IGNORED

Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Hitcher

I’ve finally done all the Hitman 2 missions for the first time, just waiting for Hitman 1 to go on sale now. 

Miami, Mumbai and Sgail were all great. 

Also, March content has been announced. Surprised at no Elusive Target for a H3 level. 

Just did the Elusive Target; remembered halfway through it was one of the ones I’d done before. 

I wonder if they’ll actually do H3 targets. I know they mentioned some changes to the formula pre-release, which might be fun

Did the ET, lost SA in the first few minutes, which is impressive even for my bimbling standards.

Hope Gary Busey reappears as an ET, although guess that might have been a timed deal. Have plenty of others I didn’t get so even those give the game a nice long tail.

Whatever happens, I just hope there's more of this series. :wub:

After getting this on PS5, I went back and started from Hitman 1 again - and now I've just finished Carpathian Mountains on Hitman 3. What an absolutely amazing trilogy, the devs should be proud of what they've created here it's astounding. So much content, so much detail and so many ways to go through everything - sure there's the odd inconsistency in NPC behaviour and some of it can be exploited, but that's not really the point of this game is it? 

I'm just blown away by what IO have accomplished with this, it's just excellent. Very well done to them... :sealclap:

4 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

beIN Sports studios Richard Keys hit or gtfo.

A cheesy chat show host with a dark side would be a great hit. Set in a TV studio building, live audience, executive offices to breach.

Also would have liked an airport level. So much potential for disguises for 47.

6 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Yeah, excited to see what direction they take with that.

And while they probably won’t be able to play around with the licence too much, some 47 Easter eggs will hopefully get snuck in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 3 this afternoon and loved it. I haven’t played a Hitman game before so it was initially daunting but soon fell into the whole assassination style.

Now I want to play the first two games in 3’s engine but have run into a brick wall. Hitman 1 is fine and playable, so I must have downloaded it sometime ago when it was free but Hitman 2 is greyed out. I’ve bought a physical copy of 2 and went through that game’s store to download the Access Pass and even though it’s listed as free when I click through, it wants £83.49 for it which is ridiculous.

I’ve read a few threads on it but does anyone have a work around so I can play both of the games?

I’m playing it on a Series X btw.

Nevermind, finally worked it out. Downloading the first, free level of Hitman 2 unlocked the ability to play all the levels. They really make hard work of it.

Edited by sofasurfer

Any word on pricing?

That just looks like a rerun of the Deluxe Edition really - a handful of escalations for existing levels, with unlockable suits and items. Nice but (unless they are doing something really creative with them) hardly essential given the wealth of content already in the game. It doesn't feel like an "expansion", even though that seems to be the word they are using.

So, when the Season of Greed ends will they be charging less than £30?

I'm sure they're charging what they think they have to in order cover costs, but it feels a bit much. Especially as I paid for the Deluxe Edition, which was terrible value, as I figured I'd support IO's self-publishing by forking out. I'm rather less enthusiastic about reaching in to my wallet again for more Escalations, but perhaps I'll change my tune if they can demonstrate more mechanical divergence.

sounds more than simple escalations as we know them but at the end of the day this is all content for the trilogy edition that will be released at the end of that year no doubt.

Who ever buys that is going to have a serious amount of content to get through.