Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

I never got around to playing the DLC missions for Hitman 2 even though I bought the Gold edition at launch so I'm going to play those before 3 comes out and re-familiarise myself properly with the controls/mechanics.

Had a £20 voucher on psn so have pre-ordered on ps5. I already have 1 & 2 installed, which currently uses 125 GB. I assume I should remove it before the 20th and download the lot again with the new sizing.

I have two more missions in the main hitman 2 game to get master saso on and then I'll be ready for 3 :)

can't wait!

3 hours ago, Danster said:

Had a £20 voucher on psn so have pre-ordered on ps5. I already have 1 & 2 installed, which currently uses 125 GB. I assume I should remove it before the 20th and download the lot again with the new sizing.

I have two more missions in the main hitman 2 game to get master saso on and then I'll be ready for 3 :)

can't wait!

I would wait, I suspect that there will be a legacy pack to download like 2 does to get the content in

If its like 2, then you have to redeem the code from the previous game to enable you to use it in the new one

I'm about to do the 3rd mission on 2, I don't move on until I have done pretty much everything on the previous one

11 hours ago, Danster said:

Pretty sure it will be a full new download of 100GB for all 3 games combined (content from 1&2 + 3 game install).

Holy tits, balls and willies! Hitman 3 is released in 10 days lads!

I must say I’m rather excited. I never buy games at launch, but for Hitman I will make an exception. IO seem like a great bunch, and much more deserving of our money than some of the more usual (questionable!) suspects.  

Played the bank mission DLC in 2 for the first time this evening. Really enjoyed that one, clearly lots of avenues to explore on replays too. I did lose patience a bit at the end when I robbed the vault but couldn't find any exit other than the front door so I just ran out the front door with everyone alerted. It said I needed keys to leave via the car but I hadn't found them and after doing that run for over two hours I just didn't have the patience at that point to comb through the level trying to find them.

This looks really very nice as well, I don't remember it looking this good? My memory is that it was usually quite perfunctory visually but I found myself pretty impressed by the visuals. Maybe it's just that the Series X can run it on both high settings and at pretty much 60fps all the time.

It’s going to be an expensive couple of weeks with this and Mario 3D World coming out pretty close together. 

I’m pretty bad at them but I really like how accessible they have made the Hitman games, as you get better you can go for the harder challenges at your own speed, there are so many ways to play each level. 

Shamefully I’ve never bought a Hitman game at full price usually waiting for the sales so I really should remedy that this time. 

I'm going to preorder 3 digitally so I have all three games sat on the same hard drive, I'm just waiting to see if there's any offers in the Xbox rewards app for pre-ordering it like there usually is for bigger titles.

It's really nice how they've sorted it so you can have all three games running in the same client, what a collection of levels to have in the same space.

I have never been able to get into the Hitman games. Tried every single one and want to love them but I just get frustrated and quit out. 

Might download the first game or second on xbox and give another go. They are on gamepass right? 

I think Hitman 2 is still 80% off on Xbox at the moment (about a tenner). First game is full price though. It used to be that you could download the client itself and play through the two tutorial missions and maybe even the Paris mission for free but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

The 'opportunities'/story missions tracking they added to the newer titles should help newcomers. I personally turn them off as I find them way too hand-holdy but they're useful if you're new to the series and trying to understand how to play them. Hitman is quite a unique series in how you have to approach things so I'm not surprised newcomers bounce off the series easily.

35 minutes ago, Majora said:

I'm going to preorder 3 digitally so I have all three games sat on the same hard drive, I'm just waiting to see if there's any offers in the Xbox rewards app for pre-ordering it like there usually is for bigger titles.

It's really nice how they've sorted it so you can have all three games running in the same client, what a collection of levels to have in the same space.

There’s a 6,000 point punchcard to activate.

13 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Is this likely to come to Game Pass at any point?

The third title? 1 used to be on Gamepass but 2 has never been on the service over two years after launch so you'll be waiting a good while for 3 I expect, if it ever happens.

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

I think Hitman 2 is still 80% off on Xbox at the moment (about a tenner). First game is full price though. It used to be that you could download the client itself and play through the two tutorial missions and maybe even the Paris mission for free but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Worth highlighting, as always, that the best way to play both games is via Hitman 2. And although the first game doesn't often go on sale, the "GOTY Legacy Pack" (which is what you need to play the Hitman 1 levels in the second game) is treated as DLC for Hitman 2, so is usually discounted when the main game is.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

Amazing, thanks for the heads up. That must have been added today as it wasn't there when I checked last night.

34 minutes ago, Majora said:

It was already reduced recently but has gone back up now.

Yeah they were something like 80% off the in the most recent sale, during which I picked up the extra levels for Hitman 2. I also plan on running through those ahead of this, although four new maps might take a fair while. One good Hitman map can rival most linear games in length.

I have zero time to play Hitman 3 and could probably have waited for a sale as I did the second game, but I’ve preordered it at full whack just to support IOI. They seem like good guys, they make unapologetically smart games, I wish them success in independence and want them to stick around.

3 minutes ago, Majora said:

The third title? 1 used to be on Gamepass but 2 has never been on the service over two years after launch so you'll be waiting a good while for 3 I expect, if it ever happens.

OK, will probably jump in and buy it then when I’ve cleared some of my Game Pass pile. It’s one of the games I wanted a next-gen machine for so don’t mind buying this one. 

45 minutes ago, Majora said:

I'm just waiting to see if there's any offers in the Xbox rewards app for pre-ordering it like there usually is for bigger titles.

10 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

This was the only reason I was holding off pre-ordering until the last minute. 6000 points is basically a free fiver for simply ordering a game I was going to get anyway. Marvellous, time to cash in some moon points.

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

This is £40 over at cookshop on PS4 and Xbox. 

I assume there is no next gen version? 

It’s definitely next-gen enhanced. Xbox version has Smart Delivery I think. 

I finished Hitman 2 on Saturday night and did the bank mission and Haven island yesterday.

Since I deleted Apex it’s all I’ve been playing and that was the plan.

I found Haven island really quite difficult.

Im definitely a poison the target and get a notification 5 minutes kind of guy.

I’m on to patient zero but I hear they aren’t the best missions and I struggled with it last night.

Theres no rush though because in a weeks time I’ll be playing all the levels with Hitman 3 upgrades. True 4k 60fps rather than the already excellent 1440p 60 on PS5.

I stayed up until 3:30am doing Haven Island last night, I don't think I've done that with a game since TLOU2. I really struggled getting a particular kill to work nicely

Spoiler

The one where you dress up as a personal lower and choke him with the barbell while spotting him. I always got spotted doing it nearly immediately, the window of opportunity seems incredibly tight without trying to take out the entire gym first.