Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

2 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

The best thing to do is to buy all three, then import everything into the third one and play it as one massive game :)

Does that include story content and are the original visuals spruced up to match the third one? 

If so, money saving plan: foiled. 

2 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

Does that include story content and are the original visuals spruced up to match the third one? 

If so, money saving plan: foiled. 

Yes and yes (although visual improvements are minor as all three games look great and very similar anyway).

You end up with one massive, massive game with the entire story playable end-to-end and items you unlock usable in every level.

Don't forget to get the Hitman 2 DLC (or the "Gold Edition") as the two levels you get with that are among the best in the series.

4 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yes and yes (although visual improvements are minor as all three games look great and very similar anyway).

You end up with one massive, massive game with the entire story playable end-to-end and items you unlock usable in every level.

Thanks. One last question: Is it worth getting the Game of the Year / Gold editions of the first two?

4 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

Thanks. One last question: Is it worth getting the Game of the Year / Gold editions of the first two?

Yes. The Hitman 1 GOTY edition gives you a little mini-campaign called "Patient Zero" which takes place on existing maps but is worth playing. The H2 Gold edition gives you two excellent full levels with story sequences, two sniper challenge levels, a bunch of items and some "special assignments" which again are new targets on existing maps. If you're going all-in on this then you probably want the lot.

You'll need to import the H1 levels into H2 before you can get the whole lot into H3, by the way. It MAY be cheaper to get the "GOTY Legacy Pack" rather than buying a full copy of Hitman 1. Depends on what sales are currently running. This shit gets complicated.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Never played a Hitman game before. Hope they aren't shit after all this. :lol:

I was the same just two months ago.

Just remember it’s really a puzzle game at heart. 

I do suggest mastering the first level before moving on. You’ll eventually find things you didn’t realise were there on the 16th time round.

I've got hitman 1 through gold, bought hitman 2 standalone and want to get Hitman 3.

Currently no hitmans are installed on my Xbox.

What the eff am I meant to be doing here to have it all packaged in to Hitman 3?

Am I needing to install both 1 and 2 first? Isn't that like 200+ gig?!

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Are there any good prices for the digital edition? I’ve seen it for £46 on CD Keys but was wondering if you guys know of any better deals. 

Depends if you want to go the VPN route. I got the Deluxe version for £44.

7 minutes ago, Simmy said:

I've got hitman 1 through gold, bought hitman 2 standalone and want to get Hitman 3.

Currently no hitmans are installed on my Xbox.

What the eff am I meant to be doing here to have it all packaged in to Hitman 3?

Am I needing to install both 1 and 2 first? Isn't that like 200+ gig?!

I’m not sure you need the actual levels installed, but you at least need the launcher for Hitman 2 where you can purchase/redeem the Hitman 1 ‘Legacy Pack’ which will import all that content into Hitman 2. Then when Hitman 3 launches, when you log into your IOI account it should recognise that you own Hitman 2 and all the Hitman 1 levels as part of that.

49 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yes and yes (although visual improvements are minor as all three games look great and very similar anyway)

Seems that H3 is still more of a last gen game? I wonder how much of a difference there’ll be between PS4 and PS5, the Eurogamer review didn’t really mention it.

I just started playing H1 and I’m really enjoying it but can’t decide whether to get H2 in the sale and the hype is making me want PS5 H3 too but I think the sensible option is just to play through H1 Legacy and see how it goes. There’s so much content and replay-ability of each level that H3 is bound to come down in price prior to me getting to those levels.

Reviews of PSVR may tip the balance if it’s good.

Presumably there is going to be a metric ton of extra downloads once this goes live if it needs to install all levels from both games again?

Incidentally this is supposed to unlock at 1pm tomorrow according the dashboard clock. Is that right?

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Seems that H3 is still more of a last gen game? I wonder how much of a difference there’ll be between PS4 and PS5, the Eurogamer review didn’t really mention it.

These guys aren't going to be putting Digital Foundry out of a job any time soon but there are some comparisons shots here

I’ve created an IO account in preparation for getting everything crossed over and all that. No idea how to link to my gamer tag. Seat of the pants stuff eh?  
I’m awaiting further instruction. I can only imagine it involves an incantation at midnight and a feather up the arse or something. 

3 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I’ve created an IO account in preparation for getting everything crossed over and all that. No idea how to link to my gamer tag. Seat of the pants stuff eh?  
I’m awaiting further instruction. I can only imagine it involves an incantation at midnight and a feather up the arse or something. 

I just logged in to my IOI account via the game and it just linked automatically.

24 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

Can you import H1 and H2 into H3 if they are all physical or am I talking bollocks?

Yes, but unbelievably it's even more complicated :lol:

First you need to redeem the legacy pack for Hitman 1. The instructions for how to do so vary by platform:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

This will unlock the season 1 content in Hitman 2 only. Then you need to redeem the access pass to get the season 1 content from Hitman 2 into Hitman 3.

