels from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3. I don't think anyone would really have cared had they not made the promise and you just had to treat each set of levels as a separate game. By trying to go the extra mile they've ended up annoying the PC fanbase when they haven't been able to deliver on it, all over a feature I don't think anyone would ever really have thought was incredibly important as opposed to just a nice extra.

4 hours ago, jimmbob said:

I liked Absolution. It’s not a proper Hitman game, but there’s a lot of stuff in it that made its way over to the new trilogy. If the “proper”, Hitman games were a successful TV show, then Absolution would be the inevitable big budget movie spin off. 
I’ve got an old, dusty 360 copy sitting here. I own the remaster, so If anyone wants it let me know and I will fling it in the post for gratis. It’s backwards compatible. 

Yep, the tweaked disguise system where certain people could see through it, and the ability to break the line of sight of someone suspicious of you by turning your back to them both started there. Both mechanics were much better implemented in Hitman 2016, but they were good ideas. The contracts mode started there as well, and clearly fed into the escalation objectives of the new games.

Also it was absolutely gorgeous, amazing lighting. I think it might have been the same engine as the new games?

Just a heads up. Might be something, might be nothing.

I preordered the digital version on the XB marketplace. Today the H3 listing has the 6 maps separately underneath the main H3 listing. Despite the game already preloaded, I had to select each map and download it manually. Each one only took a few seconds so I expect it was just unlocking my right to use the map.

I already have 1 & 2 downloaded so hopefully it'll be a similar unlock exercise when H3 launches, rather than having to actually download each of them.

I thought, from the FAQ that was recently posted, that Hitman 3 includes all the data for the H1 and 2 maps. And that they're unlockable for free if you've purchased those older games? As in, actually having H2 installed does nothing?

@Majora help??

10 hours ago, Majora said:

I wonder if they regret ever committing to taking all the levels from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3. I don't think anyone would really have cared had they not made the promise and you just had to treat each set of levels as a separate game. By trying to go the extra mile they've ended up annoying the PC fanbase when they haven't been able to deliver on it, all over a feature I don't think anyone would ever really have thought was incredibly important as opposed to just a nice extra.

I wouldn’t have thought they’d regret it. I’ve had no issues with it on both PS4 and Xbox but with the PC that’s the risk of multiple stores. As you say, it’s a nice extra and people can still play the earlier games through the store they bought it but for those it does work for it’s great!

Having all the levels in one package has helped them. Not only does it bring everything together for the fans but it’s also alllowed them to create content and push it out in a far more streamlined way.

I bet you they repurpose it for the 007 game.

Im. Little worried the loading times won’t be as quick as we are all expecting because they aren’t using the kraken compression but they should still be much improved (by a lot) on PS5 and possibly PS4

I got the dart gun last night, it’s inaccurate as shit and you only get two bullets but the genius is it yet makes your target sick so you can take them out in silence when they go to the nearest toilet.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I thought, from the FAQ that was recently posted, that Hitman 3 includes all the data for the H1 and 2 maps. And that they're unlockable for free if you've purchased those older games? As in, actually having H2 installed does nothing?

@Majora help??

My interpretation is that it's based on what you have installed in the Hitman 2 client rather than what you've previously purchased but like everything to do with this process it's still all a bit vague and woolly. I'm basing that on this

To make this happen, we detect what you already have installed for HITMAN 2 and can make the corresponding Access Pass available for no additional cost on the same store.

Note: If you only own HITMAN 1, you will need to import that content into HITMAN 2 first, via the instructions in our Legacy Pack FAQ. 

If they could just detect your previous purchases why would you need to import Hitman 1 into Hitman 2? They also make the point of saying they detect what you have installed for Hitman 2.