rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
p1nseeker

Tales from the Loop.

This is nice, and the lighting on the CGI is good. But goddam,it is slow, and I'm coming to it with no previous exposure.

I get the feeling all these questions getting raised right... The show is gonna turn round and do a JJ on us and answer bugger all, or worse a full on Lost style fuck you.

I'm totally sticking with it, as it's nice to watch, but that robot could do with busting out a RPG on a shoulder mount or something, just give me 20 seconds of pew pew relief!

2 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Still haven't been able to watch this (for various boring reasons and/or my wife being less than enthused).

Then to add to my annoyance about that I was browsing Amazon over the weekend and was surprised to find that the art book was down to £15 on Prime... put it in my basket and planned to get some other bits for the house which never happened. Went back in today to process it and it's gone back up to £25 :doh:

£18 here:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Tales-from-Loop-Simon-Stålenhag/9781471194412?ref=grid-view&qid=1586184221353&sr=1-3

• Upvote 1

Thought this was a PG but looking it’s a 15? Just as well I didn’t sit down with my kid to watch it today!

5 minutes ago, deKay said:

Thought this was a PG but looking it’s a 15? Just as well I didn’t sit down with my kid to watch it today!

There is a couple of sex scenes, one with a topless woman. 

3 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Amazing, thanks mate. Ordered! :) I just hope if this is the new edition it'll still stack up alongside my copy of The Electric State.

Oh gosh yes I hope so too 

Just watched the first one of this. Lovely stuff.

I'm aware of Simon Stålenhags stuff but not got any of the books (yet). This is right up my street though, great setting, very impressive photography and effects, and the score, which reminds me of The Leftovers quite a bit, is also outstanding. 

I watched the first one on a non 4k telly though due to the wife bingeing the Netflix Downton Abbey Football thing on our main screen, so if I can, I want to watch the rest of this in the best way possible, have Amazon got a 4k version up?

Edit - just ordered the book from @p1nseeker link above. Thanks man.

• Upvote 1

@multi Yes Amazon have it in 4K UHD

I had to search for it and add it to my watchlist cos its never easy to find 4K new shows on the UI 

• Upvote 1

Just watched the second one

Spoiler

Poor Jacob :(

On 06/04/2020 at 22:11, deKay said:

the first ep is a PG and there's nothing in it to make me think it would deserve otherwise. 

Episode 3 is a 15, due to sexual content. Depending on the age and maturity of your kids, you might want to screen that one. 

Each episode is a self-contained story so you could easily skip it. Not sure if there’s stuff later that would make less sense though. Tbh I think kids would find it a bit dull, as the episodes are deliberately quiet, and slow paced. I’m bloody loving it. Can’t wait for the next one.

Enjoyed that a lot. Dipped a bit with eps 4 & 5, which were nice bits of character drama, but didn't really seem to have much to say ... but a cracking couple of episodes at the end.

Nice to see the story from ep2 wasn't left unresolved.

More of this kind of thing please!

Agree with @peeveen about the dip and the final 2 episodes being superb, really amazing atmosphere helped by a fantastic sound track. 

Might watch them again with the x-ray bits. 

Hmm. Just done ep 3 and it felt like a bit of a dip already for me. Everyone in this town sure does like finding a thing and just having a crack at seeing what it’ll do, no messing about getting it checked by an expert or anything :)

Anyway, it was still pleasant enough viewing/listening. 

• Upvote 1

Bargain price that, cheapest I've seen it. Just noticed they have the Things from the Flood on a fairly cheap pre-order too. Tempted.

Something occurred to me today. Is it possible that:

Spoiler

...the events of episode 2 take place before episode one? I haven’t rewatched 1, but isn’t there a scene where the girl and the boy walk through the woods and the walker robot is there. When the little boy stops throwing snow balls at it it looks after him as he walks off. What if that’s Jacob, unable to communicate with his little brother?

Poor Jacob.

• Upvote 1

Yep, those last two episodes are fantastic. Gutted I have no more to watch now.

This looks great on my new 4K telly, how nice of Amazon to include 4K content as standard. 

On 06/04/2020 at 20:07, FiveFootNinja said:

Amazing, thanks mate. Ordered! :) I just hope if this is the new edition it'll still stack up alongside my copy of The Electric State.

Still hasn't arrived :( 

• Empathy 1

Neither has the copy I ordered from the Book Depository on the 7th, even though I got a 'parcel despatched' email last week :(

• Empathy 1

2 hours ago, multi said:

Neither has the copy I ordered from the Book Depository on the 7th, even though I got a 'parcel despatched' email last week :(

Mine literally arrived about 30 mins after posting this so hopefully you'll get yours soon! This edition wasn't released till the 9th so I would assume yours and mine would have been dispatched at similar times.

It's a beauty :D 

• Upvote 1

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 13:02, multi said:

Any sign of this yet?

Nope, nothing @p1nseeker :( We are only getting the postie visiting once or twice a week though, so maybe its still in the system somewhere. I'll give it to the end of the week then I'll send them (Book Depository) an email about it.

It not a Biggie, I know, and definitely not an essential purchase so I'm not gonna lose my shit about it or anything, but I was looking forward to reading it.

I feel guilty for recomending the place, although I have ordered from them in the past and post wasn't the quickest so i'm sure you will get it eventually.

• Upvote 1

Don't be daft. No need to feel guilty man!

I'm sure it'll turn up or I'll get a refund or a resend. We are in very strange times, a late or lost delivery is neither here nor there compared to the nightmare existence thousands upon thousands are going through, like I said it's an incredibly minor annoyance and I appreciate you posting the link in the first place.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I feel guilty for recomending the place, although I have ordered from them in the past and post wasn't the quickest so i'm sure you will get it eventually.

Don't feel guilty mate, it was a good find and they aren't an unknown shop or anything. I'm sure they are just low on staff/delivery speed due to all this and it'll turn up. Fingers crossed. Mine arrived fine in the end (albeit slow) and I ordered a few days before.

• Upvote 1