rllmuk
Boozy The Clown

Skateboard videos

My all time favourite. Pj Ladd doing a bunch of stuff I can only dream off and making it look effortless. Perfect skating and music choice.

In recent years I love Jonny Giger on YouTube. He is a likeable Swiss pro who made a series replicating Rodney Mullens most famous tricks and showing how bloody hard they are to land.

• Upvote 3

It looks sooooo dated now but the first time I saw this it blew my mind.

The NATAS section is incredible.

• Upvote 3

The story of World Industries and Steve Rocco. 

Trailer

Full documentary in spoiler

A fascinating history of how one company took over skateboarding and changed it for the better and worse. Worth watching for the Jason Lee satanic board story alone. You also get the history of so many classic videos, the controversies of Big Brother magazine and the full story of how it all fell apart.

Spoiler

I think we'll try to format the thread thusly,  post an individual part in the thread and where possible place the full video in a spoiler for neatness if it's an option.

• Upvote 1

An old friend won Transworld indie video of the year for this. Gets a bit sweary at points.

Freestyle World Champ Isamu Yamamoto:

Some all-round wizardry from Andy Anderson:

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Feel free to share anything skate related or complain that this is the wrong folder.

I'm not going to demand this thread be deleted as a duplicate, but there is a skateboarding thread in OT:

And just so I can contribute something - does Bob Burnquist's X-Games 2001 vert final count as a skateboarding video? :P

• Upvote 3

I loved this one back in the day:

And my other favourite which I would watch before leaving for a skate as it would really fire me up was Zero's Misled Youth

• Upvote 2

I watched John Rattray skate the Romford half pipe which was a full vert ramp with maybe 8 feet width skateable because of metal sheets having popped up. He was about 14 and he owned it. A gentleman and a scholar. This is a nice wee video about his chaitable quest to do a proper Sadplant.

• Upvote 2

On 13/01/2020 at 00:55, Boozy The Clown said:

I'm hoping to build a thread of classics and current vids showcasing the insanity of todays skating and the surprising creativity and incredible soundtrack contained across this niche medium.

Fact: a friend of mine who watched way more skate videos than I, discovered Dr. Octagon (and thus Keith) through them. Then he told me to listen to that shit. Long story short, without skate videos I wouldn't have my forum username.

• Upvote 1

Great idea for a thread.  Streets on Fire was my go-to skate movie for years and years when I was a kid, and introduced me to so many amazing bands, too.

I'd like to add Useless Wooden Toys to the playlist.  There's a section of Steve Douglas skating vert in there that basically became my trick bible at the time.  It's all ollies and lip tricks, and he barely touches his board with his hands.  We used to spend hours on our non-quite-vert ramp trying to reproduce as many of those tricks as we could.  God I miss those days!

• Upvote 2

Skating is beyond Tony Hawk's games, but the reason I'm posting is because the sample being poorly rapped over is driving me mad. Someone please tell me what it is ?

25 minutes of  insanely perfect stylish skating with no music. 

Clickclak clickclak pop grrrrrrrrnnnnnd clackclikclakclik yyyyyeeesaaaahhhhhhh

Its BMX not skate but Nowhere Fast is the pinnacle for me, awesome soundtrack which can make or break the video.

Rodney vs Daewon is another favourie for me.

• Upvote 1

That Nowhere Fast video is mint, loads of really nifty sync point edits to a couple of my fav songs ever too:wub:

• Upvote 1

The intro to Nowhere Fast with The Cramps is insane but i cant find it :(

Criminal Mischief us good too but skip to 3mins in id say.

Edit: Van Homans section was Ozzy diary of a madman which fit perfect but its some rap song now :/

....because I got a yeah from Ron Allen of H -Street for doing a 180 fake nose manual in the car park at Livi Hocus Pocus Tour as the rain pished down. Two classics from his Life Skateboards video.

I used to bloody love going to Livi when we lived down that way. Concrete parks are good ride or skate on but im a street guy all the way. I remember my mate faceplanting while going into the small bowl after standing too far to the nose, oof. Seeing a guy air the half-pipe there was awe inspiring.