IGNORED

Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Hitcher

1 hour ago, SuperCapes said:

Oh for sure it seems legit, I have only played 2, but have 3 ready to go, but tempted to buy the first game with DLC, the DLC for 2 and the Season Pass for 3.

So the extra content is good? 

I think for me to have everything it is gonna set me back £34, plus the £20 I paid for 3. I feel like the time I have had with 2 so far is worth the £54 by itself, so it seems like a no brainer if I am honest! 

The additional DLC maps, Haven Island and New York bank are both excellent if you don’t have them yet

Really looking forward to loads of new people discovering this game in the next couple of days. It's my game of the generation... or maybe the game of the last generation... or maybe both.

Playing around trying to work out my list of favourite levels and here's where I ended up.

my-image.png

30 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

I haven't played this since Hitman 1 (the reboot one, that is).

What is the best way to jump in? If I get 3, do I get 2 and 1 included?

The whole trilogy is coming to Game Pass tomorrow, if you are on Xbox or PC.

If not, this week sees the release of the Hitman Trilogy, so get that as it includes everything. If you buy 3 on its own right now, you have to also buy all the other bits as DLC.

Patch notes are live for the Year 2 update, and thankfully this made the list:

We’ve resolved an issue where audio could abruptly cut out or become muted during gameplay. This issue was especially prominent on PlayStation 5.

The music cutting out as you triumphantly strode to the exit really killed the mood, so hopefully it is indeed fixed.

Well this wasn't a great start for IOI.

Firstly some Xbox owners can't even play (myself included) and secondly PC gamers are being charged stupid money on Steam.

EDIT: And now the subreddit is down.

r/HiTMAN

Temporarily closed due to horrible behaviour from certain users, including hacking and deleting of a moderator's account. Will be back soon.

The Elusive Target Arcade mode is pretty broken at the moment, the missions are being randomly marked as failed whether you've played them or not. Some sort of problem with the timer apparently. Hopefully it's something they can sort out at the back end that doesn't require patching, otherwise it might take a while.

Also, it turns out it's another variation on the Escalation format, which I don't think is exactly what people wanted. Some of the complications they've added are restrictive enough to really remove any kind of freedom of approach from the Elusive Targets, making them more of a puzzle format with a single solution than a sandbox. The excellent briefing videos have been removed and there's no way to play the Elusive Targets in their original form without the new complications.

As @Hitcher says, not a great start.

Has anyone on Xbox actually got this working yet?

Tried deleting and reinstalling on my Series X but I can only get as far as connecting to their servers and the game just quits to the dash.

Big fan of the actors breaking character in the training mission, barking something like "Oh my god, that's really him, isn't it?" "Shhh..." as you walk by them in a stolen outfit. "Finished" Hitman 1, well, a first run through anyway. I last played this in 2017 and found it way more stressful and tricky, gave up in Sapienza. Not sure if I'm in a better, more patient mood these days or if they made QoL improvements in the intervening years, because it was a total pleasure this time around. I think I'll continue on to the next set of levels before I go back to rinse the early ones as I'm quite enjoying the pattern of slowly exploring, moving from disguise to disguise, taking whatever opportunity, however cheap, on the way. So glad I've finally got into this game. I loved the opera level of Blood Money back in the Xbox days, but didn't make it much further due to off putting levels of stress and too many corpses piled in toilets. Much more approachable nowadays.

This is the third time I've effectively started over with the modern Hitman series and after God knows how many runs through it I'm still discovering things in Sapienza. One of the greatest levels in the history of gaming.

12 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

making @Garwoofoos putting it as A tier all the more baffling! needs a new category of S+++

It's a great level, don't get me wrong, but for me it's let down by the incredibly tedious "destroy the virus" objective that only ever really plays out in a couple of different ways. In later levels they often made story sections like this skippable on repeat playthroughs but on Sapienza you need to do it every time.

Well, that and the usual Hitman 1 problem of all the NPCs having American accents - the woman shouting "Rocco! Rocco!" at the start of the level is particularly grating. It's not as bad here as it is Marrakesh but still makes the level feel like a film set rather than a real place. It's an Italian town with no Italians in it.

That said - the various reskins of the level are great - I particularly like The Author, which manages to spin a whole mini-level out of the church and graveyard area that's barely touched in the main mission.

Had a grand old time in Dartmoor last night with the aim of killing every NPC on the map, I started off very stealthily sneaking round the outside, offing security guards and gardeners dumping the bodies in the river. I got spotted a couple of times and needed a couple of outfit changes. 

The inside was great fun although I once I got spotted all hell broke loose and I had a massive firefight running around the mansion. I headed back outside to clear up the stragglers and then went back inside to finish the level. 

Shooting innocent maids and butlers in the face made me feel bad but the worst bit was shooting the young lad in the staff room talking about his wife and new born baby. 

Psychopath/10

On 25/01/2022 at 09:26, Graham S said:

So glad I've finally got into this game. I loved the opera level of Blood Money back in the Xbox days, but didn't make it much further due to off putting levels of stress and too many corpses piled in toilets. Much more approachable nowadays.

Reminds me of this gem.

Part of the joy is spending time in these beautiful environments instead of my stupid house. But they're all filled with so many hateful and murderable people. I think it may be affecting the way I imagine the world. When my life resumes and I'm once again stood in a swanky building filled with global hyper-capitalists or I'm hobnobbing with the political elite I hope that I've not been radicalised by this game, and that there's not a ceremonial katana that just happens to be displayed on the wall.

I should state for the record that everyone but me will be safe, I'm not *good* at this game.

On 26/01/2022 at 10:25, Graham S said:

Part of the joy is spending time in these beautiful environments instead of my stupid house. But they're all filled with so many hateful and murderable people. I think it may be affecting the way I imagine the world. When my life resumes and I'm once again stood in a swanky building filled with global hyper-capitalists or I'm hobnobbing with the political elite I hope that I've not been radicalised by this game, and that there's not a ceremonial katana that just happens to be displayed on the wall.

I should state for the record that everyone but me will be safe, I'm not *good* at this game.

It gets into your brain in very disturbing ways. I think I'd mapped out every assassination opportunity in my office. I once walked out of the lift to find a lone security guard standing with his back to me next to a balcony, and just for a second...