Jump to content

Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch


JohnC
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Capwn said:

You know what they say,

 

"if a film has more than 6 famous people in it, it's not going to be very good."

 

If "they" is "you" then yeah, I can believe that. You're therefore saying The Grand Budapest Hotel isn't any good, which is objectively nonsense :quote:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Going to see this on Saturday but there's surprisingly little fanfare around it, maybe it's just because I don't really engage with traditional and social media much anymore. Anyway I love Wes Anderson films so hoping this is up to his usual standards. Anyone else going to see this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

I’m bunking off work tomorrow at 11 and watching Dune then this straight afterwards.

 

Expecting/hoping for two 4 star films minimum double header.

 

Snap, except the other way around. I'm watching FD then Dune after. Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Only realized when I saw that poster above that this isn’t Wes Craven’s new movie. I was thinking it was a weird cast for a horror.

 

And with him having passed away 6 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

I’m bunking off work tomorrow at 11 and watching Dune then this straight afterwards.

 

Expecting/hoping for two 4 star films minimum double header.


Just got out of this and it was great - Wes Anderson x more Wes Anderson and then some more Wes Anderson with a cast that is ridiculously stacked even by his standards.

 

Worked as a double bill with Dune which was fantastic. Two talented directors delivering two visually brilliant films but tonally very different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:


Just got out of this and it was great - Wes Anderson x more Wes Anderson and then some more Wes Anderson with a cast that is ridiculously stacked even by his standards.

 

Worked as a double bill with Dune which was fantastic. Two talented directors delivering two visually brilliant films but tonally very different.

 

Excellent news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is possibly peak Wes Anderson. 10 on 10. The cast is incredible - stacked doesn’t even come close to describing how jammed with Wes regulars it is. I don’t think there’s a movie of his that has better realised the Anderson visual style - maybe the Life Aquatic, but I think this edges it for sheer visual pleasure. It oozes affection for the time and the place and the people. It is wonderful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Popo said:

This is possibly peak Wes Anderson. 10 on 10. The cast is incredible - stacked doesn’t even come close to describing how jammed with Wes regulars it is. I don’t think there’s a movie of his that has better realised the Anderson visual style - maybe the Life Aquatic, but I think this edges it for sheer visual pleasure. It oozes affection for the time and the place and the people. It is wonderful. 

 

Couldn't have said it better, I think it's probably the most Wes Anderson film he's ever done. Although I'll admit it's not my favourite of his, but it's top 3. The whole thing is just full of lovely and striking imagary and the cast is immense. I very much enjoyed it. I think in order of the storyies, I would rank then 1, 3, 2 and I could listen to Jeffrey Wright tell me stories for the rest of my life.

 

Also Léa Seydoux :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.