Formula One - 2020

3 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Why did they learn nothing from yesterday. The post quality interviews were drowned out by machine noise. So why the fuck have they changed nothing.  I have better on the track last week.

Its amazing how amateur the whole of F1 is at times.

It seems they’ve learnt where the Austrians keep all the astro turf

Just now, JohnC said:

I didn't see last week. This remote control trophy delivery is fucking hilarious :lol:

They didn’t do this last week. They did it for the F2 yesterday.

OH no... I looked on twitter and saw all the racists moaning about Lazenby talking about taking the knee.

I find F1 a guilty pleasure in these ExtinctionRebellion times... the fact that 90% of the fans are racist wankers is really irritating.

15 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

OH no... I looked on twitter and saw all the racists moaning about Lazenby talking about taking the knee.

I find F1 a guilty pleasure in these ExtinctionRebellion times... the fact that 90% of the fans are racist wankers is really irritating.

Poor racists, just want to watch car go vroom.

Something something always had a race winning car. Still an impressive achievement especially the wins during the Vettel championship years and he's not slowing down. Only six races behind Schumacher's record now.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t winning a race make the car a race winning car? It is an incredible achievement. Especially 2009 in particular. 

In other news, Renault have thrown their toys out of their pram and protested the force India cars.

8C314D63-6286-44DF-89E3-C2D5445950A0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Disappointing to see Ricciardo moan about Stroll’s move at the end too when it was right out of the playbook that he himself has used countless times before.

Can’t live by the sword if you can’t accept dying by the sword, Danny.

• Upvote 1

Fucking state of the replies to this.

It makes me happy to know that Lewis' continued success must make these racist fucks burn up inside.

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 2
41 minutes ago, layten said:

Fucking state of the replies to this.

It makes me happy to know that Lewis' continued success must make these racist fucks burn up inside.

I agree but I don’t think they care about his success. They care now that he talks. That he challenges their white (or self) centric view of the world. That’s what’s so odd I think about the world we’ve found ourselves in. The relatively small number of black successes, particularly in fame industries like acting, music and sport are tolerated by this crowd with little direct mention until they dare to speak up. Look at all the racists supporting football teams. No mention when their team sign a black star for the most part. But dare to mention there might be some issues and it’s back to the fucking white lives matter bullshit.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

I agree but I don’t think they care about his success. They care now that he talks. That he challenges their white (or self) centric view of the world. That’s what’s so odd I think about the world we’ve found ourselves in. The relatively small number of black successes, particularly in fame industries like acting, music and sport are tolerated by this crowd with little direct mention until they dare to speak up. Look at all the racists supporting football teams. No mention when their team sign a black star for the most part. But dare to mention there might be some issues and it’s back to the fucking white lives matter bullshit.

It's always been like that. Black performers were allowed to live in comfort (well, in comparisono other black people), just so long as they didn't speak out against their paymasters or voice any kind of opinion.

• Upvote 1

Landooo! What a fucking lad!!! Incredible finish. He’s really fun to watch race.

I’m gutted for Russel. Loving all these young lads in midfield. Perez and Stroll drove fun. Race leaders are so fucking boring. 

10 hours ago, Dudley said:

image.png.39b3be62750ebad34d112623622a3ef1.png

2nd Racism.

/catmeme :quote:

1 hour ago, wev said:

Apparently the stewards have seized and sealed parts from Mercedes and Racing Point

What’s all this then?

They've seized parts from Racing Point and requested technical documents from Mercedes for the W10 (2019 car) to check how similar they are. If there are identical parts for car could be illegal. 

So apparently the focus of the investigation is the brake ducts and determining whether they are a direct rip off of the 2019 Merc's ducts.

EcwO9pxWsAIlXlZ.thumb.jpeg.26ad573ce9072a71e869b4424b1c23cb.jpeg

To my uneducated glance they look reasonably similar but, much like the rest of the car, have enough detailed differences to probably get away with it.

Thought crossed my mind yesterday whilst watching Hamilton easily keeping Verstappen at bay for most of the race was that with this year's truncated calendar and Merc obviously having quite a sizeable advantage (and with Ferrari have massively dropped the ball), unless they break down I could quite easily see no other team winning a race this season.

Thankfully the battle in the midfield group is getting as feisty as it ever has been, so that's going to be fun to watch. Not entirely sure Racing Point are a member of that group, mind - you get the feeling that if they'd not had a dodgy qualifying they would have been quite comfortably been 4th and 5th at minimum. During the second stint of yesterday Perez was faster than anyone, leaders included.

The problem is of course this is a problem with a right answer.  There absolutely is an ideal brake duct design.  Especially when the two teams are using the same wind tunnel to get to it.

Yeah, there might be shenanigans here, in fact I'm almost convinced they are.

But identical parts aren't going to be proof or really even evidence of that when they're easy to photograph ones.

Which is especially ironic given that they used to employ a clever bit of trickery in employing Adrian Newey as an external contractor to allow him to pass the Red Bull designs down the chain to Toro Rosso/Alpha Tauri without technically breaking any rules and regs!

Imagine if RP had proper top line drivers.... 

It must be something they are thinking. These opportunities may never come again for RP. You need to move NOW. Perez and Stroll imo are not good enough to consistently extract what that car is capable of.  Hell that car could easy be finishing 3rd and 4th every race for the rest of this year if they only had better drivers. 

If only someone like that was available...

Demote Stroll next year, make him test under the wing of someone like Seb to build him up. Pair Seb with a fast enough consistent podium capable driver that won't rock the boat. Bottas.

Seb and Bottas at Aston. George to Merc. :blah:

11 minutes ago, mexos said:

Imagine if RP had proper top line drivers.... 

It must be something they are thinking. These opportunities may never come again for RP. You need to move NOW. Perez and Stroll imo are not good enough to consistently extract what that car is capable of.  Hell that car could easy be finishing 3rd and 4th every race for the rest of this year if they only had better drivers. 

If only someone like that was available...

Demote Stroll next year, make him test under the wing of someone like Seb to build him up. Pair Seb with a fast enough consistent podium capable driver that won't rock the boat. Bottas.

Seb and Bottas at Aston. George to Merc. :blah:

Imagine if they had managed to stick Alonso in that car for this season.

• Mr Tony changed the title to Formula One - 2020