Jump to content

Formula One - 2020


Recommended Posts

Starting to really like George. He’s a great racer anyway and now he has made Red Bull and Max look like petulant children in 1 interview, whilst talking common sense, and sticking up for another great driver who has a bad day, that’s good going!

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note entirely, I’ve driven the Vietnam track quite a bit on F1 2020. It’s pretty interesting! First two sectors feel a little bit design-by-numbers with the first two main corner combinations feeling like you’re driving around roundabouts.

 

The last sector, however, is a monster. Kind of like a seemingly never-ending Suzuka snake, but quicker and with walls. If someone screws up their line in there it’s going to be a massive accident. Really challenging and great fun.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Decide yourself if you believe it but Perez says he was ill.


I saw that, and think I believe him.

I mean right now, would you admit to being ill if you weren’t really?

 Where’s that Perez Covid test video gone...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiroquai said:

On another note entirely, I’ve driven the Vietnam track quite a bit on F1 2020. It’s pretty interesting! First two sectors feel a little bit design-by-numbers with the first two main corner combinations feeling like you’re driving around roundabouts.

 

The last sector, however, is a monster. Kind of like a seemingly never-ending Suzuka snake, but quicker and with walls. If someone screws up their line in there it’s going to be a massive accident. Really challenging and great fun.


Totally agree with you on the last sector. At first I really hated the track, I found it reminiscent of Valencia but with even less character. But that final sector is superb. I’m really struggling to get it right.

 

It’s definitely grown on me. But man, that’s a lot of concrete. The Safety car is going to lead a lot of laps!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ, everyone's really hovering around Albon, putting the pressure on. I know, it's Red Bull and they're never going to admit their new cars a fucking handful, but I couldn't help notice that last week Horner was playing down Albons performance from the first race and saying they got lucky with the tyres (whilst also blaming Hamilton for the coming together). Can we fire Horner and Verstappen into the sun? (Or have Verstappen, Alonso and Horner all jump ship and work for Ferrari for the ultimate Entitled Twat team)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wev said:

 (Or have Verstappen, Alonso and Horner all jump ship and work for Ferrari for the ultimate Entitled Twat team)


Hey, we have enough problems right now :(

 

Haas seems like the best option for hiding them away, though I do wonder if a proper root cause would reveal Helmut Marko as the problem and the others just puppets..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wev said:

Christ, everyone's really hovering around Albon, putting the pressure on. I know, it's Red Bull and they're never going to admit their new cars a fucking handful, but I couldn't help notice that last week Horner was playing down Albons performance from the first race and saying they got lucky with the tyres (whilst also blaming Hamilton for the coming together). Can we fire Horner and Verstappen into the sun? (Or have Verstappen, Alonso and Horner all jump ship and work for Ferrari for the ultimate Entitled Twat team)

 

His biggest asset not is they're running out of drivers. The two drivers in Alpha T have been fired by Red Bull 3 times between them so promoting either of them would be a farce and they've got to wait till at least the end of the season for another option in Tsuonda.

 

And slotting him straight into the main team would be a huge risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. Anecdotal evidence suggests nowadays that young drivers are incredibly wary of Red Bull’s driver programme. What used to be a pretty well-stocked group of young drivers spread across plenty of categories is now rather less well-stocked. Red Bull have kind of reaped what they’ve sewn there.
 

Albon himself was dumped from the same programme back in 2012 after he had one tough season. The man Albon replaced at Toro Rosso (Brendon Hartley) has also been dumped from the programme before being bought back into the fold later down the line.

 

Oh, and let’s not forget the likes of Alguersuari, Buemi and Vergne who all got dumped, the latter two of which seemed to have committed the severe crime of being as good as each other in a lower midfield car and have both gone on to prove that they could very well have had good F1 careers in the right machinery.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Albon himself was dumped from the same programme back in 2012 after he had one tough season.

 

I nearly put that but couldn't 100% remember.

 

But yeah, their only guy remotely near F1 right now is really a Honda guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope if the suspension is broken they don't let him try and take the start. He tried to go through Eau Rouge last year with broken steering after all. I'm also looking forward to how little Red Bull criticize him for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he had to correct under braking and thus didn't get the braking done and skidded limply into the wall but at exactly the wrong angle for the front suspension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I tuned in 5 minutes too late it seems, replay looks like a pretty big hit


you’ve missed the most excitement there will be in the race, unless Verstappen’s car gets round the parade lap then collapses on turn one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I hope if the suspension is broken they don't let him try and take the start. He tried to go through Eau Rouge last year with broken steering after all. I'm also looking forward to how little Red Bull criticize him for it. 

 

He should be starting from the pit lane if at all. If that front corner lets go under load he could easily cause a pileup. Let him stress-test it on his own at the back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr Tony changed the title to Formula One - 2020

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.