IGNORED

Call of Duty: Warzone

Sloth

7 minutes ago, Muz said:

Is anyone getting terrible lag/stutter on series x? I've downloaded all the updates and never had a single issue on my one x

Is the HDMI cable in properly? try unplugging it and reconnecting and then rebooting, or try using a different cable even the one that came with your One X if you have one.

• 3 months later...

Why is the PS5 version the same size as the PS4 version? holy fucking shit, Warzone doesnt have a PS5 version, but Black Ops Cold War does, it should be smaller, i refuse to have warzone installed anywhere it's not on my PC it's not on my consoles, they need to get this shit under control.

• 1 month later...

What a shitshow that event was. Part 1 arrived with server issues and crashes and ended in an scenario where you couldn’t  evac even if you survived. What a joke in a BR. played exactly like the Aoex Halloween event, but the worked.

Then an hour delay for Part 2 that wasn’t even called Part 2, turns out it  was a Rebirth Island nighttime reskin. 
So in all a damp squib and shows how building on a creaky MW engine can’t compete with the huge timed events of Epic and Fortnite.

Downloading the map update now. 

5 hours ago, macosx said:

What a shitshow that event was. Part 1 arrived with server issues and crashes and ended in an scenario where you couldn’t  evac even if you survived. What a joke in a BR. played exactly like the Aoex Halloween event, but the worked.

Then an hour delay for Part 2 that wasn’t even called Part 2, turns out it  was a Rebirth Island nighttime reskin. 
So in all a damp squib and shows how building on a creaky MW engine can’t compete with the huge timed events of Epic and Fortnite.

Downloading the map update now. 

It was good fun. We got in no problem for the most part. One of the party was in a 10 min queue but other than that, no issues. Shame that you couldn't extract, but to be honest you are not gonna be surviving to the end when there's 100+ player controlled zombies after you in a small open area.

Also Part 2 hasn't happened yet. That's 8PM tonight. What you saw was just the "15 minutes later from rebirth island".

Edit: Also, wasn't MW on a totally new engine? Not the old one that had been updated time and time again since essentially Quake 2?

16 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Edit: Also, wasn't MW on a totally new engine? Not the old one that had been updated time and time again since essentially Quake 2?

Yep, and it looks brilliant. Cold War is running the "old" engine afaik.

1 hour ago, Mr Tony said:

It was good fun. We got in no problem for the most part. One of the party was in a 10 min queue but other than that, no issues. Shame that you couldn't extract, but to be honest you are not gonna be surviving to the end when there's 100+ player controlled zombies after you in a small open area.

Interestingly, I managed to survive to the end by just holing up in a house with a shotgun. I didn't think much of not being able to extract or not since the whole thing was more for show than gameplay but I guess that might have been a nice conclusion to the players who did manage to survive. I played it twice, one surviving to the end, one as a zombie but I didn't feel you needed to 'play' it any more than that. 

I thought the rebirth island bit was a nice touch, was completely thrown by some of the changes though. Interested to see what happens tonight although frankly would rather a brand new map than another iteration of Verdansk which itself has always looked like it was cobbled together in five minutes by just copying and pasting a load of the same assets into a 8x8 map. 

1 minute ago, McCoy said:

Interestingly, I managed to survive to the end by just holing up in a house with a shotgun. I didn't think much of not being able to extract or not since the whole thing was more for show than gameplay but I guess that might have been a nice conclusion to the players who did manage to survive. I played it twice, one surviving to the end, one as a zombie but I didn't feel you needed to 'play' it any more than that. 

I thought the rebirth island bit was a nice touch, was completely thrown by some of the changes though. Interested to see what happens tonight although frankly would rather a brand new map than another iteration of Verdansk which itself has always looked like it was cobbled together in five minutes by just copying and pasting a load of the same assets into a 8x8 map. 

Yeah we managed to survive until the nuke. Had a car and a juggernaut in the passenger seat and we just blasted about, but it always cut off at about 3mins10 left on the timer. 

Looking forward to tonight too. Pro tip for anyone. Loginto the game at about 7:30 and sit in the main lobby connected to the servers. Did us well last night.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This game is a mess. The menus are disgraceful and so difficult to navigate, there’s just “stuff” everywhere. In game it makes so many random fucking sounds I can’t tell what the hell is going on half the time. The game also defaulted to 50% render scale and looked like the screen has Vaseline smudged all over it and it was only after a google search I discovered how to fix it. 

Gameplay is alright, just a shame the presentation is so poor. 

I'm annoyed I couldn't finish Season 3 as my Series X is in the process of being repaired/replaced.

I installed it on my PS5 to start Season 4 but even though progress is cross platform the in game credit (CP) isn't.

Edit: Just looked on the app and I can switch between PS5 & XB accounts and buy the pass there! 👍 

On 30/05/2021 at 02:23, Doctor Shark said:

Is this worth a go? Some friends play it and have asked me to join them. Not played a cod online since MW2!

I do enjoy it but I can't take it in any way seriously. I usually hover around the top 20 but don't really care either way, which I suppose is quite a failure to engage for a game like this. I'm likely to sack it off but Apex (afaik) doesn't have a solo mode.

Has anyone played 6v6 on Amsterdam? Ridiculous you may aswell not even move! just stand and shoot, it was good fun 

I’ve never played the Cold War campaign, who are these weirdo operators with masks who keep showing up every season? I’m guessing they’re from the campaign…

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any info on the new map ? I think it drops this week bit would be great to know a little more about it before I download hundreds of GBs again 😅

are modern weapons still going to be available or is it switching to WW2 to tie in with vanguard ?

10 hours ago, MattKB said:

So the new map is out and… none of the old skins seem to work in it. Which seems pretty bloody annoying unless it’s just a launch thing before the Bruce Willises get in to make the start more authentic?

It’s only Vanguard Royale at the moment which sticks to WW2 stuff only I believe, I reckon all the skins and modern weapons will be available in regular Battle Royale mode which should arrive later on today (6pm?).

Was a bit annoyed when I booted this last night to find that the only way of playing the new map in the 24hr early access window (for Vanguard owners) was ‘Vanguard Royale Quads’. I didn’t have three others available last night and I don’t fancy my chances going Solo in a quads match, so that particular perk was a waste of time. What a bunch of dicks Activision can be.