Formula One - 2020

47 minutes ago, mexos said:

Sub clause 3: If Max leaves Red Bull at the end of the season you lose both bets!

:lol::eyebrows:

I may be daft but I'm not entirely stupid. I reckon Red Bull only have next season to show Max he has a shot at the championship before he's off.

Go where? I think he'll stick it out for 2022 just to see how they do with the new rules. Otherwise if there's no spare seat at Mercedes and he's still in the second best team on the grid where could he move to that is an improvement?

13 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Go where? I think he'll stick it out for 2022 just to see how they do with the new rules. Otherwise if there's no spare seat at Mercedes and he's still in the second best team on the grid where could he move to that is an improvement?

Things change. Lewis might move on, other teams might impress enough with future plans for 2022 and beyond.

I'm not expecting Perez to challenge Max in quali, but on a Sunday his consistency will do a the heavy lifting - Max just makes too many mistakes, and Perez will pick up points way more consistently than Albon managed. Over the course of a season, he'll run Max pretty close I reckon just by virtue of always being there or thereabouts.

In an ideal world, Perez will shock Max for pace early on - maybe force him to stop being such a dick at times.

Perez seems the perfect fit. I don't think he's likely to seriously challenge Max all every week but he'll be close enough, and much closer than Albon on average. That gives them more tactical options (although it's doubtful that counts for as much as I feel people think it does right at the front if the competitor is generally faster).

Perez will run Max close and beat him plenty if, and this is a big if, the car suits his driving style as clearly Albon and Gasly could not adapt quickly enough to the car - if Perez can drive it he will rattle Max and we will have lots of drama, crashes and toys ejected from the pram.

I don’t get why anyone thinks Max will ever drive for Mercedes, he isn’t the right fit for the brand - if Ineos take over the team then it’s open season as they are a bunch of cunts so Max will be a perfect fit!

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I know it's a longer series but betting at the level "Max wins by 100" is brave.  He only beat Albon by 109.

Yes, it's ambitious, but it's for charity. I do think Max will destroy Checo though.

On 18/12/2020 at 14:43, Bob Sacamano said:

What proof is there that Perez is actually fast?  He's about on Par with Stroll in qualifying and was beaten by Ocon who is now being shown up by Riccardo.  He's looked great at times this year and seems to be reliable under pressure but I wouldnt want to bet the house against this years Racing Point car being a beast and him being shown up by Max next year.

Perez is more consistent than Albion, scores more points and has more experience in setting up the car. He looks like a good fit and will get them plenty of points.

Maybe it was a little too soon for Albon? Another year at the lower formulas could have given him more of the racecraft you need. It’s not just the Super License points, it’s the racing “instinct”.