rllmuk

Interesting stuff. What's the best version to play via emulation these days? I finished it on the PC way back when, but haven't really played it since.

Really interesting it was based on the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, yet it’s totally obvious looking back on it! 

The Amiga version was always my favourite, but from memory the SNES version was pretty good thanks to having more than one button (as was the sequel on the SNES)

• Upvote 1

360 version is really good, has save options etc so makes completing it a bit less of a daunting task.

18 hours ago, merrychan said:

The SNES version plays really well, special mention to the god tier JP version box art

One of my favourite box arts and it’s a great version of the game. 

• Upvote 1

Prince Megahit :lol:

one of those games where all versions turn out to be ace. The Amstrad version was fantastic, practically a facsimile of it's bigger brothers. i suppose the fact it had the best colour pallette of the 8bits and POP was flick screen meant it was suited to the strengths of the good old cpc. 

• Upvote 1

This guy makes a lot of good observations about the merits of various versions, particularly with regard to controls. I was disappointed to note there was no Amiga version featured but I imagine it's interchangeable with the PC version and he's portraying a more US centric view and the Amiga didn't really make it in a big way over there. The Amiga version certainly looks the same as the PC version and the controls were excellent.

• Upvote 2

Are Trchnica is easily one of my favourite YouTube channels these days. Their near 3-hour Lorne Lanning video is something we need more of.