Mr Tony

Formula One - 2020 - It's Race Week!

1 minute ago, wev said:

Surely this is the Ferrari we all want :wub:

^^^ This guy gets it.

IMAGINE... Fred returns to Renault. :omg:

Also: Brundle :wub:

• Upvote 1

Amazing isn't it. Silly season has started before the season even started.

Alonso said he had plans for 2021....

I'd love to see Riccardo at McLaren, especially alongside Norris. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

54 minutes ago, Agent L said:

I'd love to see Riccardo at McLaren, especially alongside Norris. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

Certainly the off track interviews and TV segments would be amazing if nothing else.  I'm not convinced McLaren will want to spend what Danny Ric would cost though. If Sainz was to leave them, then I think they'd potentially look for a rookie rather than hire an old hand.  Nyck de Vries was in their development programme until last year and would be a good bet.  He won F2, then moved to Formula E alongside ex-McLaren Vandoorne at Merc - which I gues could be a reasons why it wouldn't happen, though I thought he left the McLaren programme as he was looking more at moving to sports cars with Audi...

All of this blowing up so of course Alonso posts a video of a waterfall on his Instagram. He’s definitely signed for Ferrari. 

46 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

:lol:

GEORGE YOU ARE SO BAD!

GEORGE!

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

which I gues could be a reasons why it wouldn't happen, though I thought he left the McLaren programme as he was looking more at moving to sports cars with Audi...

Clearly went to the same career advisor as Fernando

Audi called, they've just closed their sports car division down.

Bottas.jpg.

Vettel would have to take a big paycut to go to Mercedes which even though he's in the best car will be the last big contract of his life before he turns into a German Jenson Button and talsk over his race and title wins to fill time in F1 shows until the end of time.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

Perez and Ocon friction = no thanks

Norris - too inexperienced. They'll want a grown up to pair him with.

Ocon, same deal as Perez. 

Russell - imo far more likely to get Bottas seat than Ocon. Toto would block it.

Only with each other to be fair.  I'd say Perez fits the Barrichello, Massa profile of a number 2.

Sainz is apparantly a done deal

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-ferrari-4/

According to reports, Carlos Sainz will be confirmed as Charles Leclerc’s new Ferrari team-mate in the next 48 hours.

The Formula 1 silly season was sent into full swing after Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari confirmed the overnight rumours on Tuesday morning that an agreement could not be found in extending Vettel’s stay beyond the end of 2020.

Assuming it is true he''s moved teams at nearly the same rate his father did in WRC.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

Clearly went to the same career advisor as Fernando

Audi called, they've just closed their sports car division down.

Yeah, no idea where I got that from! He left McLaren young driver programme but stayed in the Audi one, then left that and ended up with Merc in F-e

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Only with each other to be fair.  I'd say Perez fits the Barrichello, Massa profile of a number 2.

Oh yes, Perez now perfect Chumpion material.

I don’t think Ferrari are going to play that game any more. Dunno... 

Sainz is a wiley fox. He might seem benign and a good Bottas level lap dog for Sharl on paper but I don’t see it panning our like that. Knives came out against Verstappen. Yeah that was a while ago and he’s far more mature now but I don’t think it’s as safe a call as it might seem. I see fireworks sooner rather than later with those two.

Danny is a safer choice imo. Sure he won’t be a lap dog from day one, he’d need co number 1 status. And yeah they would trade paint at some point. But I’m pretty sure it would be healthy between him and Sharl, exactly what they need. I could see those two working well together and winning a constructors championship or two. 

5 hours ago, ryodi said:

Sainz is apparantly a done deal

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-ferrari-4/

Assuming it is true he''s moved teams at nearly the same rate his father did in WRC.

That'd be brave, committing to leaving McLaren when Mercedes could leave them as the works team in 2021.

Then again that would probably coincide with Lewis "Coming home" and it won't be Norris he replaces.

18 hours ago, Dudley said:

I don't think Merc would be interested in giving him any kind of a long term deal either.  They've pretty much got Russell's garage banner made already as the long term Hamilton replacement.  

This is Vettel's problem with a big move, he's no-one's long term replacement for anything.

I can only really see him doing Mercedes or retirement, and they might fancy having a top line German driver again. He’s a couple of years younger than Hamilton, so they might have them both for a couple of years before Russell replaces Hamilton and Vettel completes the handover. But all very unlikely!

He's 8 years younger than Raikkonen. Seems crazy to be talking about retirement but then at the same time, retiring at the age of 32 as a multi-millionaire does sound pretty nice. Well I guess he'll be 33 by the time he retires. 

Ted's Shutdown Notebook!

Sky F1, Autosport etc must be ecstatic Vettel has confirmed he's leaving Ferrari because they finally have so new content to drive site visitors and views up. 

Needs Mevius on board for the full suite of sponsorship....

E cig money is ok in F1 isn't it?

Flavio will oust Cyril within a year if Alonso goes to Renault. 

Apologies if I’m annoying people by posting Sky F1 YouTube videos but this is just cruel, a Brazil 2008 watchalong with Massa.

• Upvote 1

Rumours say Ricciardo to McLaren. Well even if the car is shit the banter will be amazing.

Sainz > Ferrari

Ric > Mclaren

Fred > Renault 

Vet > retirement

BUT WHAT IF...

Sainz > Ferrari

Ric > Mclaren

VET > MERC

Bot > Williams

RUSSELL > RENAULT

:omg:

Well that's taken the wind out of, and then set fire to Ferrari's sails then.

• Upvote 1

McLolren are the clear winners in this transaction.

Suddenly Vettel retiring is a bit of a result for all involved.