Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m still miffed the ms rewards punchcard disappeared before I preordered this so it looks like I won’t get the 6,000 points. Unless it just happens in the background. 1st world problems.

Did you punch it before it disappeared? I did, and just pre-ordered and got my points.

13 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I got the PS4 version downloaded now the ps5 is doing the ps5 version.

I’ll delete the PS4 version once I got everything transferred over

K see the card system on PS5 could be really nice at going straight into a mission within a few seconds.

Must be a way I can fudge this half finished Ps5 to play this early.

How did you do this out of interest? I’ve just put the PS4 disc in and can’t see how to access the game hub. 

27 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Are there any good prices for the digital edition? I’ve seen it for £46 on CD Keys but was wondering if you guys know of any better deals. 

CD Keys only have the PC version available currently, Xbox is showing as out of stock.

I've pre-ordered digitally from the Microsoft Store for £52.49 and got 6000 points (£5) back. I did hit the Rewards punchcard before it disappeared the other day, though.

The Hitman 2 expansion pass is currently on offer on MS Store as well, £8.19 (75% off).

4 minutes ago, Pob said:

You can order MS store credit in £10 batches at 6% off on CD Keys:

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/microsoft-gift-card-10-xbox-one-360

...and if you order the actual game on the MS store via Topcashback you get 6% back in theory:

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/microsoft-store/

You get 11% cashback for games from the MS Store via Quidco. I used that, plus cheap credit from CDKeys, plus the 6,000 points from the punch card to really drive the price of the digital version down. Not that I would have begrudged paying full price.

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Did you punch it before it disappeared? I did, and just pre-ordered and got my points.

Whatdaya know, it worked :hat:

I would’ve done it by midnight anyway I reckon but thanks for confirming/the heads up

Can I delete the first 2 games from my PS5 hard drive and still get the unlocks for Hitman 1 and 2 levels in Hitman 3? My hard drive space is going to be limited, because I'll be installing both the PS4 and PS5 versions so that I can play in VR!

2 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Can I delete the first 2 games from my PS5 hard drive and still get the unlocks for Hitman 1 and 2 levels in Hitman 3? My hard drive space is going to be limited, because I'll be installing both the PS4 and PS5 versions so that I can play in VR!

On the safe side no?

Just now, Eighthours said:

Once you've 'purchased' the relevant Hitman Legacy Pack from within the second game you can delete the install for the first game. Then you'll be able to delete Hitman 2 once you've unlocked the old content within Hitman 3.

It's just a daisy-chain of rights transfers, you don't need or want the old installs lying around; they've recompressed everything for the third game to make the total install about half as large as Hitman 2's.

Looking at Metacritic it's easily the best reviewed Hitman game ever :omg:

Glancing over a few reviews it seems to be benefiting from reviewers almost using it as an opportunity to review the trilogy as a whole rather than just focusing on the one game. I think it's grown in stature from a critical perspective over the course of the trilogy as reviewers come to appreciate just how much high quality content IO have pumped out across 5 years (and especially in light of what certain other developers may have recently put out in a similar time-frame...)

OK, so I've downloaded H1 and H2 and got the legacy pack, all installed at 180gb across 2 games! I'm pretty sure Virgin have run out of all their internet....

Do I need to keep H1 installed? Is there anything on there that the H2 legacy pack doesn't have? Is this the most complicated game download of all time?

Never played a Hitman game before. Hope they aren't shit after all this. :lol:

49 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

OK, so I've downloaded H1 and H2 and got the legacy pack, all installed at 180gb across 2 games! I'm pretty sure Virgin have run out of all their internet....

Do I need to keep H1 installed? Is there anything on there that the H2 legacy pack doesn't have? Is this the most complicated game download of all time?

Never played a Hitman game before. Hope they aren't shit after all this. :lol:

I'm not entirely sure why you're installing it all, doesn't Hitman 3 just do a licence check?

If you’ve signed into your IOI account in Hitman 2, then it should remember what you own when you log into Hitman 3. That said I’ve kept 2 on my hard drive until 3 unlocks, just in case.

I think you might need to log into their website to move actual mission progress (challenges done etc) across to H3.

IOI Have produced a very informative instructional webpage explaining how to easily redeem the different versions of Hitman across the various platforms.

I've printed it off to save me some time on release.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

If you’ve signed into your IOI account in Hitman 2, then it should remember what you own when you log into Hitman 3. That said I’ve keeping 2 on my hard drive until 3 unlocks, just in case.

I think you might need to log into their website to move actual mission progress (challenges done etc) across to H3.

That'll be it, I don't have an IOI account. Like I say, I must have picked this all up in a sale at some point and never actually installed any of it. Just had to go back to the store again to download the H2 expansion pass missions as they weren't picked up by the initial install either. Another 15GB thank you very much.

Would it be advisable to buy and finish the first two before getting this? I'm tempted to jump straight into the next-gen fun, but I see the older games are currently reduced on PSN. I loved Blood Money in a previous life, and was enjoying the 2016 game before getting distracted by day to day existence.

2 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

Would it be advisable to buy and finish the first two before getting this? I'm tempted to jump straight into the next-gen fun, but I see the older games are currently reduced on PSN. I loved Blood Money in a previous life, and was enjoying the 2016 game before getting distracted by day to day existence.

The best thing to do is to buy all three, then import everything into the third one and play it as one massive game :)