The Free Games Thread - Add them to your account - Keep Forever

5 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Ninjago is free on the US PSN, but not UK one.

If you search for it it says"download" instead of purchase. Just got the purchase confirmation email from Sony when I started it going.

Edit: just realised this was posted 5 hours ago. ignore me.

• Upvote 3

Again?!

(Well, at least Crackdown 1 was shortly before the release of Crackdown 3)

Note that Crackdown 1 is Enhanced if you have a One X, making it look smooth and sharp and high res. Playing it also proves it's somehow still the most fun one to mess around in, I really don't get why neither of the sequels managed to quite emulate that fun factor.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, wavey said:

Gutted that Mac version isn't on Epic. Was pretty excited to grab this :(

I've lost all access to my Steam account with Civ V on as my eldest shares my library and is literally on it all the time at the moment. I don't game on the Mac much anyway, but I do miss a bit of Civ action

• Empathy 1
5 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Gutted that Mac version isn't on Epic. Was pretty excited to grab this :(

I've lost all access to my Steam account with Civ V on as my eldest shares my library and is literally on it all the time at the moment. I don't game on the Mac much anyway, but I do miss a bit of Civ action

Bootcamp not an option?

21 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's fucking ridiculous!

Indeed - apparently the next games to be given away by Epic will be Borderlands: Handsome Collection and ARK. They're going all out to promote their sale (which is very decent btw - you get £10 vouchers to use on each purchase £13.99 or higher, so e.g. I got Control + Season pass for £24).

• Upvote 1
Just now, MikeBeaver said:

Bootcamp not an option?

I did have it installed but took it off recently as I wasn't using it for anything, was just a waste of drive space. Might stick it back on for something to do tomorrow

On 21/05/2020 at 22:55, deKay said:

Sadly only the PC version. No Mac version on Epic (even though there’s one on Steam). I’ve several games on Epic now with no associated Mac version even though they exist.

Yeah, I know it’s free but why leave it out?

I ended up installing Bootcamp again just to be able to play this, but it's a shame Epic don't offer the Mac versions.

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

I ended up installing Bootcamp again just to be able to play this, but it's a shame Epic don't offer the Mac versions.

And yet for some games they do. It's odd.

Twitch Prime members will be able to download 20 SNK games for free over the next few weeks, starting with Art of Fighting 2, Fatal Fury Special, The King of Fighters 2000, The King of Fighters 2002, Pulstar and Samurai Shodown II from May 26.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 2, The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, Sengoku 3 and King of the Monsters have also been confirmed, although the drop date has yet to be announced.

Silence and Snake Pass (as well as some other games) are still currently free for Twitch Prime members as well. Remember: if you have Amazon Prime then you can get Twitch Prime for free.

Link.

• Upvote 4
On 23/05/2020 at 19:27, Fry Crayola said:

Twitch Prime's not really in the spirit of the thread, given it's still a subscription service. I'm not sure if access to the games is tied to an ongoing subscription either. 

I see what you mean but at the same time I have Amazon Prime for the videos and didn’t know it got me a selection of good games as well for no extra money so I appreciate the heads-up. It is not the same as free gratis, though, you’re right.

• Upvote 1

Many will be disappointed with that, I've not played Samurai Showdown in years and even then it was the PS2/PSP collections so wouldn't mind dipping my toes into that