Formula One - 2020

2 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I almost like the Indycar solution of having a wall between the cars and the pit crews, which they have to climb over to work on the cars. 

And 2 full lanes in the pits. Indy car pit stops look positively prehistoric compared to F1 yet they can still have a full field of 20+ cars hitting the pit lane during a safety car and rarely does it look as precarious as in F1

Just now, Dudley said:

Well they've gamified "The race off pit road" so it's an absolute necessity. 

Hence almost like - I don’t like any risk in the pit lane, and if everyone is subject to the same rules, they can slow them down and make it as safe as necessary without adversely affecting the outcome of the race. 

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

How many drivers on the grid do you think if sat in the Merc would not be able to better Bottas's race performances this year?

Gio?

Lat?

Is this you saying you’d love to see Kimi in a Merc next year?

6 minutes ago, mexos said:

How many drivers on the grid do you think if sat in the Merc would not be able to equal or better Bottas's race performances this year?

Gio?

Lat?

Albon, Grosjean, Vettel, Kvyat, Stroll.

1 minute ago, Papaya Dance said:

Sorry if it's already been covered but what is that mercedes windscreen about? I assume it's just there to look cool, can't see that it's offering any kind of aerodynamic assistance.

It reduces the wind on the driver's helmet.

1 hour ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

True.

But it’s not a long term problem (once you know it didn’t pierce anything). It hurts like hell and you better not laugh for a few weeks, but ribs heal themselves fine. I know, I had 5 broken (not on a single occasion...)

Hurts like hell in normal life, imagine the pain being under the force they are in an F1 car. I believe Lando had recently broken or bruised a rib or two and he was really struggling. And we’re at the start of a triple header right? So it’s definitely feasible he may not race again this season.  If he even wants to set foot in the car again after that.

Just now, JohnC said:

Not sure about the sympathy vote for driver of the day. It appears to be his driving that got him in that crash.

Yeah you shouldn't shout it but he absolutely 100% caused that accident by swerving across the track like an idiot.

1 minute ago, sprite said:

Hurts like hell in normal life, imagine the pain being under the force they are in an F1 car. I believe Lando had recently broken or bruised a rib or two and he was really struggling. And we’re at the start of a triple header right? So it’s definitely feasible he may not race again this season.  If he even wants to set foot in the car again after that.

Yeah I really wouldn't blame him for saying thats enough.

1 minute ago, sprite said:

Oh he certainly won't race in F1 again I'd say.  He won't get back in the car inside 2 weeks if they're broken and no-one's giving him a drive here again.