Formula One - 2020

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

"What bullshit have you come up with to dodge the rules Otmar?"

"Damage"

"Can we see it?"

"No the damage goes to another school"

The truth was buried in there somewhere - “we don’t want to risk Lance spinning off again”. 

Not that it had anything to do with any car damage. 

6 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Who else thinks Ferrari has found a way to cheat again, and have only put it on the car of the driver that isn’t leaving?

You reckon? :)

8 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Who else thinks Ferrari has found a way to cheat again, and have only put it on the car of the driver that isn’t leaving?

30 seconds behind Max, and 30 seconds in front of 3 stop and a spin Perez and the mid field.  I'm not convinced.

I think they've just concentrated on making the car to LeClerc's liking rather than Vettel, and of course statistically Vettel is at his best when he's in front, not racing for positions.

Simon: Lewis' value must be at an all time high. How are you going to afford him.

Toto: We have to sell lots of inventory and do a sale and lease back of the building.

Damn Toto :lol:

2 hours ago, layten said:

Hamilton is now the most successful F1 driver in history. I'm going to really enjoy reading the BBC and Twitter comments today. :) 

You can no longer sort BBC comments by lowest rated. :mad:

I had high hopes for Albon and he seems like a lovely person but I think there's a compelling argument to give someone else a chance. Max is obviously a talent but even if they got a Bottas type talent in car no 2 it would assist them on race strategy. 

Hulk seems like an easy choice but I'd love to see Russell given a chance in a top car. 

Congratulations to Lewis on what is a major achievement. Regardless of what I think of him personally, his driving skill hasn't been matched by anyone since he started. 

Andrew Benson must be pumping himself dry over this

As much as I like Albon, and as exciting as he's been with some of his overtakes in previous races, it doesn't look good that Mercedes would still be leading the constructors championship without Bottas' points

How did Perez get a reprimand and 1 place grid penalty after FP2 but Verstappen was let off? From what I could see the pit lane ends really late and Perez didn't have anywhere to go. Verstappen could have pulled out of a needlessly aggressive overtake. 

Perez also received a reprimand for defending his position against Gasly, though I can't find any footage of that to comment. 

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Plot twist: Everyone is talking about Perez or Hulk maybe getting the Red Bull seat. Who else might be available? George... 

Nah, they want someone absolutely average, chumpion material. Not an outright challenger.

Dunno... If I was RB I'd want to bed in a hedge against Max leaving for Merc in the next 2 years. George will have 3 years under his belt by then. I'd bet on him being able to comfortably lap the magic 2/3 tenths of Max.

When Max goes (and he will imo) who replaces him? It's a good question. I could see them trying to go for Legreg, as by then he'll be a bit sick of pissing away his career in a midfield car. My money is on Danny making a spectacular return in 2/3 years to finish off his career at RB with a championship. ^_^