Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

When is this game actually out?

the timer on my pre order say 2 days and 15 hours right now and it’s 10pm on Sunday.

That timer suggests errr midday Wednesday?

Same day as Biden inauguration. Was some people suggesting this was bad idea. 

so Wednesday. 

4 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I have never played any of these " new "  Hitman games.

So i suppose i can buy the lot from Epic?   

If you buy the third game in the next 12 days you'll get the content of the first for free. The second game's content pack should also be heavily discounted around launch, so that'll probably be ~£15.

I'd recommend playing the campaigns in order. Hitman's world building is quietly one of its biggest triumphs, with even incidental NPC conversations foreshadowing or tying into the other missions. Not that you need to pay attention to that stuff, but even now I'm finding new narrative nuggets tucked away in Paris, the first 'proper' mission of the 2016 game.

1 hour ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

Same day as Biden inauguration. Was some people suggesting this was bad idea. 

so Wednesday. 

Yeah but the timer suggests it won’t be midnight and it’ll be 1pm gmt.

either that or the PlayStation 5 is running on American time somehow?

10 hours ago, Ferine said:

If you buy the third game in the next 12 days you'll get the content of the first for free. The second game's content pack should also be heavily discounted around launch, so that'll probably be ~£15.

Where is this offer mentioned?

I’ve not played a Hitman game since Blood Money and eager to jump in since picking up a Series X at Christmas. 

10 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Yeah but the timer suggests it won’t be midnight and it’ll be 1pm gmt.

either that or the PlayStation 5 is running on American time somehow?

Yeah, IOI have confirmed it will be unlocking at 13:00 UTC on Wednesday. 

21 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

I’ve not played a Hitman game since Blood Money and eager to jump in since picking up a Series X at Christmas. 

PC only unfortunately. It was possible to pick up the previous two games for super cheap on the Xbox store over the holidays but I think that sale has ended now.

Is there a free "Starter Pack" for this like there was with 2, so I can play all of 1&2s content on PS5 in Hitman 3's engine? I'm running a grift where I play the last game cheap in the latest game's engine.

8 minutes ago, Dave White said:

never played any of these.

think I might have a crack on this and work backwards if its my bag.

It's fucking brilliant. The best assassin simulator ever. Get into the role and have fun :)

8 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Did you find anywhere doing the first game cheap?

Or is there a way to play the first game in the new game (if that makes sense) on Xbox?

7 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Is there a free "Starter Pack" for this like there was with 2, so I can play all of 1&2s content on PS5 in Hitman 3's engine? I'm running a grift where I play the last game cheap in the latest game's engine.

Hmm that’s a good point, I’ve been thinking about getting H3 but as I’ve only recently started playing H1 this would be the ideal solution. So they probably won’t do it :(.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I have both Hitman games and the legacy pack in my PS game library and have no recollection of ever buying any of it. Was it on PS+ at some point?

Is Hitman 2 4k/60/HDR? 

Only H1 and thus the Legacy pack I think, do you have the full H2 or only the Starter Pack (which is free)?

29 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Did you find anywhere doing the first game cheap?

Or is there a way to play the first game in the new game (if that makes sense) on Xbox?

CdKeys is doing codes for both 1&2 for about £15 each. £12 for the US versions, but I’m not sure how you redeem those. 

4 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I have both Hitman games and the legacy pack in my PS game library and have no recollection of ever buying any of it. Was it on PS+ at some point?

Is Hitman 2 4k/60/HDR? 

Hitman 2 is 1440p unlocked frame rate option on PlayStation. So 60fps if you have a ps5.

Its very crisp. 
Xbox one x I believe went all the way to 4k.

mob and yes it’s HDR and the HDR is pretty good though my TV is too good so it doesn’t quite take advantage like something like Rocket League does.

I've been replaying Hitman 2 on Series X and to be honest it still struggles to hold 60fps at 4K a lot of the time so I've been using unlocked framerate mode instead of unlocked graphics mode and so far as I can tell that is basically locked 60. It's only slightly softer looking too, I can't really discern any major differences aside from that. Will be interesting to see how 3 performs on it.

I got the PS4 version downloaded now the ps5 is doing the ps5 version.

I’ll delete the PS4 version once I got everything transferred over

K see the card system on PS5 could be really nice at going straight into a mission within a few seconds.

Must be a way I can fudge this half finished Ps5 to play this early.