Formula One - 2020

Gasly's been announced at AlphaTauri for 2021, which was to be expected after Horner saying Red Bull would look outside its driver scheme for the second seat if Albon was ditched. No confirmation for Kvyat, yet...

Gasly needs to GTFO of the RB stable. Not much more he could do to get promoted again. It's clear that bridge is forever burned. Mistake on RB's part imo.

One more year at AT then Renault sounds about right. And maybe not to replace Ocon. I get the feeling next year MIGHT be for Alonso what Mclaren was for Mansell. Nowhere and then an early bath.

Re: Verstappen

He already said that if anyone is offended by his comments then that's "their problem". He can fuck off.

Has he knelt before any of the races?

1 minute ago, wev said:

He already said that if anyone is offended by his comments then that's "their problem". He can fuck off.

He has not.

7 minutes ago, mexos said:

Gasly needs to GTFO of the RB stable. Not much more he could do to get promoted again. It's clear that bridge is forever burned. Mistake on RB's part imo.

One more year at AT then Renault sounds about right. And maybe not to replace Ocon. I get the feeling net year MIGHT be for Alonso what Mclaren was for Mansell. Nowhere and then an early bath.

So he's going to be in BTCC by the half way point of the season?

1 hour ago, wev said:

He’s just a cunt basically, which makes me happy really, as F1 is always more interesting when there’s a driver I fucking despise.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

One more year at AT then Renault sounds about right. And maybe not to replace Ocon. I get the feeling next year MIGHT be for Alonso what Mclaren was for Mansell. Nowhere and then an early bath.

The problem is that the Red Bull Driver Career Ruiner  Driver Programme ensures they need, and therefore have little to no money behind them, so the drivers are stuck, dropped, then are competing with the Perez's of this world who are half decent and funded.

Also, you think next year might be the year Alonso can't fit in the car because he ate too many burgers?

9 hours ago, layten said:

At least the cobbler was just a Dick Dastardly style cheat.

I came in to say much the same thing. Michael cheated on the track but everyone agrees he's a thoroughly nice chap outside the car.

Max is just a shit, both on the circuit and off. 

36 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I came in to say much the same thing. Michael cheated on the track but everyone agrees he's a thoroughly nice chap outside the car.

Max is just a shit, both on the circuit and off. 

I met him once, and have nothing but the highest respect for his conduct as a person meeting a gormless fan. I still can’t believe what happened to him. 

The AT is doing pretty well at the moment and Pierre doing well in it, I’m not sure it’s the worst thing that he’s staying, everyone talks about how hard the RB is to drive.

14 hours ago, GwiDan said:

I met him once, and have nothing but the highest respect for his conduct as a person meeting a gormless fan. I still can’t believe what happened to him. 

I mean, I haven't met him so I'm only going by what I've seen on TV and online. His public persona, I suppose. 

Of course we all here have plenty of experience of twentysomething edgelord dickheads. Some of them wised up and are decent enough folk nowadays. Most of the rest, thankfully, finally fucked off or got permabanned. 

Hopefully it'll turn out that Max is a decent guy under all the front, and he'll get more reliably tolerable as he gets older. 

But I don't think the odds are good. 

On 28/10/2020 at 15:12, GwiDan said:

We were talking about it playing GT on Monday, but every time I hear it, I think:

4F56739F-02E4-4E3F-A8A9-99F991FEEA22.jpeg

I like they chose a picture with entirely brand new tyres.

2 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

I mean, I haven't met him so I'm only going by what I've seen on TV and online. His public persona, I suppose. 

Of course we all here have plenty of experience of twentysomething edgelord dickheads. Some of them wised up and are decent enough folk nowadays. Most of the rest, thankfully, finally fucked off or got permabanned. 

Hopefully it'll turn out that Max is a decent guy under all the front, and he'll get more reliably tolerable as he gets older. 

But I don't think the odds are good. 

I mean Michael! 

24 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I like they chose a picture with entirely brand new tyres.

Yes, I did :eyebrows:

17 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Yes, I did :eyebrows:

Then just know someone appreciates your craft.

12 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The most uninspiring driver lineup in F1 is confirmed for next year

As soon as Haas announced the clear out this was inevitable.

RIP Ilott's career though, unless he's a surprise Haas recruit instead of Moneypan.

55 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Why Giovinazzi , he's worse than Trulli for fucks sake !!! 

I figured it was just because he's Kimi's mate, he raced for his Formula 3 team back in 2013 I think it was?