IGNORED

F1 Manager 22 (Frontier)

T Pot

Frontier signs a multi-year game licence with Formula 1® and two more third party publishing deals

• Multi-year exclusive rights to develop and publish F1 management games for PC and console platforms
  • Four F1 games with the first launch for the 2022 F1 season
  • Releases will be worldwide and on multiple platforms
  • Frontier Publishing signs fourth and fifth partnership deals
  • Frontier's outlook for FY22 and beyond further strengthened

David Braben, Frontier's Chief Executive, said:

"We are delighted to announce this multi-year licence deal with F1. F1 is one of the most popular global sporting franchises in the world, and we believe the combination of the F1 brand together with our extensive experience in management games will deliver fantastic game experiences to a wide and varied audience around the world.

We have achieved great success with our own IP and are proven development and publishing partners for the highest profile third party IP. Both original and licensed IP will continue to be important as we grow and nurture our portfolio."

Frank Arthofer, Director of Digital and Licensing at Formula 1, said:

"Games are an important part of the F1 media ecosystem. This new manager franchise will allow fans to experience the challenging management aspects of the sport through immersive simulation games, and make that experience as accessible as possible for a broad audience. We have huge respect for Frontier and their achievements in the management simulation category, and are thrilled to be working with them for the 2022 season and beyond."

I'm kinda gutted the Motorsport Manager guys didn't get it as their PC game with Sega was utterly fantastic. But I've got a lot of love for Frontier and the games they put out, so it will be interesting to see where they go with this.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, wev said:

Yep, want this. Another Grand Prix World fan here, they should include Newhouse as an Easter egg

Did you try motorsport manager on the PC (or MM3 on mobile)?

1 hour ago, wev said:

I played the first MM on Android but not played any since then.

MM3 is fantastic if you fancy a bit of a distraction. The PC version is even more so.

Side missions where you send the team manager off to become the mate of a high ranking race official. Unlock Gold by getting your guy invited to the official's wedding.

• 2 months later...

I’m very much looking forward to this, will be interesting to see what they do with it.  There’s some stuff in their videos which looks like it takes inspiration from the MM games but everything’s a remix, it’s not like we’re working in a vacuum with no inspirations either.

The Will Hume in the latest video worked as a designer for us on the last four MM games before he went to Frontier.  He’s a good guy & a great designer, fanatical motorsports fan too, really knows his shit.

That looks awesome. Looking forward to unlocking the secret ability when playing as Ferrari to develop an illegal part for your power unit and then get away with a relatively minor fine and a behind-closed-doors telling off when you get busted!

Only thing I've not seen that I'd have liked to is the ability to create your own team to take on the real ones. That said, given real events at the moment I'd imagine you'd create your own team, get prospective engines and drivers sorted and then wait endlessly as all the other team bosses lobbied FOM to not allow you to join because it'd dilute their prize fund pool.

Having just watched the trailer...

The behind the scenes made me really want it, the trailer made me want to ignore it!

Crofty is painful at the best of times, generic repeating Crofty will be even more unbearable.

It's bad enough hearing "It's lights out and away we go" for each actual race, never mind again and again in a video game.

And then there was "oh no it's a spin" which fits firmly into the real life voice commentary in games isn't good enough to synthesise each permutation of event and driver without sounding detached, and therefore just takes away from the experience.

Not played any MM but pretty tempted with this.

I don't mind Crofty but hopefully it's not OTT. Also I'm hoping they have an option to turn off notifications for the endless complaints that will inevitably come in from Horner/Marko.

I’m hoping there is a mode that includes advice from your ‘predecessor’ so you can have moan a minute Horner, passive aggressive Wolff, silent Binotto or nice guy Brown.

I of course will always play as Haas for the full Guenther Steiner experience.

4 hours ago, Corranga said:

Crofty is painful at the best of times, generic repeating Crofty will be even more unbearable.

It's bad enough hearing "It's lights out and away we go" for each actual race, never mind again and again in a video game.

And then there was "oh no it's a spin" which fits firmly into the real life voice commentary in games isn't good enough to synthesise each permutation of event and driver without sounding detached, and therefore just takes away from the experience.

You're right there, Murray