IGNORED

The Invisible Man - Elizabeth Moss being terrorised

Popo

12 minutes ago, Triple A said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ah thanks, maybe I’ll rewatch the end bit to see her have him do it by his hand. I assumed she did it the same way he did to her/her sister, perhaps assuming the trope of mirrored poetic justice. Edit: wouldn’t the camera feed have picked up the knife moving before it entered his hand though?

Spoiler

The ending clip is on YouTube if you want to see it again. 

• 1 year later...

I enjoyed this, but I honestly think it would have been a much more effective chiller if:

Spoiler

the film had essentially ended on her seeing Adrian's brother in the suit and there being no sign Adrian was alive. It kind of undercuts itself by wrapping everything up neatly, when the unseen terror was so effective earlier on. What a masterstroke it would have been to bring it right back to the start, and slap it right back into the audience's minds to finish. I honestly had predicted the brother would be the one in the suit and assumed it was because that was the classic chiller ending it was going for, seeing as it had been set up so expertly for exactly that.

It does make me wonder if it could have been changed in test screenings, as that kind of thing does happen.

On 02/03/2020 at 19:57, three1ne said:

This was crafted a lot better than anyone would ever have believed but it was fairly average overall. 

The Sci fi angle was unnecessary and took away from the fear. 

How would he make himself invisible without the sci-fi bit? Supernatural means?

1 hour ago, Professor Rob said:

How would he make himself invisible without the sci-fi bit? Supernatural means?

It’s basically the same either way. Both are fantasy. Trying to ‘explain’ it with technology removes some air of mystery. And looks a bit daft too.