Could not find a thread for this so here we go! Coming 28 April on PS4, Xbox One and PC. 

Get ready for the next-generation off-road experience! 

SnowRunner puts you in the driver’s seat of powerful vehicles as you conquer extreme open environments with the most advanced terrain simulation ever. Drive 40 vehicles from brands such as Ford, Chevrolet, and Freightliner as you leave your mark on an untamed open world. 

Overcome mud, torrential waters, snow, and frozen lakes while taking on perilous contracts and missions. Expand and customize your fleet with many upgrades and accessories including an exhaust snorkel for heavy waters or chain tires to battle the snow. 

Ride solo or with other players in 4-player co-operative! 

Key features:

Face extreme environments in a highly advanced physics engine 

40 unique vehicles to unlock, upgrade, and customize 

Complete dozens of challenging missions across an interconnected world 

Go solo or play with other players in 4-player co-op

• Upvote 5

Really tempted by it, added it to my cart and then thought I'd not really played enough mudrunner so got the dlc for that.

I'll keep a watching brief on this as I think it'll offer wnough variety to get me interested.

• Upvote 1

I'm a huge fan of Mudrunner so I'm really looking forward to this. The only thing that game needed was a little variety and this looks to address that perfectly.

I still want a Sorcerer level where you deliver nitro glycerine though :quote:

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2020 at 09:48, moosegrinder said:

I don't think I 'get' Mudrunner. It seems like such a slog to do any of the objectives and takes forever. Like go get the lumber and deliver is a good hours worth of effort. 

That's exactly the point, it's quite a leisurely amble through countryside and picky terrain to do some chores. Even more so if you arse it up and run out of fuel/get stuck/go the wrong way. You have to be in the mood for it with plenty of time on your hands.

What's the verdict on snowrunner as it seems a bit brisker in terms of vehicles this time?

• Upvote 2
On 15/04/2020 at 09:48, moosegrinder said:

I don't think I 'get' Mudrunner. It seems like such a slog to do any of the objectives and takes forever. Like go get the lumber and deliver is a good hours worth of effort. 

It's the Animal Crossing of vehicle job simulators. 

• Upvote 4

Got this for review on PS4. Really looking forward to seeing what it is like. (unfortunately there is an embargo). 

What format are people getting it on here? For MP?

11 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I'm quite intrigued by this. Looks beautiful and quite relaxing. Does anyone know if there's going to be a demo released?  

Of you've got Game Pass for Xbox the previous one is on there, it should be a good indicator.

• Upvote 2
On 22/04/2020 at 10:51, BubbleFish said:

I'm quite intrigued by this. Looks beautiful and quite relaxing. Does anyone know if there's going to be a demo released?  

I was intrigued by the concept after seeing there was a Game Pass quest for Mudrunner, so I gave it a go. I honestly found it the most boring and frustrating thing I've played in years. I quite like offroad games but this was just like being permanently caught in the slow rough stuff in a driving game. Absolutely infuriating. That said, I didn't give it very long at all. Perhaps when you learn how to whiz over the terrain it feels amazing.

Initial impressions of this is bloody MARVELOUS! I quite liked Mudrunner, it's a real chill out game, and I liked the slow paced gameplay trying to work out the best way to traverse the maps. Eventually though the single task of delivering logs did get repetitive, and the visuals were a bit washed out and bleak. Snowrunner though is SO much better in every way in terms of visuals, sheer scale of maps, more varied terrain, variety of contracts and tasks to undertake, reasons to actually explore and discover things, vehicle customisation....and...and.... .I want to gush further but after deciding to have a quick go I've just seen the time and realised i've lost three hours to the game. I will post more tomorrow but will just say that if you quite liked Mudrunner and are thinking of getting this then be excited. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I really enjoyed my time with it last night too. The structure of the game is far more engaging that Mudrunners. And it still has the feeling of being in the middle of Fucknowswhere USA. I think I'm going to buy the season pass too, I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't buy the premium edition really. The only thing that is disappointing is the first person view, which feels a bit janky. It could do with another pass regarding the English used too

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Anyone played this on Switch yet?  What's it like in handheld mode?

It's not on Switch. 

Mudrunner is on Switch though and I found it runs fine, but is a bit of a visual downgrade. 

• 2 months later...

I loved the idea of Mudrunner. Take your time, think about what you're doing and get the job done. Upgrading your vehicles, while learning the intricacies of the terrain.

I loved the idea, but never did take the plunge and buy Mudrunner.

I started playing Snowrunner in earnest a few days ago and I'm loving it. My rate of progress is getting faster, especially as I realised that one of my starter trucks (Fleetstar) could be made AWD  :facepalm::).

Now I'm ticking off those tasks and contracts and enjoying it more and more.

• Upvote 3

I was the same danbot.  I was late to realise AWD was possible on the starter vehicle!  :doh: It's a great adventure and the game is massive!  There's something about the slow and careful progress that makes it very addictive too.  Enjoy! 8-)

• Upvote 2