rllmuk
moosegrinder

Platinum 4 Announcements - Announcement Next Week

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Also "Get blocked on Twitter by Kamiya" is a reward for higher pledges. No, really.

I wonder if he'll put the normal blockings, that he gives out for free, on hold for the duration of the Kickstarter? :mellow:

1 hour ago, merrychan said:

It's 100% GodHand and Vanquish plus sequels on Switch :D

I'd literally faint. They're probably my two favourite games of all time. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, deKay said:

Why does Platinum Man mean it's Godhand?

It was just a happy long shot guess, nothing more alas!

• Empathy 2

My guess would be a sequel to Okami, as it's the one sequel Kamiya has hinted at from time to time. Though I'd really prefer a GodHand sequel tbh.

It's probably not gonna be a new announcement of a sequel to anything. Platinum's deal with Tenecent are for new IP's only. My guesses would be a blowout on Bayonetta 3 and two new IP. 

God Hand was published by Capcom and directed by Mikami. Vanquish was published by Sega and directed by Mikami. Can't see a remaster/remake/sequel being done for those. Although Sega have at least shown with Bayonetta that they're open to someone else funding things.

Yeah, next Tuesday. Though Sega are publishing that so maybe they mean Capcom would have to sign off on God Hand?

Give me Anarchy Reigns 2.

• Upvote 3

I really enjoyed Anarchy Reigns. It's absolutely rough around the edges as it ran at sub-HD resolution and the "story" mode was basically a series of arena brawls versus bots. The combat is basic compared to the complexity of Bayonetta (who is also playable!) but it is chunky and satisfying and you can piledriver a helicopter into the ground.

The promise of a great game is definitely in there so it would be great if they could revisit it.

I have a nice Futurepress Vanquish guide. I will try and style through the rerelease with it.

Platinum have revealed they'll announce the next title next week. 

• Upvote 2

Indeed:

This week’s edition of Weekly Famitsu has revealed that Platinum Games will have a major announcement in the February 27-due issue. Earlier this month, Platinum Games launched their “Platinum4” website, with the first of the four mystery sections revealed to be the port of The Wonderful 101: Remastered. If the other three sections are intended space for future games, that would mean there are three titles yet to be revealed by the company.

Additionally, Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya also told the magazine, “Development on Bayonetta 3 is going well. Actually, there is various information hidden within the 2017-released trailer.”

• Upvote 1

Couldn't find a Bayonetta thread, so I'll put this here.

Last played this on 360 many years ago. Got stuck towards the end and never went back. Now started on PS4 and while I'm enjoying the gameplay, the cutscenes are really making me cringe. I'm actually finding it difficult to keep looking at the TV.

13 hours ago, skondo said:

Couldn't find a Bayonetta thread, so I'll put this here.

Last played this on 360 many years ago. Got stuck towards the end and never went back. Now started on PS4 and while I'm enjoying the gameplay, the cutscenes are really making me cringe. I'm actually finding it difficult to keep looking at the TV.

If you find the trailers problematic from a women as a sex object depiction angle then why are you ok with playing the game? 

• Downvote 1

I think the entire point of the gratuitous crotch shots and that isn't supposed to be from the voyeurs perspective but from an empowerment perspective. Like Bayonetta saying "Fuck you, this is all me." During the first game it was really quite embarrassing for some reason the second game made more sense in this respect, despite it being even more gratuitous

A better (and probably less obtuse) example of this is to look at the medals in the second game (I can't remember what the medals look like in the first game). From bottom to top the characters on the medals are lowest in the pecking order (Enzo on bronze) to highest (Bayonetta on Platinum).

Anyway, it's all a bit muddied. There's been a loooooooooooot of debate about it and I don't think there's been a concensus, I guess it's just how you want to look at it. There's a rabbit hole to fall down if you want.

• Upvote 2

Bayonetta 2 has some of the most painful dialogue and one of the worst accents (Loki) in all of gaming. That’s what made me cringe while playing it. 

I also felt the game just turned into set pieces. 1 is one of my favourite games ever. I didn’t finish 2. 

My brain just files all the rest of it under “Crazy Japanese Stuff,” similar to when playing Yakuza. 

It doesn't help that there's massive gaps between fights, that's why it felt a bit set-piecey to me. I still finished and enjoyed it though.

• Upvote 2