For Hitman 2 content, you need to redeem the access pass from the Hitman 2 in-game store to move the content into 3. This again varies depending on platform. Scroll down to the access pass section here and look for the disc permutations for each game:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

Once you have access passes for both 1 and 2 you're set, apart from maybe the gold edition levels from 2 if you only owned the standard version. 

Good luck...:ph34r:

3 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Just playing Hitman 2 at a solid 60 on the Series X already feels next-gen to me, as the levels themselves have always looked great and featured ambitious numbers of NPCs. Fantastic HDR and lighting, too. 

54 minutes ago, Majora said:

Yes, but unbelievably it's even more complicated :lol:

First you need to redeem the legacy pack for Hitman 1. The instructions for how to do so vary by platform:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

This will unlock the season 1 content in Hitman 2 only. Then you need to redeem the access pass to get the season 1 content from Hitman 2 into Hitman 3.

For Hitman 2 content, you need to redeem the access pass from the Hitman 2 in-game store to move the content into 3. This again varies depending on platform. Scroll down to the access pass section here and look for the disc permutations for each game:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

Once you have access passes for both 1 and 2 you're set, apart from maybe the gold edition levels from 2 if you only owned the standard version. 

Good luck...:ph34r:

OK. I really scared..... :lol:

4 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I was the same just two months ago.

Just remember it’s really a puzzle game at heart. 

I do suggest mastering the first level before moving on. You’ll eventually find things you didn’t realise were there on the 16th time round.

To echo this, I usually spend the first level attempt wandering around taking in as much as possible, and collecting items. And failing to assassinate anyone particular smoothly. Really worth exploring though because some of the assassinations you can pull off are brilliantly inventive. Just need to get the right puzzle pieces in place...

The XP system compliments progress and familiarity with levels beautifully, opening up new starting points and weapons, which also adds to the replayability of each area.

Excited to see how the new shortcuts factor in to the clockwork.

My first crack at Haven Island took somewhere in the region of ~4 hours. My second, with the sniper rifle, took about 10 minutes.

I remember Mumbai feeling completely overwhelming the first time I played it. I tend to prefer the more replayable mid-sized levels like Bangkok and New York.

3 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Presumably there is going to be a metric ton of extra downloads once this goes live if it needs to install all levels from both games again?

They're all included with the game as a base package, they just need unlocking via the access pass shenanigans; no massive downloads after the initial game download, happily.

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

No news on the progress carryover yet though which is worrying as it needs to be done before playing.

Having had my retail copy arrive today I thought I'd give this a try (not had a chance to actually play the game, as writing things up for the GOTY awards...), and it prompts you straight away to login to IOI to carry over your progress if you've previously played Hitman 2 on 'this family of machines'. It's not actually possible at the moment (the server is evidently not yet running, what with the game not yet being 'out'), and the store page links it gives you to activate the Hitman 1 & 2 content are all dead for the same reason, but it looks like the bits that are handled within Hitman 3 will be reasonably straightforward once they're live, at least.

(of course, I won't actually have any progress to carry over anyway, having taken the very sensible approach of buying Hitman 1 on PS4, then Hitman 2 on PC [rebuying Hitman 1 to import its levels], and now bought Hitman 3 on PS5 [and rebought Hitman 2 on PS4 to get its levels]. Am smart)

45 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

My first crack at Haven Island took somewhere in the region of ~4 hours. My second, with the sniper rifle, took about 10 minutes.

I remember Mumbai feeling completely overwhelming the first time I played it. I tend to prefer the more replayable mid-sized levels like Bangkok and New York.

Think that was one of my longest opening attempts too. And in New York spent ages figuring out how to get anywhere. It’s so satisfying when things do come together though.

The eventual calm assassinations are cool af and so enjoyable to get right, but there’s also great pleasure in the frantic, panicked, flying by the seat of your pants attempts. Even if it’s very un-47 to do so.

Haven Island, Mumbai and Isle of Sgail all took me absolutely forever first time. We're talking 3-4 hours at least, I often took a break in the middle of them to get something to eat. Nothing like poking around a Hitman level for the first time although I too prefer the medium sized levels which still usually take a couple of hours or so.

58 minutes ago, Wiper said:

They're all included with the game as a base package, they just need unlocking via the access pass shenanigans; no massive downloads after the initial game download, happily.

Phew, that's a relief. That is some impressive data shenanigans by IOI for a 60GB download to include all the HM1&2 content, that currently clocks in at 125GB on PS5, plus an entirely new game all in sexy new 4K. 

It’s cool that this one is coming out when there’s not much else around, rather that just before Christmas and just after one of the most hyped games of the last generation.