Formula One - 2020

If you hang around after the qualifying tomorrow, Sky F1 are showing the Spa 24 hour GT race, not quite all of it, there's a bit of dull indy car qualifying in there too. But the bit in the dark will be live and that's the best bit of 24 hour racing. 

The Spa 24 is usually carnage as there are too many cars with gentlemen drivers pounding around in the dark, being lapped by big old grunty GT3 cars with pro drivers giving it the beans. Throw in the cold and the rain and someone will smear something expensive up the wall at least once an hour. 

Settle back with a beer and bowl of moules frites and enjoy the race. 

the race starts at 3.30pm :)

19 hours ago, Freeman said:

You’ve missed Schwartzman who is possibly better than all of the others, including Schumacher..

I mentioned him in the original post but after a bright start his season collapsed once everyone worked out the new wheels.  He may well be but he needs another year, like Schumacher did last year.

33 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Out of interest - what was it?

image.png.aa75e48cf695cb97c5e6d95ee628c2fd.png

1 hour ago, Sidewaysbob said:

If you hang around after the qualifying tomorrow, Sky F1 are showing the Spa 24 hour GT race, not quite all of it, there's a bit of dull indy car qualifying in there too. But the bit in the dark will be live and that's the best bit of 24 hour racing. 

The Spa 24 is usually carnage as there are too many cars with gentlemen drivers pounding around in the dark, being lapped by big old grunty GT3 cars with pro drivers giving it the beans. Throw in the cold and the rain and someone will smear something expensive up the wall at least once an hour. 

Settle back with a beer and bowl of moules frites and enjoy the race. 

the race starts at 3.30pm :)

Or you could watch all of it on youtube instead? I mean I know if you have sky f1 you have to justify it's existence but it's bound to provide a decent level of entertainment. You'll feel all warm and gooey inside knowing that it's only cost you a bowl of chips to enjoy.

I always suspect Stephan Ratel is the man that should have been running F1, but I think his organisation has got way too big to walk away from now.

Anthony Davidson wants it to be written off as just an accident that's happened because it's a new track. I think it's completely Max's fault, Stroll was ahead, wasn't backing off and Max just left his car there expecting Stroll to get out of his way like he thinks everyone should in Free Practice. 

Nice radio exchange from the entitled one.

Verstappen: "Is this f***ing guy blind? What the f**k is wrong with him? Jesus Christ. What a retard. I have damage. What a mongol. I swear."

Engineer: "OK box. Red flags and recharge on, please."

Verstappen: "He f***s his lap, I'm trying to prepare my lap, and he just f***s my lap by just opening DRS and staying on the normal line. No respect. But yeah, doesn't matter."

How dare Stroll stay on the "normal line" :rolleyes: Stroll may only be in F1 thanks to Daddy but he seems far more humble than Verstappen and no doubt Horner's already sticking his fucking spoon into the bowl and giving it a good mix

I thought it was essentially used in this context to imply the subject has Downs. He also says retard.

I sense a big FIA slap coming. You can’t do that. I haven’t heard that since I was at school. Wasn’t big or clever then either. 

Dick move by Max. Respect lost.

Well now. Max is talking on his radio to his pit crew and expressing his frustration at the predicament. 

The FIA then chose to broadcast the communications and release the transcript. It's not like max stood in the racing point garage and called stroll a cunt in front of prime time TV. Or got out of the car and tried to lamp Andrea De Cesaris in the face with his helmet. 

So really I suspect there is a lot of faux outrage being wheeled out here because there is very little else to get worked up about. 

2 cars crash, one driver says something terrible insensitive, world stops turning for 0.0000000000000001 of a second. Then carries on like normal. 

A mongrel is a mix breed dog and has  nothing to do with downs in anyway shape or form. And I'm pretty sure calling a Canadian a mongrel has nothing what so ever to do with race or gender or anything. 

OK hands up. It was late and I was quite drunk. My post is pretty stupid. 

My wife has now explained to me in simple terms how wrong I am,  sorry. 

I still don't think he deserves to be banned for the weekend.

But you're right, you can't really say that sort of thing and not expect it to be picked up on. 

And now we're actually at the point where he'd just have been better off walking into the RP garage and calling Stroll a cunt on live TV*, instead of that abortive tirade of abuse he unleashed on his radio.

*not that many people would have seen it live;)

9 hours ago, mexos said:

I thought it was essentially used in this context to imply the subject has Downs. He also says retard.

I sense a big FIA slap coming. You can’t do that. I haven’t heard that since I was at school. Wasn’t big or clever then either. 

Dick move by Max. Respect lost.

The FIA aren't going to do anything. There's already no punishment for the crash and everyone seems to have moved on already. We're not even going to get a PR led non apology because Red Bull will never do anything that might upset Max, not that he has anywhere to go until Hamilton retires. 

I’m only really familiar with Portimao from various Chris Harris videos like the LaFerrari/918/P1 review, but it’s a really nice circuit isn’t it? 

Shame we’ll lose all these cool circuits once F1 starts charging ridiculous hosting fees again. 

34 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I’m only really familiar with Portimao from various Chris Harris videos like the LaFerrari/918/P1 review, but it’s a really nice circuit isn’t it? 

Shame we’ll lose all these cool circuits once F1 starts charging ridiculous hosting fees again. 

Uncanny, I was only thinking this yesterday. They've been to some really interesting venues, pandemics over and F1 will be like :bye: