The Free Games Thread - Add them to your account - Keep Forever

Goose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, looks like it was a mistake then. Was thinking it might have been for Double Fine's 20th anniversary but I guess not. Glad I managed to grab it. I still have the physical Xbox disc somewhere but it'll be nice not to have to dig that out to play it.

9 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah, looks like it was a mistake then. Was thinking it might have been for Double Fine's 20th anniversary but I guess not. Glad I managed to grab it. I still have the physical Xbox disc somewhere but it'll be nice not to have to dig that out to play it.

Thx for posting the link, looks like I managed to grab it before they noticed.

This week's free games iny the Epic Game Store are now live: 20XX, Barony and Swords and Sworcery. I've only heard of the last one, to be honest, but it's got a 82 average on Metacritic. I'm pretty sure I've already got it for Android, but I've downloaded it anyway.

For anyone that's unaware, the new Total War: Troy launches on the 13th on the Epic Store and will be free that day. I haven't played a Total War game properly for many years (when Empire and Warhammer both came out they ran like treacle on my respective PCs at the time), so I'm pretty excited for this.

You can "wishlist" it for a launch day reminder.

15 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

For anyone that's unaware, the new Total War: Troy launches on the 13th on the Epic Store and will be free that day. I haven't played a Total War game properly for many years (when Empire and Warhammer both came out they ran like treacle on my respective PCs at the time), so I'm pretty excited for this.

I hope they’ve put some more 50ps in the meter for the Total War launch for server capacity given its only going to be available for 24 hours and what happened to the site for days when they had GTA 5 free.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

They're giving away Remnant: From The Ashes on Epic Store next. That is an excellent souls-like co-op shooter.

Ooh, that's good because I was a little annoyed in was on the Xbox Game Pass but not PC Game Pass.

1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

Is it free forever if you get it on the 13th? Or just free to play on the 13th?

21 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Is it free forever if you get it on the 13th? Or just free to play on the 13th?

Free to keep. They're already heavily trailing a succession of DLC updates for months post-release, so that's clearly where they're expecting to make their money.

41 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Free to keep. They're already heavily trailing a succession of DLC updates for months post-release, so that's clearly where they're expecting to make their money.

Good stuff. Will grab it then

11 hours ago, StoooTube said:

Yep free to keep but only free to claim on that day. As @dreamylittledream says the servers are going to get humped good and proper, I’m gonna try and claim it in the wee hours before most of Europe wakes up. 

Unless they change things for TW - free games go up on the EGS at 4pm in the UK on a Thursday - so that maybe won't quite work

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

I don't expect the servers to get humped. Total War doesn't have the reach of GTA.

If people are just getting the free game and installing it anyway "just in case" (ha, yeah, right!) then they should just hand their Pile of Shame badge(tm) in right now and just go play with a hoop and a stick. Or something.

By the way, how do you do superscript on here? My (tm) just looks rubbish there :angry: