IGNORED

Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Hitcher

40 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Wonder if you can import the 1 and 2 stuff into this free edition.

Already played HITMAN 1 and 2? Great! The HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack is the perfect place to get started with the final game in the trilogy.

Import the locations that you can already access in HITMAN 2 and carryover your progress to start playing with the new features and improvements from HITMAN 3, including updated lighting effects, animations and Agent 47’s new camera item. Head to our Progress Carryover site to start that process, even before you download the Free Starter Pack.

I have the Hitman 2 Starter Pack at the moment to play the H1 levels, does anyone know if I can delete that before installing the Hitman 3 Starter Pack or do I need to leave that installed to get access to H1 levels?

Short of space and the H3 Starter Pack is 105GB.

30 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I have the Hitman 2 Starter Pack at the moment to play the H1 levels, does anyone know if I can delete that before installing the Hitman 3 Starter Pack or do I need to leave that installed to get access to H1 levels?

Short of space and the H3 Starter Pack is 105GB.

How is it 105GB? I thought the whole game was only 60GB or so.

With the most recent update Hitman 3 is just under 62GB on PS5; the entire trilogy's maps are installed by default. That Store listing must be an error, perhaps applying to the PS4 version.

Speaking of which, the pass for all the new content is £25, not £30. Looks like they've amended the original announcement, too.

3 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Just going by what it said on PS5 store. Might that be taking into account H1 and H2 levels too?

Not sure what's going on. I'm just dowloading the Starter Pack for PC and it's 57.9GB. I guess it's downloading the whole game.

18 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Hang on, I think I misread this. It's only playable for a week rather than being available to download like Paris was, right? Maybe not so generous, then.

The starter pack contains both ICA Facility and Hawke's Bay but you also get to play Dubai for free for a week.

36 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

The starter pack contains both ICA Facility and Hawke's Bay but you also get to play Dubai for free for a week.

Ah well. It did sound too good to be true.

I experienced  some of that login confusion setting it up. It wasn't entirely clear in-game that needed to link your account with Epic outisde the game. Thankfully reading this thread put me right in what to expect.

12 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Yeh bit irritating for a 'demo' to do a 60gig download!

Thank you for the opportunity to brag about my new speedy internet:

ZmxX9kE.jpg

Anyway, I loaded this up yesterday, wondered at how good it looks in I Can't Believe It's Not 4K and then was too tired to play it, so walked up to the Sheikh giving a speech and viciously assaulted him before turning it off. Good times.

Came to post the same @Majora - I just read the review in last month’s Edge, so that’s an inexplicable price drop. 

I don’t even like Hitman games that much - last one I played was Ablution, so I haven’t played any from the ‘world of pure assassination’ trilogy. Perhaps I’ll find it more to my tastes. 

Not your standard retailer though, so not really the true market price but more the fact they found a cheap source of keys somewhere. I doubt the Devs will see much from those sales versus a UK retail sale. Still a bargain though.

If I buy Hitman 2 Gold Edition PS4 (£15.99) will that enable the H2 levels in the PS5 H3 Starter Pack? I’ve already run the import process for my H1 levels so wondering if I’m too late to buy that now. The H3 upgrade options for H2 are all stupidly expensive. It’s too confusing.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

If I buy Hitman 2 Gold Edition PS4 (£15.99) will that enable the H2 levels in the PS5 H3 Starter Pack? I’ve already run the import process for my H1 levels so wondering if I’m too late to buy that now. The H3 upgrade options for H2 are all stupidly expensive. It’s too confusing.

It definitely should work. You may have to actually download Hitman 2 Gold Edition and install it but when you load up Hitman 3 it should detect that it's installed and give you access to those levels. Once that's done, you can uninstall Hitman 2.

The only thing that is a "one time" thing is the progress transfer.

EDIT: I have absolutely no idea how this works across PS4/PS5, that seems to be a complete shitshow on virtually everything. On Xbox it would work though...

On 30/03/2021 at 23:37, Garwoofoo said:

The new Egg Hunt might be the greatest seasonal event in the history of gaming.

Easter: a time of rebirth, growth, celebration

Hitman: please murder these three specific men in Speedos gyrating outside a German nightclub

Yeah, only done the first two levels but this is great fun.

17 hours ago, scoobysi said:

If you buy Hitman 2 digitally the relevant Access Pass should simply show up as free within Hitman 3. I don't believe you need to have the prior game installed, eligibility is based off your purchase history.

If you own a physical copy of Hitman 2 then you'll instead need to claim the Access Pass for that via the in-game store in the second game, so you will need to install at least enough to get to the main menu.

An official guide to all this stuff is available here, about halfway down the page.

4 hours ago, Ferine said:

If you buy Hitman 2 digitally the relevant Access Pass should simply show up as free within Hitman 3. I don't believe you need to have the prior game installed, eligibility is based off your purchase history.

If you own a physical copy of Hitman 2 then you'll instead need to claim the Access Pass for that via the in-game store in the second game, so you will need to install at least enough to get to the main menu.

An official guide to all this stuff is available here, about halfway down the page.

That’s great, thanks.

I'm looking to get the whole Hitman trilogy on PS5 - I have nothing beforehand. It's a bit confusing. :) With the current spring sale on the PS Store I'm trying to figure out how to get all 3 (upgraded to better visuals) for the least outlay. 

Hitman III Standard is 25% off.

Hitman II Standard is 78% off (do I need Gold edition?)

Looking at the store getting the first Hitman puzzles me a bit. The GOTY edition is way too expensive I think. And all the upgrade packs are not available?

It seems you can get all I+II levels as DLC bought within the new Hitman III game? But what does THAT cost - guessing more expensive than the above?