Your music/band

Don't want this to seem like a promo for my band or anything, more a place to share if anyone has created any music. Would love to hear your stuff!

I'm drumming in a little rock band.

Edit with updated link; our Spotify: 

Okay well I have been making music for years and have a Bandcamp page - link in my sig.  It's definitely just a hobby, I am nowhere near able to make a living from it, but it's good to have an outlet.

I do this sort of thing:

That is class. Such a lush sound. Will definitely be checking out more.

This is an album I made over the course of a couple of years and bought out last year. It was my first attempt at creating a body of music that felt like a cohesive whole. It's a bit of a mix of styles and influences, but broadly in the electronic camp.. As a rule I tried to weave in samples and snippets that meant something to me, so it took a long time to compile together and does mean a lot. There's probably hundreds of samples in there in the end, I honestly lost track of how I was doing it. It won't be for everyone I'm sure, but I'm glad it exists.

I have the upmost respect for anyone that creates music and puts it out there. It's unbelievably hard.

• 1 year later...
On 02/02/2020 at 21:33, Art Vandelay said:

Just having a good listen to this, right up my street! Might even sneak some on while my class of year 5s are writing their sci fi stories next week :) will make a change from Brian eno and Max Richter haha.

14 hours ago, Jackson said:

Just having a good listen to this, right up my street! Might even sneak some on while my class of year 5s are writing their sci fi stories next week :) will make a change from Brian eno and Max Richter haha.

Haha, thanks. Might be a bit of a step down for them though!

56 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Is your album on ITunes by any chance, or Bandcamp? 

I've not added it to them but it's quite straightforward through the distributor I use. I'll pop it on this weekend.

27 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've not added it to them but it's quite straightforward through the distributor I use. I'll pop it on this weekend.

Awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

This was something I made a while back when a festival was doing a call for entries. Dunno what you'd call it, Afro-Cuban bass music maybe. Like Mala if he didn't know what he was doing.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:03, Art Vandelay said:

This was something I made a while back when a festival was doing a call for entries. Dunno what you'd call it, Afro-Cuban bass music maybe. Like Mala if he didn't know what he was doing.

I like that. It’s a bit like someone’s remixed Talking Head’s expanded backing band. 

• 5 weeks later...