IGNORED

Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Ghosts of Saltm... BZZzzzt - The Curse of Strahd!

Clipper

I think the outcome was one of the best you could have hoped for, the openness with Eliander definitely helped smooth things and he seems to want to believe that you are all working towards the greater good. And it seems he enjoys having allies.

Archibald's intervention is an interesting one as well!

And noted you are away so have a good holiday :)

and I wouldn't worry, by the time you return the party will probably be running the council under the auspices of the Kraken society :D

With the worst timing possible, I have a family meal to go to next Sunday so I probably won't be able to make it. At best I'll be very late. :(

I figured it wouldn't fly to try and get out of the meal because I wanted to find out what happened to Archibald and his Apparatus of Kwalish. :D

dont get excited - you only technically have it!

In the battle the Illithid turned up and sucked Glen's brain, it tried to escape (with a duergar caster) using the apparatus at the front of the ship. Archibald flew to the back and touched the apparatus and then went into his ring taking the apparatus with him. The ring fell into the sea and the Illithid seeing Archibald and the apparatus vanish and catching sight of this ring fall managed to grasp it with a 2 very good perception checks.

The Illithid then disappeared seemingly teleporting or something similar - taking the ring with him.

So technically the party has it.

Just now, Mogster said:

With the worst timing possible, I have a family meal to go to next Sunday so I probably won't be able to make it. At best I'll be very late. :(

if there are two missing (sardan and Samson) I will likely cancel the session. However I may well have a "short" session with Glen and Archibald as they have some very specific solo pieces that need to be addressed. Obviously anyone else can turn up to listen (Barley I know you wanted to try revivify etc).

But that might give me the "out" I need on this particular tricky situation!

9 minutes ago, Clipper said:

dont get excited - you only technically have it!

In the battle the Illithid turned up and sucked Glen's brain

:blink::ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Clipper said:

(Barley I know you wanted to try revivify etc).

2+2=?

yes glen was tentacled by the Illithid, he saved from teh stun effect but failed to break the grapple so the Illithid used his "extract brain" attack which left Glen on 0 hp which from the party's perspective shows Glen as dead.

14 minutes ago, Clipper said:

You will also be happy to know @Sardan that you managed to kill two merrow and a duergar , all with your trademark trick of doing the last bit of damage with a spell from distance :D Two via magic missiles and one with a mind whip :D

:D

we are two down so normally we wouldn't have a session but we need to resolve the situation with Archibald and Glen so I was thinking of having a session for those two and obviously people can attend and listen in and/or we can discuss immediate post battle plans as well. WHat the party plans to do next which I understand might be linked to Glen and Archibald situations.

11 hours ago, Clipper said:

the property value of the Temple of Valkur has taken a bit of a nosedive though :D

Essentially someone just painted a big Illithid target on the place two or three of his party have been staying regularly... Thanks for that!

So was it the cultist leftovers that stole the Sea Ghost and then fell foul of the Kraken lot..? Or did the Ghost just get hijacked by Illithid & co at the island..

Guess we might find out next week.. Can only hope they were keeping prisoners alive for interrogation.. poor Brom & Leif..

On 02/08/2021 at 09:52, Sardan said:

I don’t think it was Sardæn’s fault. He didn’t impersonate anyone in the council or point weapons at any guards…

The irony being this time last year I should have been heading to Disney World but COVID scuppered that. 

Off to Wales on Saturday so I’m unavailable for the next two or three Sundays (depends how things pan out the weekend we get back). 

Still not around tonight I am afraid. 

Same advice as before:

On 02/08/2021 at 09:52, Sardan said:

Try not to get into too much trouble while I’m gone!!

Have fun!